Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOT another "tell me what tattoo you guys think I should get" thread!

Options
  • 06-09-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭

... I am having a placement issue with a new idea though and would appreciate some opinions from like minded folks! :)

I have my heart set on a cupcake tattoo for my 25th birthday. I know that may seem weird, but 25 to me is the "scary grown up age" and a cupcake to me would represent all thinks good about being young and carefree and silly. My mum used to bake cupcakes when I was really small and also I have a tendancy to take things (life!) a bit too seriously at times so it will be a reminder to cop the f*ck on and chill out when im all stressed over silly things.

I know thats a lot of meaning for a freakin cupcake but see above paragraph re taking things (too?) seriously etc etc. I suppose the point is I've thought it through, I'm not just getting lots of tattoos for no reason.

Anyhoo, on to my placement issue.

Originally I thought maybe quite low down on the back left side of my hip. (cos you're told not to eat too many cupcakes or they'll go to your hips teehee!) But now that the full outline of the koi piece on my right side is done, I'm concerned a cartoony/humorous tattoo beside it might take away from the impact of it. Also a friend made a comment about if my koi gets hungry he can eat the cupcake :eek: so if it does go in that area it would have to be on the far side! :P

Haven't really thought of any other areas yet, a cupcake is a funny shape it doesnt really flow with the body anywhere.

Another idea im toying with is, as its a birthday tatt, dividing my left wrist up into six and having space for a birthday tattoo every year up to my 30th, (I just threw up a little in my mouth saying my 30th! :eek: ) with the final tattoo completing a charm bracelet documenting my (more throwup) late twenties.

That's all I got so far anyhoo, any placement suggestions/comments appreciated!

Thank you please,

C x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Lower stomach (offset to the left or right), I think it's a very feminine place and is easily hidden if you don't want people to see.

Can't really think of any other places it may suit.
    One of the girls on here has a cupcake behind her ear.

On your butt cheek? Really no clue, think it'd be lovely and cute though on your lower stomach but that could just be me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Will wrote: »
    Lower stomach (offset to the left or right), I think it's a very feminine place and is easily hidden if you don't want people to see.

Yeah that is where i was thinking aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will wrote: »

On your butt cheek? .

Your only saying that for when you demand to see the pics of the tatt!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Never thought of that. :eek:

not believable at all.Pervert!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

haha! :D No to the butt cheek! Tummy/hip maybe, its hard to find a good spot though. Its quiet in work today so have been drawing it on in different places to see how it looks :p

Still torn between that and the bracelet idea though, still havent totally discounted a Gir and his cupcake either! decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I really love the charm bracelet idea!! Very sweet! It's a hard one to place, and seranne's cupcake does look extra cute behind her ear. Are you thinking of expanding this idea of 'sweets and treats' theme? A half/full sleeve/piece including the cupcake could be really a very beautiful idea. Infact... *steals* :)

How about on your foot? And something else on your other foot to balance?

A half/full sleeve/piece including the cupcake could be really a very beautiful idea. Infact... *steals* :)

teehee! its not stealing if you're stealing from yourself! :p

Not neccessarily a sweets theme, just one birthday tatt a year, depending on my mood at the time i'll decide what to get.

I thought about my foot but meh...

Gah! I cant decide! :confused: If I haven't made my mind up by tomorrow i'll hold off, my bro said he'd take my slot and get some more work done on his sleeve if I can't pick something.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

+1 for the charm bracelet idea

All done :D bout an hour and a quarter, on hip/side of tummy. So yes, if I ever put on weight there will be a muffin top on my muffin top WAH HAHAHAHA!:pac:

Some nice smokey stars around it so it flows with the body and yummy melty icing and sprinkles on top, I loves it :o

• Advertisement

looks good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

wow. what a fantastic cupcake. i was gonna add some input on teh general ideas, but wow! gorgoeus!

who did it for ya?

Eoin in South Ink in Rathmines, I won't go to anyone else he's amazing :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Wow it looks great!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks pretty damn good Molberts, I likes! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

God damn it Molberts...I am trying very hard to resist getting ink at the mo, and everytime you get a new one, I want to do it even more!!! ;)
    Looks fab!

Thanks guys :P

Fiii aww... :o

Ok here come some famous last words from me:

I'm not getting any more ink for a while, three tatts in four months is plenty so time to take a break methinks. I'll get my koi filled in but thats it for the next while.

Lets see how long that lasts! :D Turns out after years of no tattoos as I was too chicken about the pain, I LOVE getting tattooed! Its like the equivilent of a massage or a nice facial or summat :eek: :cool:

Advertisement