Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Wii plug issues

Options
  • 06-09-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi folks

Bought a Wii in the states and I'm having some trouble with the plug. One of the prongs seems to be fatter than the other and wont fit into a regular adapter. Does anyone know if I bought a UK power adapter on ebay would it do the trick? If not are there adapters out there that fit these plugs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

It might be a saving grace it didn't fit! Correct me if i'm wrong but i dont think the US wii adapters can take 240v? (It would be written on the grey square part, some thing like "Input: 110 - 240V". If it says that your grand, if it only says 110v you could possible damage your wii if you try use it.

This should do the trick, nice and cheap too with free delivary, but you will be waiting 2 weeks for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mickb85

Thanks for that, on order. Also tried using an AC-AC stepdown converter but alas I think my previous efforts had cut short the life of the original power adapter! We live and learn.

Advertisement