Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mazda 6

Options
  • 06-09-2008 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Ho guys, looking to pick up a 02 mazda 6, something around the 6,000 mark. Anybody any experience of them. What would you recommend, diesel or petrol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you'll have a job finding a decent diesel 02 within budget. think the diesel only came out in November/December?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I bought an 02 Mazda 6 about 5 months ago, 45k for 8000. Hasnt given me one problem so far. Engine runs nice and smooth with a decent amount of power in my 1.8l petrol. Top Gear have done a decent review of it and its on youtube. The only problem is the airbag warning light can be a bit tempermental but the engine is grand and there is a bit of noise when driving fast and my 02 dosnt come with a trip computer which sucks but it handles like a dream, especially at high speeds.

What prompted me to get it is that it is a good reliable stylish large car with a large engine for a decent price. ( i had a Fiat Bravo :D)

Hope that helps

G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Would seriously recommend you consider parts prices before purchase.

Of all the Japs, Mazda are eye watering when it comes to parts.

Buy a Toyota/Nissan would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Fishtits wrote: »
    Would seriously recommend you consider parts prices before purchase.

Of all the Japs, Mazda are eye watering when it comes to parts.

Buy a Toyota/Nissan would be my advice.

Is this still the case since Mazda took over distribution though?

The 6 is far ahead of it's rivals from Toyota or Nissan as a drivers car or in terms of looks. Leave the Avensis/Primera to the taxi-ranks.

I had a petrol for 3 years and it was pretty much faultless. Only problem was an underside panel that came off after hitting a large pool of water at speed:o. In retrospect the 1.8 is not the quietest - they introduced additional soundproofing in the 05 facelift but handling/ride are fantastic - Mondeo levels with a heap more style. Try and get the Sport version if you can. They are quite rare but have loads of goodies - sunroof, alloys, climate, remote stereo controls, cruise...

Get a good un and you won't have too much worry about parts prices anyway...

Advertisement