Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best late night coffee shop

Options
  • 06-09-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

best late night coffee shop in Cork??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Is there one around? Besides Tribes I suppose...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Just tribes i'm afraid (it's on tuckey st by hillbillys). It's alright but a fair bit overpriced.

A number of pubs serve coffee into the evening, but not very late at night. The roundy does an nice cup of coffee, and if luigi malones are quite you can get a table out the front for coffee and a lump of dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Reidys Wine Vault Bar

But it'll probably instant coffee

Grand quiet place though!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

God this is really bad isn't it - that there's not more than a handful of coffee shops open late in the city.

I can never think of anywhere other than tribes if you just want to sit down somewhere comfy with a cup of tea and chat with friends.

I don't understand why there aren't more of these places in the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

leahyl wrote: »
    God this is really bad isn't it - that there's not more than a handful of coffee shops open late in the city.

I can never think of anywhere other than tribes if you just want to sit down somewhere comfy with a cup of tea and chat with friends.

I don't understand why there aren't more of these places in the city!

It's the same in Limerick. The fact that there actually is one in Cork is somewhat of a miracle to me.

Shame that the only social outlet in two of the biggest cities in Ireland is getting pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Is Le Cheile still open?

If it is, they do good coffee.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

It's kinda still open. Not a patch on what it was a few years ago though.

The old oak do an ok coffee, it's grand on a quiet weeknight, free refills too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Loads of wine bar / tapas bar places will do coffee late at night: Cafe de la Paix and Terroir on Washington St, La Boqueria on Bridge St. I'm sure Meade's on Oliver Plunkett St also would, and An Cruibin opposite City Hall, if it's still going. And surely several pubs would also oblige, e.g. Scott's, Clancy's and the aforementioned Le Cheile and Reidy's (probably Maxwell House instant though!). I've even seen the Mutton Lane serving coffee late at night, although admittedly never when it's jammed.

Then there are the hotels, Jury's, Imperial, Metropole etc...

I've always sensed a weird atmosphere in Tribes, I really don't like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Tribes went posh and lost its way to be honest!

It would be great if Idaho opened late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Doesn't the coffee shop in the Imperial hotel stay open in the evenings?

Maybe the coffee roasters on Bridge street do, I saw a sign saying they open at 9am on Sunday mornings. That wouldn't be regular hours either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 hollowfloors

Tree wrote: »
    The old oak do an ok coffee, it's grand on a quiet weeknight, free refills too :D

The Oak's coffee is instant! And you only get a free refill if you catch one of the bar staff in a good mood.

it was drip coffee the time i was in there. and yer wan said they always did free refills

scotts do a good cuppa and croissant in the morning and free refills there too

Advertisement