Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jhonen Vasquez...

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sarky wrote: »
    <3 Mr. Vasquez.

Zim was mostly fantastic. Aside from Gir's "lol im so randome" stuff, there was plenty of other stuff to enjoy. The scary monkey show, the portrayal of the whole human race as mindless beasts who really did deserve to be destroyed, Spaaaace Meeeeaaaat, Pustulio... I could go on.

Although I wasn't able to read JTHM all in one go because I found myself agreeing with him too much. Noodle Boy was wonderful for the sheer effort he put in to making as little sense as possible.

Zim is absolutely the most adult kids cartoon in some respects.

I have no idea how Vasquez got away with it for as long as he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Indeed, when you actually got down to it and looked past the jokes*, it's one of the darkest cartoons you'll see. Far bleaker than any "adult" animated series that springs to mind. He might well be faking it, but you can't help but feel he has nothing but utter contempt for humanity. The series makes constant references to it.

It's the sort of thing I think kids SHOULD see rather than the sickly sweet lies too many parents tell their kids about the world being nice, how they're special, and how they can do anything they set their mind to...

*ahem*

Sarky wrote: »
    Indeed, when you actually got down to it and looked past the jokes*, it's one of the darkest cartoons you'll see. Far bleaker than any "adult" animated series that springs to mind. He might well be faking it, but you can't help but feel he has nothing but utter contempt for humanity. The series makes constant references to it.

It's the sort of thing I think kids SHOULD see rather than the sickly sweet lies too many parents tell their kids about the world being nice, how they're special, and how they can do anything they set their mind to...

*ahem*

It's true, the Zim world isn't that far off a dystopian nightmare.

Look at the teacher for tallests sake, she represents the death of childrens creativity... nasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

indeed, but if you think of it from the perspective young kids just laugh at the gross kids and funny creatures, adults can appreciate its genius!!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

SDooM wrote: »
    It's true, the Zim world isn't that far off a dystopian nightmare.

Look at the teacher for tallests sake, she represents the death of childrens creativity... nasty.

Oh, my, Mrs. Bitters is an awesome creation. Such a depressing creature. "Today's lesson is about outer space... And how it will eventually IMPLODE in on itself! The universe is doomed! Doom... Doom... Doom... Doom. GO HOME NOW!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

dbgzmirr62soxxabxwjku5qzh5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nofxlol

so alone i am in 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Janicus

:D

1185678354_1476a24092.jpg

• Advertisement

Does anyone want to sing the doomsong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Wait...., that maybe the wrong one :pac:

Does anyone want to sing the doomsong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he directed this video too.. quite strange

Yup, That's definitely his sense of humour anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

funny-tattoos-invader-zim-gir-win.jpg

Advertisement