Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Winner Ever

Options
  • 07-09-2008 5:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

whos your favorite, if anyone votes for Rachel ( i know its a lie)

Fav Winner ever 73 votes

craig
    0% 0 votes
    brian
    4% 3 votes
    kate
    46% 34 votes
    cameron
    16% 12 votes
    nadia
    4% 3 votes
    anthony
    4% 3 votes
    pete
    4% 3 votes
    brian
    8% 6 votes
    rachel
    4% 3 votes
    who cares you decide
    8% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

A close one between Brian and Pete, but i went for Pete. Get good laughs out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Pete definetaly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I liked Kate. That was just a great Big Brother from start to finish. I'd tune in to the LF before bedtime and see drunken rows, arguments etc. This year I'd look at the LF and see all the housemates in bed. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I choose Craig i thought he was class but was close between a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

was brian for me....
    then he became obnoxious....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Rachel for me. I liked her since the beginning right the way through. I'm not sure if that's happened before.

Legendary HM. I'll miss her kind nature and her refreshing humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Brian Dowling for me....he was brillant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Kate was the best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Rachel for me. I liked her since the beginning right the way through. I'm not sure if that's happened before.

Legendary HM. I'll miss her kind nature and her refreshing humility.

Wow what a surprise :rolleyes: i didnt see that coming!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

how someone could honestly say that Rachel was a better housemate then Brian Dowling is well and truly beyond me.
    she was driftwood that got lucky, he was genuinely funny, a laugh and deserved it. he didnt have to cling on like a lamprey to the comic relief to get him through. he actually had balls and character too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Jazzy wrote: »
    how someone could honestly say that Rachel was a better housemate then Brian Dowling is well and truly beyond me.
    she was driftwood that got lucky, he was genuinely funny, a laugh and deserved it. he didnt have to cling on like a lamprey to the comic relief to get him through. he actually had balls and character too.

theres people out there, who are to stubborn sometimes to admit they might be wrong about something.

its a joke how anyone can say shes someones fav housemate ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i voted for the wrong brian :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I wasn't Rachels biggest fan this series, but looking at the list of winners I put her ahead of BrianBelo, OneTrickPete, Cameron, Nadia and Anthony (the last 3 of which I actively disliked, wanted to shoot in Nadia's case).

I really should let this forum go at this stage, accept it AJs, BB9 is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

I would say Craig - best series was the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Adam08

Probably Brian, Rachel has go to be the worst ever.

LOL yeah she was so lucky she got 51.3% of the votes. What a fluke. :rolleyes:

Brian was a funny guy but people glorify him. Probably because he's Irish. He played up his camp aspect and let's be honest it's a bit one-dimensional. "Oh my God!" etc.

Rachel was a genuine, sweet, endearing individual who actually went on a remarkable journey in there and won it in the most dramatic of circumstances. I think that qualifies her as the best winner ever. (Someone else voted for her so I'm not alone :pac:)
    theres people out there, who are to stubborn sometimes to admit they might be wrong about something.

its a joke how anyone can say shes someones fav housemate ever.

Uh no, right or wrong doesn't come into it. It's a matter of opinion. Anyone who says a person's personal opinion is wrong needs to take their head out of their backside and get off their high horse.

ArmaniJeanSS already made this point but looking at the list of winners I think there have been some really annoying and undeserving winners over the years. I would also put Rachel above the likes of Brian Belo, Pete the sympathy vote, Anthony the default winner, Nadia the other sympathy vote, Cameron who was atrocious in my view, and Craig the first winner who bored me. I'd personally place her above Kate who I can't actually remember having any noteworthy moments (I thought Alex deserved it that year). So really it comes down to her or Brian Dowling and as I say I think Brian was always going to win it with his campy antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

think brian got the most work out of it, althought theres a few on radio too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

l am going with a should have won:p
    The Tickle.:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

l am going with a should have won:p
    The Tickle.:p:D

He got screwed over by the double eviction between himself, Fedirico and Cameron. Fed got 75%+ of the first vote iirc, and the lines were only open for another 20 minutes to decide between Cameron and Tickle. I don't think JT would have lost in a proper h2h eviction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Brian Dowling was definitely the best winner. 100% agree on Tickle though, what a hero :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Brian was a funny guy but people glorify him. Probably because he's Irish. He played up his camp aspect and let's be honest it's a bit one-dimensional. "Oh my God!" etc.

Rachel was a genuine, sweet, endearing individual who actually went on a remarkable journey in there and won it in the most dramatic of circumstances. I think that qualifies her as the best winner ever. (Someone else voted for her so I'm not alone :pac:)

Uh no, right or wrong doesn't come into it. It's a matter of opinion. Anyone who says a person's personal opinion is wrong needs to take their head out of their backside and get off their high horse.

ArmaniJeanSS already made this point but looking at the list of winners I think there have been some really annoying and undeserving winners over the years. I would also put Rachel above the likes of Brian Belo, Pete the sympathy vote, Anthony the default winner, Nadia the other sympathy vote, Cameron who was atrocious in my view, and Craig the first winner who bored me. I'd personally place her above Kate who I can't actually remember having any noteworthy moments (I thought Alex deserved it that year). So really it comes down to her or Brian Dowling and as I say I think Brian was always going to win it with his campy antics.

