Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think Im in serious trouble, Please help.

Options
  • 07-09-2008 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi,

I just finished stage 2 of BAArts, I failed 4 subjects in my second semester last year. I only have 40 credits of stage 2.

My GPA for my first semester was 2.4,
    For my second semester it is showing up as 1.7.

1. What will my gpa for my second semester be if I pass all 4 repeats/resits.

2. Is it possible to graduate in May 09 still?

3. Is it possible to get a second class honours degree still?(gpa of 2.4 or higher. given the degree id 50/50 on stages 2/3.)

4. Could I repeat stage 2 from scratch if I wished?

I know i'm in bits. I am a mess of a person right now. need advice. I need atleast a second grade second class honour degree to do what I intend doing after this. What is the best way in going about this?

Please help

Spence

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

First of all you sound a bit stessed and panicky,don't be, lot's of people are in your position.
    The arts office will answer all your questions in more detail and some boardsie too no doubt :P. but here is some quick pointers to what i beleive are the answers to your questions.

All repeats are capped at 2.0 gpa. However if you change to a different module ( cant change if you failed a core module) your gpa will not be capped.

However that is immaterial since you didn't get at least 50 credits, which leaves me to believe that you will enter the dark realms of stage X. In other words you will have to basically skip a semester of your degree to repeat the 4 modules, im not sure if that means you go into stage x in semester 1 or semester 2 to repeat.

It is mathematically possible to get a second class honours in your case if you pick it up for your final year, but there may be some ruling that prohibits you from recieveing a second class grade, that was probably what you were asking :rolleyes: so i dont know that.

I suppose you could repeat stage 2 again to boost your gpa but that would defeat the purpose of stage x now wouldnt it :D

Again drop by the arts office, send an email....or whatever, they will answer those quesions there and then.

See ya.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭clickerfingers

First of all you sound a bit stessed and panicky,don't be, lot's of people are in your position.
    The arts office will answer all your questions in more detail and some boardsie too no doubt :P. but here is some quick pointers to what i beleive are the answers to your questions.

All repeats are capped at 2.0 gpa. However if you change to a different module ( cant change if you failed a core module) your gpa will not be capped.

However that is immaterial since you didn't get at least 50 credits, which leaves me to believe that you will enter the dark realms of stage X. In other words you will have to basically skip a semester of your degree to repeat the 4 modules, im not sure if that means you go into stage x in semester 1 or semester 2 to repeat.

It is mathematically possible to get a second class honours in your case if you pick it up for your final year, but there may be some ruling that prohibits you from recieveing a second class grade, that was probably what you were asking :rolleyes: so i dont know that.

I suppose you could repeat stage 2 again to boost your gpa but that would defeat the purpose of stage x now wouldnt it :D

Again drop by the arts office, send an email....or whatever, they will answer those quesions there and then.

See ya.....

wow wait a minute, if you fail a module that isnt a core module, instead of repeating it you can take a different module, and it WONT be capped????

am i understanding you right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 markj1

Yeah, that's right, but don't forget you'll have to pay for it at face value - not the 220 for a repeat/resit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I think its an extra €500 to do another module

Advertisement