Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Connect possibly screwing me over?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭

On Thurday night after a few taster lectures during the day i decided on my Arts modules and electives.

I logged into UCD Connect and SIS thing, chose my stuff for my 60 credits. Grand. I chose Film Studies as my elective and even picked my lecture times.

I go back tonight to check my timetable and it says my registration is incomplete, i need to pick an elective? So i click Film Studies and it tells me the course is full?

What the hell happened? Anybody got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Check your UCD email. Today was when provisional electives were properly assigned, any that were oversubscribed were allocated by lottery. You were, most likely, in the oversubscribed bracket and didn't get what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yep, you were right :(

20 places and 113 people applied... Can i still register for other electives? How will i know if i am in them or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Yep, you were right :(

20 places and 113 people applied... Can i still register for other electives? How will i know if i am in them or not?
    Because all electives are first come, first served from now on. You can still register up to the 19th I believe, I wouldn't wait very long to pick, though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Registering for electives is so frustrating... You think you've got your timetable sorted only to log in again and find out that you don't get the course you wanted... I'd advise you to pick another course ASAP in order to get something half decent....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

convert wrote: »
    Registering for electives is so frustrating... You think you've got your timetable sorted only to log in again and find out that you don't get the course you wanted... I'd advise you to pick another course ASAP in order to get something half decent....

Yeah ive decided to take Philosophy. It said there was 26 spaces but i guess i will see tomorrow.

Its extra frustrating because registration is open for so long before the taster lectures that by the time you have experienced a course it is already full.

• Advertisement
Advertisement