IF YOUR TELLING ME THAT RACHEL WAS A BETTER HOUSEMATE THEN BRIAN DOWLING OR KATE LAWLOR OR CRAIG............. THEN you NEED your HEAD TAKEN OUT OF YOUR ARSE .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Pete was the best. Easily.

Would love to see him playing the pots and pans in the garden again, what a legend like.

IF YOUR TELLING ME THAT RACHEL WAS A BETTER HOUSEMATE THEN BRIAN DOWLING OR KATE LAWLOR OR CRAIG............. THEN you NEED your HEAD TAKEN OUT OF YOUR ARSE .

I'd reply this stupid load of gibberish but I'd be really giving you too much credit wouldn't I? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Wasn't that a reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Who voted Cameron? Come on, own up! Worst winner ever! Either of the 2 Brians ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I wasn't Rachels biggest fan this series, but looking at the list of winners I put her ahead of BrianBelo, OneTrickPete, Cameron, Nadia and Anthony (the last 3 of which I actively disliked, wanted to shoot in Nadia's case).

I really should let this forum go at this stage, accept it AJs, BB9 is over
    I feel the same. Can't believe anyone putting Rachel before irish Brian who lit up the room or Kate who was such a natural and a very funny girl or even Craig-he was such a down to earth nice chap, funny and he had balls-remember the Nick incident? Also remember he gave all the money to his friend who needed a heart op?
    I disliked Brian belo 'cos he pretended to be dopey. Cameron 'cos he was boring. Nadia 'cos she was always crying out of her for cigarettes or something or other and as for Anthony-boy did he play to win. Any mention of who looked like they'd a good chance and Anthony was all ears. Really worried about how he was coming across and how did he put up with weirdo Craig?!! F*ck!! Also he was well p*ssed off when Eugene took the 50k that time AND he turned my stomach dancing on his eviction night. Mmmm Rachel definitely wasn't the worst winner imo but certainly not the best. Mng is emotionally involved he can't help himself.:)

"remarkable journey" ? ?? ? really? are u deluded?
    she stuck on to kat the whole way through and didnt do anything that i can remember at all. shes driftwood mate. id class her as the same type of winner as nadia or cameron - defaulted cos everyone else had their problems / was sh1t.

the most memorable thing i remember about her is when she was sitting on the fence when the divide was up and all the lads where shootin the sh1t and big brother announced "no1 can sit on the fence" and they all turned and laughed. thats pretty much it from her.
    i didnt hate her at all, she was grand.. nice girl. but thats it. she was a grey flavoured lollipop from the planet neutral.

craig was better. brian from last year was better. kate was better. they had character and were so much more deeper and involving then the grey lady.

"remarkable journey" still has me laughing tho. think i might make a picture

"remarkable journey" ? ?? ? really? are u deluded?
    she stuck on to kat the whole way through and didnt do anything that i can remember at all. shes driftwood mate. id class her as the same type of winner as nadia or cameron - defaulted cos everyone else had their problems / was sh1t.

Yawn. Heard this all before. 'She stuck to Kat', 'she stuck to Mikey', hell even Lisa accused her of sticking to Mario! Or maybe she's just a nice, warm girl who tried to do her best for everyone?
    Jazzy wrote:
    the most memorable thing i remember about her is when she was sitting on the fence when the divide was up and all the lads where shootin the sh1t and big brother announced "no1 can sit on the fence" and they all turned and laughed. thats pretty much it from her.
    i didnt hate her at all, she was grand.. nice girl. but thats it. she was a grey flavoured lollipop from the planet neutral.

Neutral huh? Like the time she stood up to Alex? Or the time she stood up to the whisper club? Or the time she stood up to Rex and others who called her fake? This is a MYTH that doesn't stack up to the facts. You sure you were watching?
    Jazzy wrote:
    craig was better. brian from last year was better. kate was better. they had character and were so much more deeper and involving then the grey lady.

"remarkable journey" still has me laughing tho. think i might make a picture

Make a picture of a guy pointing and laughing at you. Craig? What did he do of note? Name some of Kate's fine moments that didon't involve her falling over whilst trying on jeans.

Honestly some people get so nostalgic and hype up these past HMs. Rachel conversely has been underestimated. A terrific housemate who fully deserved her victory.

Just because you're not albino, blind, an arrogant git, a spoilt brat, a ditzy Aussie, a female bodybuilder etc. doesn't mean you're boring. She is a normal girl who defeated the larger than life characters that were put in with her. It's reality TV. Normal people winning is kind of the whole point.

Me thinks you're the one deluded.

i just want to hear more of her "remarkable journey". such a lol

do u not think there is a reason 46% of ppl on here think that brian was better?
    when there is interviews with old HM's they always say how brian was the best one.

Rachel will be forgotten about as quick as Cameron. the only thing that will keep her in the public eye is the whole "did she deserve to win it" lark.

remarkable journey. cant get over it

• Advertisement
Advertisement