Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Body Mod magazines?

Options
  • 06-09-2008 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering, does anyone here know any good body mod magazines?

I pick up the odd Bizarre every now and again but I'd like something more focused and something I can leave on a coffee table without worrying about people reading some really horrible things (see bizarre).

Anyway I heard someone in Inkwell mention a magazine called "Skin Deep" any others? Also where would I buy these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Easons on O'Connell street is where ya can get it me thinks, huge selection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Will wrote: »
    Easons on O'Connell street is where ya can get it me thinks, huge selection

Ahh cool, thanks, and good ones in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Don't usually buy the magazines about tattoos man :-/ Have a wealth of free info here on the internet :D

I do however buy books on them, some real interesting ones. Was gonna buy the russian gang tattoo encylopedia explaining the meanings and history about them. Gave it a quick browse but alas when i went back in to buy it, it was sold out :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

Hey,

International Tattoo magazine is usually good, so is Savage Tattoo.

Off topic...A pic of my arm was apparently in last months International, which I missed. Any chance of someone being finished with their copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Oh tower stocks some good ones ya can have a flick thro before buying!! And I'm a devoted Bizarre reader!! Bitta ink, bitta gore and a bitta fetish! That's what I like in a mag!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭tayto909

european mags tattoo life and tattoo energy are both high quality publications - well photographed quality tattoos, interviews, convention coverage, history etc.. worth checking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Thanks so much guys, I'll go in next week so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Tower have the best selection of tattoo magazines. Skin Deep is pretty good but the editing is terrible and it focuses on the "in-crowd" on their forums a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Agreed, Truth.

I don't buy them on the regular. Plus they can cost the earth half the time. Ugh. Tower is deffo the place to go. No one hassles you. And you can have a good read before you decie to buy.

Advertisement