Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More fun from FOX

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm not sure how you reconcile that with "fair and balanced".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

I always love these arguments about the "bias" of Fox News ... or Faux News as some liberals like to call it.

I never take the liberals seriously for one simple reason: Fox News has 12-14 on-air liberal personalities defending the liberal point of view while ABC, CBS, and NBC combined have 1 on-air personality who is conservative (George Will on ABC.)

And if you want a second good reason to laugh at the critics of Fox News remember this: Fox's on-air liberals are on practically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As far as I know, they are on every show except O'Reilly (and O'Reilly's right-of-center hour is offset by Greta Von Susteren's left-of-center hour). Meanwhile, ABC's George Will is limited to about 5 minutes of airtime Sunday mornings.

The fact of the matter is Fox News is far more "fair and balanced" than the rest of TV news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you reconcile that with "fair and balanced".
    That is the thing about fox news. They keep harping on about being "fair and unbiased"yet they are one of the most biased news channels out there.

• Advertisement

You're seriously claiming that the BBC is "one of the most biased news channels out there"?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    You're seriously claiming that the BBC is "one of the most biased news channels out there"?
    Yes, are you donegalfella?

Is there something positive to say about him?

• Advertisement

No. You claimed that the BBC is biased, and you're quoting a boards.ie poster as proof of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

How is that a definition of left or right wing bias? When was the last time the BBC said something positive about Bashar al-Assad, Shimon Peres or Hugo Chavez?

What is positive? "The president wore a nice tie"?

What should they be saying about him that is positive? I'd say even Fox news would have problems finding something positive to say about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

But there is NOTHING positive to say about W.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

does someone need a tinfoil hat? :confused:

Do you actually mean the BBC or someone working in the BBC?

Tell me "donegalfella"; where are you based?

a quick google brings up some story about the origin of the editor being a BBC ip. :(

• Advertisement

So what is there thats positive to say about George W Bush? His own country doesnt like him very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

I always love these arguments about the "bias" of Fox News ... or Faux News as some liberals like to call it.

I never take the liberals seriously for one simple reason: Fox News has 12-14 on-air liberal personalities defending the liberal point of view while ABC, CBS, and NBC combined have 1 on-air personality who is conservative (George Will on ABC.)

And if you want a second good reason to laugh at the critics of Fox News remember this: Fox's on-air liberals are on practically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As far as I know, they are on every show except O'Reilly (and O'Reilly's right-of-center hour is offset by Greta Von Susteren's left-of-center hour). Meanwhile, ABC's George Will is limited to about 5 minutes of airtime Sunday mornings.

The fact of the matter is Fox News is far more "fair and balanced" than the rest of TV news.

the liberals you refer to on fox news are known as fox news democrats , there window dressing and they are akin to the other guy who fights hulk hogan in wwf wrestling , you always know who wins , i could cite many examples ,take hannity and colmes , statistically hannity gets almost twice as much time to speak to a guest as colmes , on top of that hannity does a show called hannitys america , im still waiting for colmes america , come to mention it there isnt one show on fox which is presented by a so called liberal on there own , gretta van sustren is allegedly a democrat but her shows almost entirely revolve around human interest storys , those are just plainly obvious examples , if you watch fox news the democrats they have on like kirsten powers are weak , meek and always quick to surrender to the oppossing gop point of view , seriously ive no time for those who see the republican party as inherintly evil but anyone who believes fox news is no more biased than the bbc is either seriously in denial or an out and out liar

ps. as regards the charge that fox are openly conservative , they are anything but , there fair and balances slogan aside , any time say the likes of political comedian bill maher or john stewarts make a snide comment about fox being in the tank for the gop , the likes of bill o reilly or fox and friends will bring it up and accuse whoever said it of being tottally unjustified in there allegation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Lirange

I never take the liberals seriously for one simple reason: Fox News has 12-14 on-air liberal personalities defending the liberal point of view
    Names please

1. Colmes

But that isn't what you said. You said that it was the BBC who edited Wikipedia to change GWB's entry. Are you suggesting that someone; after their weekly staff meeting was given the job of doing this? Or did someone; one of the 20,000 (or so) staff on their own volition change the entry?

I ask where your from because you have turned a thread about Fox into a thread about the BBC. This is a common GOP trick.

Fox News is biased towards the Republican Party and yet has the nerve to claim to be "fair and balanced". Yet they employ tricks like donegalfella's above to frame "facts".

Lirange wrote: »
    Names please

1. Colmes
    2. Greta
    3. The gorgeous Tanya Acker
    4. Kirsten Powers
    5. Lanny Davis
    6. Bob Beckel
    7. Howard Wolfson
    8. Marc Lamont Hill
    lol, was just trying this myself fpr the h*ll of it.

mind you, I think it's a stretch to say any of the above are on practically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

also, I'm still at odds to see where Fox have ever proudly gloated or accepted the charge of having a conservative slant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

norbert64 wrote: »
    lol, was just trying this myself fpr the h*ll of it.

mind you, I think it's a stretch to say any of the above are on practically 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

also, I'm still at odds to see where Fox have ever proudly gloated or accepted the charge of having a conservative slant

because that would make them appear as having little credibility, to them and more importantly there viewers who can have there own conservative views validated on air while at the same time made credible via the slogan FAIR AND BALANCED

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

BBC did not edit it. Someone in the BBC with a BBC IP address (not everyone who would have that IP would be a BBC employee). Your reaching at this point.

Your still trying to attack BBC, when the actual point is that Fox news is not a news station and no amount of trying to attack the BBC is going to change that fact.

Also wiki edits are quite common from numerous addresses.knock yourself out.
    http://wikiscanner.virgil.gr/

• Advertisement

Advertisement