Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error

• 07-09-2008 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I have a dell optiplex 745 system. I upgraded the RAM to 4 gb and this IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error with 0x80522CFD started.

Google didn't help me much on this. Does anybody have an idea what might fix this? The OS is XP Pro SP2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭karasu

Hi. Below you've got few tips. I assume that u're just added new modules and are keeping old ones? it clearly looks like issue with new memory.

* Open chasis and remove new rams, try them in different slots, check combo old-old new-new and old-new or new-old. Check if it's booting just on new chips and just on old ones.

* Don't hesitate to play with bios settings as well, don't let them be automatically configured, just set timings and latencies at the same level for every chip leveling them to old ones (if they're slower). If it won't work, you can try raising voltage by 0.1, i've heard it worked.

* If u see windows boot-logo, press F8 few times before it appears. Choose "Last known working configuration" and see if problem appears again.

* If u still see this message, and accidentally have XP install cd, boot you PC from it, and when prompted choose "repair existing windows installation" option ;) if you go for recovery console then, you'll have an option to restore system from one of your restore points

* you can switch on bootlogging http://www.watchingthenet.com/how-to-enable-boot-logging-for-fixing-startup-problems-in-windows.html and work down your way by switching off in startup files drivers one-by-one, to determine, which one is the couse ;)

hope at least one of them will work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭TheGreatest

Thanks for the answer karasu.

Just to be precise, I had 2 x 512 PC2-5300 DDR2-667 240 pins RAM, I took them out and got 4 x 1GB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 667MHz 240 pins RAM. I can start the windows but after about 10 min the blue screen comes up:mad:

The bios screen is dell's new model bios screen and I have no idea how to change the voltage settings.

NewDell%20CMOS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

After a quick google I found your post elsewhere :P

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/irql-not-less-or-equal/171467.html

Then I found this which may help you :
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/reskit/w2000Msgs/6077.mspx?mfr=true

Then again it could just be faulty ram. Try the new ram on it's own rather then the whole 4GB to see if it's the problem.

P.S don't muck with the voltage of your ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

First thing i'd do is stick the one piece of the old ram back in to ensure that your motherboard wasn't damaged in some way when you chucked in the ram.

If it works fine then i'd stick one stick of new ram into the motherboard in the same slot you just used with your old ram. If you blue screen you know the new ram is dodgy or incompatible. If it works try it with each stick of the new ram. If they all work you know your new ram is fine and that one of the three other ports is what's to blame. Just check each one till you find out which it is. Slow process i'm afraid.

If when you stick in your old ram it still blue screens then try a stick in each slot until it works. If none works then chances are your mobo is fooked.

Hope it works out for ya.

Advertisement