Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#Warhammeronline.uk

• 06-09-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

This is a Warhammer channel on quakenet irc and they are going on the second server down alphabetically on EU release. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its a good way to do the server choice. We should decide on something like that on boards. Maybe 2nd or 3rd one down alphabetically ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can see the list of US names here.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86

I suspect the EU servers will have the same name list, but that, like so many things GOA work on, remains to be seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I'm gonna make 1 char on each server and see the pings on them all then pick one that has the lowest ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

KoKane wrote: »
    I'm gonna make 1 char on each server and see the pings on them all then pick one that has the lowest ?

They're all in Lille in France, so the pings should be equal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I thought maybe there will be one server in Ireland since there's a Goa office in Dublin isn't there?

• Advertisement

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I thought maybe there will be one server in Ireland since there's a Goa office in Dublin isn't there?

The offices are in Cork St, Dublin, but the servers are all in their data centre in Lille.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Its just a tech support/game master office afaik.

Kiith wrote: »
    Its just a tech support/game master office afaik.

The QA team, server team and community managers are all there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Spear wrote: »
    The QA team, server team and community managers are all there.

So they have remote control over servers? Ah u think they would put a server or 2 in Ireland for us and UK :p

DrMorphine wrote: »
    So they have remote control over servers? Ah u think they would put a server or 2 in Ireland for us and UK :p

But they can take advantage of France Telecoms backbone in Lille.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Was thinking they'd be all equal pings but you never know.

Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Are the French server know to have good pings I wonder.

wideband wrote: »
    Are the French server know to have good pings I wonder.

There's no ingame way to display pings and the server select screen doesn't show them (or even basic info like player count).

Advertisement