Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the story with Windows Updates??

• 07-09-2008 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

tryin to install updates to windows!!
    hers a litle challenge to someone!!
    i try to install :
    Security Update for Microsoft Office XP (KB947866)
    error occurs : 0x57A
    any solutions??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You will most likely get better responses in the Windows forum or Computers and Technology seeing as this isn't an Open Source issue.

Might be something in the MS knowledge base. Worth a look.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How did that get on open source ?
    microsoft don't even allow other sites to hold copies of patches !

try officeupdate.microsoft.com too , there should be another button for other updates

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9cf8aafa-71a5-4017-b53c-4e80ef6e1188&displaylang=en
    * To install the update, you must have the following:

o Office XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)

o Microsoft Windows Installer version 2.0 or later. Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Windows XP include this version of the Windows Installer. Otherwise, the latest version of Windows Installer is available as a separate download at the following locations:

+ Windows Installer for Windows 95, 98, and ME
    + Windows Installer for Windows NT 4.0 and 2000

Or you could use the opensource solution and get www.openoffice.org in many languages with dictionary and all free and regular updates and fewer security holes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭HPMan

Sorry to hijack this topic but anyone know why I'm not getting Vista SP1 being offered for download?

Just downloaded about 11 updates this morning and SP1 not one of them.

Regards,

HPMan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

usually because one or more driver isn't certified , possibly the sound card check on the manufacturers site for latest drivers - post the spec on a new thread if you have problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

HPMan wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack this topic but anyone know why I'm not getting Vista SP1 being offered for download?

Just downloaded about 11 updates this morning and SP1 not one of them.

Regards,

HPMan

Just download it from the MS download centre.

http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B0C7136D-5EBB-413B-89C9-CB3D06D12674&displaylang=en

Hi, SP1 was offered to me the other day. The 24 or more optional language downloads which appeared in the list from day 1 of vista install have gone!!!

I now have the job of burning 100Gb of data onto dvds - the joys of a large hard drive!!!!

Offered SP1 download, for info, is about 66Mb.

Hi all, SP1 finally been offered to me for download; downloaded OK if abit slow and gets to 100% of Stage 3 of 3 but then carries on as if theres more work to be done and then says Failed to install and is reverting changes - anyone know what i can do to make it work? Would like what SP1 is offering.

Regards,

HPMan

without an error message it's difficult to say

so generic stuff like turning off the antivirus / anti malware software during the install

Advertisement