Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL/UPC broadband down...AGAIN

Options
  • 06-09-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭

This has been goin on all week. anyone else had any problems. Time for a screamin match down the phone me thinks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Time for a screamin match down the phone me thinks...

If anybody ever answers the fone there......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Time for a screamin match down the phone me thinks...

Yeah ...... good luck with that !!!

Shower of "F*&^"*S"

35 + minutes on hold last week for same reason !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Slowly slowly, catchy monkey. I'd wait all day for them to answer and complain about that as well. done it before(actually it was 27 mins). Best thing to do is ring one there tech numbers(lot faster), spoof an apology about the wrong number and they'll connect you pretty sharpish(done that a lot)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

nah my internet has been fine all week. no problems with me.

im in doughiska if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My connection went down for a few hours earlier in the week. They really are a bunch of bastards. Its impossible to get through to someone if you want help yet they can spare the resources to regularly send me letters and make unsolicited phonecalls trying to sell me their other sh*tty products.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Mines gone down 3 times in the last 3 weeks, lasting a few hours. The one that happened 2 weeks ago was apparently with all NTL customers nationwide, not just Galway.

Meh... I have difficulty complaining about them atm, even with the downtime. 10mb connection and no downloading cap

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

anyone got problems, slow speed in the east of the city today???
    so bloody sick to the teeth of this......:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭celticfan32

Im having the same problem. It seems to be very slow. Ive been on to speedtest and that doesnt even give a reading. Im on the 20 mb package. Been like this for the last few days..,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

I've havn't had any issues since I posted last. Rang them yesterday and they only acknolledged the problem that they had nationwide a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know what to say that. It was like she was callin me a liar, in the nicest possible way. Hate the sons of bit*hs. live on the east side as well, if thats any help minxie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

All fine here in East side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

So glad we got rid of NTL in the house a few months ago. The final straw came when after the tv and internet were constantly going down i rang them up. They said someone would be out to look at the connection on Wednesday (i rang Tuesday) but when i rang Wednesday evening they explained how they had meant Wednesday week so i had a bit of an argument on the phone with them.

I then waited for my housemates to come home and we had a (short) discussion and decided to get rid of them. I had great pleasure ringing them up and asked to cancel our subscription so they put me through to the relevant department but guess what... the department was busy so they took my number and said they'd get them to ring us back. They had asked the reason we were cancelling and i explained it all to them.

About half an hour later our tv and internet magically came back on and we received no call back from their termination dept. Needless to say we rang back in a few days and cancelled anyways.

Gangsters!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Down for me at the moment anyone else having trouble?

Nevermind... back online... just needed to reset the router :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Got a call from them to say sorry about the slow speeds last couple of days that this was due to new lines being installed on my street (Renmore).

I thought "aah, how sweet!" and then he proceeded to tell/sell me other products in the fabulous NTL range.

Might take them up on the phone offer though. Not due to tonights call however. Eircom bill came the other day. As dear as a knackers gravestone.

I don't see why anyone has a landline in this day and age tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Bonzodog

An engineer told me that the a lot of the outages are down to fibre upgrades between cabinets, and also the odd bit of building work going on where a cab has suddenly lost power. I would say bear with the outages, yes its annoying, but UPC now has the highest speeds available for a reasonable price in Galway.

As for the landline thing, I would seriously look into Talk Talk from the Carphone Warehouse. My bill is just 35 Euro a month, and I get free calls to England as i have relatives there who are on the UK Talk Talk.

Advertisement