Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus A330-200 Seat 11A

Options
  • 07-09-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi, I wonder if someone in the know might be able to advise me on this.
    Back in January, my friend and I booked flights to Chicago. We booked seats 11 A and C which were in the 9, 10, 11 zone behind Premier.
    The other day I happened to look at the seat map again and it seems to be configured for a 200 now and row 11 is now by the exit door. I looked up this seat on seat guru and it's a yellow 'Be Aware' saying that there is restricted shoulder and leg space due to the door. Also that the armrests are immoveable (Last year on New York flights we had the arm rest up during the flight and it was a lot more comfortable that way)
    What do people think about 11A? Are you really impeded by the door, I don't fancy having something sticking into my shoulder/leg for 8 hours (even if there is extra leg room) There's little enough space as it is! Do you think I should try and change it? There are still plenty of seats left on the flight @ the moment.
    Any advice appreciated, thanks :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

you should be fine if you look at any of the 737s on that site it tells you that the door impedes your space

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Deleted at Tengers request by Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Thanks for the replies! It sounds fine, I think I'll stick with it and enjoy the extra leg room. One of my friends will be beside me in 11C so no worries there. The third one of us in in 13C [with no one next to her, yet] so no doubt there will probably be a bit of swapping around done during the flight anyway!!!
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 wallyina

great stuff

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 371 ✭✭Traffic

I have sat in 11h on the aisle, you have extra leg room but it can be quiet nosiy with the galley right beside you/people walking around and sometimes there can be a baby in the "cot" at 11e/f

• Advertisement

Oh no, eeeek, I completely forgot that there is a baby cot nearby:eek: I guess I'll just have to get myself those super duper block-out-all-other-noise ear phones and hope for the best!!

I did consider the proximity to the galley (it was mentioned in seat guru too) but as it's a day flight, I thought it would probably be ok.

thanks all for the advice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

The door slide caseing does impede the window seat to a small extent, but if as you say yo are travelling with somebody ,stretching the legs sideways shouldent be a problem.Even with the slide casing,its still a makes for a much more comfortable flight.
    If you do want to change seats,a call to EI reservations can do this. I've done this before and found the reservation staff very helpful on the phone and also without any holding on the line,although it did take about 2minutes of menu options before I talked to anybody :P

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Even with the slide casing, its still a makes for a much more comfortable flight.

Well that definitely decides it then, thanks a mil!

Advertisement