Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what's the weirdest thing you ever found in your car?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

antodeco wrote: »
    Its great when you find random foreign sweets in your car. Always tempeted to eat them..

just remember, like a previous poster said, if they come sealed in a plastic bag with a packet of rizlas they're most likely not sweets. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,927 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A 50 pence piece (Irish). In an 05 car....

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

I found a 1954 Shilling coin in a 1997 caddy van.
    wierd

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭superjosh9

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Dead or alive?

very much alive - and indeed had kittens soon after..!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I remember years ago,my dad bought a vw golf from a guy he used to know who was emigrating. I was in the car one day,rooting around in the glove compartment and found a photo of the previous owner balls naked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

This thread is a timely reminder for me to clean out the car before I part-ex it on Friday! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

An unopened condom under the steering wheel boss

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

There's a dead wasp in the plasting casing of my overhead light. Its decomposing now though! I have abs no idea how it could have got in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

bobmeaney wrote: »
    I remember years ago,my dad bought a vw golf from a guy he used to know who was emigrating. I was in the car one day,rooting around in the glove compartment and found a photo of the previous owner balls naked.
    I'm assuming by 'balls naked' that it was a bloke.... :(

I know someone that found a phone one night with pics the owner took of herself naked... obviously they were bluetoothed to his phone before calling a few numbers to get it back to the owner!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Petrol after the wife used the car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Reminds me actually of a story i heard of a local dealer a few years back.

He traded in a van (can't remember which) of some local traveller lads. Long story short got the van valeted and put it back out on the fore court for resale. About two weeks later the lad came back saying he had left something in van and wanted to get it. The salesman insisted that the van had been clean out and there was nothing left in it, but the lad still insisted.

Got the keys, went over to the van and he opened the back door, pulled down a bit of the roof, and out came his few thousand £'s in notes. Lucky it wasn't sold lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

A mechanic I work with was servicing a squad car, a focus, when doing the pollen filter he looked under the seat and found a nice lump of hash:pac:

The weirdest thing I found was a dildo in the glovebox of a car. It was bagged and all! Another one was a chop bar under the carpet of a 1996 galaxy. Best before 1997:eek: The smell of the whole car made me vomit, travellers were the owners:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

A wasp hive in my landrover drivers door, took a while to figure out where all the gigantic wasps where coming from. also the internal lights where always full of flies. not anymore tho, under the carpet had loadsa broken glass?

I remember about 12 years ago my dads car used to have loadsa mushrooms along the windows and holes in the floor so we could see the street! maybe the nct is a good thing afterall lol!

make the oul lads car 22 years ago, my other have just reminded me how old i really am

• Registered Users Posts: 14,044 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My car (jap import) has a flare clipped under the glove box - i just know if I take it out i'll end up in some bizzare situation where i'll really need a flare!!! Also under the spare tire I found a mobile, a glove, a sock, a tin of thomas the tank engine lip balm, loads of crocodile clips and some jap instructions to what i've been told is a water pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

tk123 wrote: »
    My car (jap import) has a flare clipped under the glove box
    This may have implications for the "fire" part of your insurance policy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

My wife once returned from a shopping trip in town, upon her return I found her to be without a single pair of new shoes in the boot.

Weird in the extreme.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I once found a completely mangled cat wrapped around the alternator belt of a VW Passat. Yuk! In the end I had to powerhose him out of the engine bay after pulling the main bits of cat body out with a brush handle... :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

tk123 wrote: »
    My car (jap import) has a flare clipped under the glove box - i just know if I take it out i'll end up in some bizzare situation where i'll really need a flare!!!
    doesnt all jap stuff have flares,i think its a regulation over there,my mates skyline had one too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Not in the car but I once came back to my car to find a used sanitary towel on the windscreen. I still can't help but think WTF....
    EEEWWWW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

In a car i went to view at a car garage i found it to be without a gear stick but empty mc donalds packing all over the seat.Now the recession is here you better clean up your act boys.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

May it never happen to you someone elses baby in the carseat.

Was in High Wycombe UK at the time and it wasnt the right colour thats how I knew.

Advertisement