Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIT Forum - explanation why we can't have one?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What the hell is wrong with having a CIT forum. It clearly is in need. Multiple threads are created suggesting one, multiple +1's but no sign of anything happening.

They say that there isn't enough interest - I'm wondering where this comes from. I'm sure once its opened there will be plenty activity there -

CIT has a large number of students now and surely there are a good few on this and even if there isn't I'm sure a lot will join just to talk to other CITers here since we don't have anything else and don't go saying with have the CITSU site because that forum is as dead as fk i don't know. Even if people posted it would be moderated too much. Couldn't say a thing there.

So Admins, any reason why we can't have one? - Surely it won't upset anyone just to have another college in there.

Thanks for reading.

By the way I'm posting in here as there is no point putting another one in the Forums forum. Mods if you think another forum will get more attention move it there.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

This really didn't deserve a feedback topic. No offence.

Sometimes it takes a bit of time for a forum to get approved and made, because the admins have lives too so a bit of patience next time instead of immediately jumping to feedback complaining your being ignored. :D

This could have all be solved in a simple PM.

Edit: Also I see about 10 +1 or support over the course of 6 months, i've seen forums with more support not get one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You forgot to add the "There's a mustard/hasslehoff/chuck norris forum FFS!!!!!!!" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

i need that mustard forum to tell me how to live thank you very much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Ah quit yer complainin'! There have 666 +1's for the Microwave & Time Machine Forum and we don't have it yet :(

Also, since I go to UCC, I am obligated to remind you that CIT suck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Webmonkey wrote: »
    don't go saying with have the CITSU site because that forum is as dead as fk i don't know.

If the CITSU forum is dead as f*ck, what makes you think that a boards.ie CIT forum will fare any better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You forgot to add the "There's a mustard/hasslehoff/chuck norris forum FFS!!!!!!!" bit.

Maybe he read the rules :)

Just looking it up, was suprised to see CIT has 17,000 students didnt realise it was so big

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

R0pt wrote:
    Sometimes it takes a bit of time for a forum to get approved and made, because the admins have lives too so a bit of patience next time instead of immediately jumping to feedback complaining your being ignored.
    It has being going on quite a while now:
    dit: ...the course of 6 months, i've seen forums with more support not get one.
    If the CITSU forum is dead as f*ck, what makes you think that a boards.ie CIT forum will fare any better?

Once upon a time it was active but soon as it did get active it was shut down by the Student President. I can't imagine working with that small box sized forum either as they've integrated it into the design. If anyone said anything bad in there about CIT, or maybe that the student union arn't the best etc etc, I'm sure it will be locked.

And as for not getting much +1s, I dont see many people going into the Forums forum to even see the thread.

I can see a lot of newbies starting too - take the UL forum for example, a lot in there are only starting to post this year since they in first year. Look at the post counts of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Being aggressive about it doesn't help.
    Patience does.
    True I suppose - I'm going to leave it at that anyways :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

And as for not getting much +1s, I dont see many people going into the Forums forum to even see the thread.

Then stick a link in your sig. Also put up a thread in the relevant regional forum.

• Advertisement

Then stick a link in your sig. Also put up a thread in the relevant regional forum.
    Good idea. Done :D

True I suppose - I'm going to leave it at that anyways :)

Maybe this is why there's no CIT forum, the proponents give up at the first sign of a bit of effort being required...

Maybe this is why there's no CIT forum, the proponents give up at the first sign of a bit of effort being required...
    I'm leaving it at that in here as clearly I should be else where. I was also referring more to being aggressive about things. Should I continue?

Anyways, I've created a link in my sig to the thread in the forums section anyways so see what happens from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

CIT? As if the university needed one in the first place!

University application for CIT? You gotta be joking!

:p

Sully wrote: »
    CIT? As if the university needed one in the first place!

University application for CIT? You gotta be joking!

:p
    What has that got to do with anything discussed here?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sensitive topic?! Its adding a bit of humour to such a serious thread.

Sensitive topic?! Its adding a bit of humour to such a serious thread.
    Alright then...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

In fairness, given that he mods WIT, you've got to believe he's being tongue-in-cheek on THAT particular topic! ¬_¬

Yeah true :p

In fairness, given that he mods WIT, you've got to believe he's being tongue-in-cheek on THAT particular topic! ¬_¬

:D

• Advertisement

:D
    They still applying for it as far as I know and apparently the minister for education is a former lecturer at CIT :eek: - I hope it doesn't become a university :( - I like ITs.

They still applying for it as far as I know and apparently the minister for education is a former lecturer at CIT :eek: - I hope it doesn't become a university :( - I like ITs.

We are going off topic, but I would laugh if CIT got it and WIT didn't :p But, if that happened there would be outrage so I doubt it. Prob just refuse both applications.

Anywhome... carry on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

@feedback bandwagon posse: Give the lad a break.

Webmonkey, an admin will see this soon enough and probably create it.
    Like you said, with 17k students its 3 or 4 times bigger than some of the other colleges with forums on here.

I'm leaving it at that in here as clearly I should be else where. I was also referring more to being aggressive about things. Should I continue?

Ah fair enough, that wasn't immediately clear from your post. The softly, softly approach might appear to take a bit longer but will probably result in more positive responses than aggressive badgering. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean you'll end up with a forum unless a sufficient number of CITers get behind it. Why not advertise within the IT and see if students are interested in a dedicated forum outside of that supplied by the SU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

..........in my day we had 2 forums!! All you young people don't know how lucky you are!!!:mad:

Advertisement