Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American sweets you can't get in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I think the small Peanut Butter Cups are the nicest. Then again I am addicted to chocolate so to me these are far better as they have more chocolate :D

Back to the subject of what to bring: heaps and heaps of flavours of Ben and Jerry's that we don't have over here... ;)

especially the chocolate varieties :(

EDIT: Oh! and Lucky Charms of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

original lays - everyone says they're the same as walkers but they're not! american choccie is manky - especially charleston chew, ickickickickicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

janeybabe wrote: »
    Here's the plan: You go to the Halloween beers with a suitcase full of chocolate.

But secretly I will meet you beforehand to get my pick of the sweets
    It's a deal!

Also, we have M&M ice cream here and it's gross.
    Yes, because it has M&Ms! Worst candy on the market imo.
    errr! whats fluff?
    Delicious marshmallow spread. Combine it with peanut butter for a fluffer nutter sandwich, best meal you'll ever have!
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    I'll go you one better and piss on the American flag before I try it.
    I'm calling the government and discussing the terrorist threat made by one Earthhorse against my lovely country. You'll have visitors shortly.

That's it. You just ruled yourself out of getting any of my lucky charms.
    I have my own, and they're scrumptious! And I can buy as many as I want! Ha!
    Nothing with nuts, please, I'm allergic.

Aw, don't worry. I'll bring you some Snickers.:D
    I think the small Peanut Butter Cups are the nicest. Then again I am addicted to chocolate so to me these are far better as they have more chocolate :D

Back to the subject of what to bring: heaps and heaps of flavours of Ben and Jerry's that we don't have over here... ;)

especially the chocolate varieties :(

Yummy Ben and Jerry's. It's my go-to food for depression!
    original lays - everyone says they're the same as walkers but they're not! american choccie is manky - especially charleston chew, ickickickickicky

Charleston Chew is the worst! Who fed you that???

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I was in NY in April for the first time and I asked for twinkies in a shop - the attendant didn't know what they were! So then I assumed they were a West Coast thing - and I left the US without trying a twinkie. :(

What to you do with the 'Fluff' thing? Use it in recipies or just eat it from the tub?

faigs wrote: »
    I was in NY in April for the first time and I asked for twinkies in a shop - the attendant didn't know what they were! So then I assumed they were a West Coast thing - and I left the US without trying a twinkie. :(

What to you do with the 'Fluff' thing? Use it in recipies or just eat it from the tub?
    :eek::eek::eek: That's horrible! No, they're an America thing, everyone should know them. How strange. Must have been some pinko foreigner you asked.:pac:

You put the fluff on bread. It's best with peanut butter.

fluffernuttersmall-main_Full.jpg

Oh jesus, so delicious. One of my friends said that in her hometown there's a restaurant that serves burgers with hot sauce and fluff. Sounded nasty to me, but she said it's scrumptious!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

choc_skittles_stealing_is_bad_1.jpg

2148.jpg

pez-refill1.jpg

yummy!!!:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i'm getting so hungry reading this thread and i've never tried any of the stuf...

i hereby declare a boards trip to the states to stock up on food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Pez candy! That's my absolute favourite!

PEZ!??!?!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: They're worse than M&Ms!!!!

PillyPen wrote: »

Lies. You tell them.

• Advertisement

no they are lovely !:pac:! just out of curiosity what flavoured M&Ms do you hate the most ???

Lies. You tell them.
    XxlauraxX wrote: »
    no they are lovely !:pac:! just out of curiosity what flavoured M&Ms do you hate the most ???

Lol, you're both seriously delusional, but we'll chalk it up to you being Irish! :D

I hate original the most. The peanut butter ones are delicious, but these pwn them tbh:

reeses%20pieces%2044%20oz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

You can get Pez here!

And yes, they are horrible!

omg ok !!! ill pm you my address and you send me a few bags lol:D

omg ok !!! ill pm you my address and you send me a few bags lol:D

Lol, have you had them? I will mail you some, they're pretty light so I doubt it'd be expensive.

Lol, have you had them? I will mail you some, they're pretty light so I doubt it'd be expensive.

no but there is a first time for every thing !!lol:D:D:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'm calling the government and discussing the terrorist threat made by one Earthhorse against my lovely country. You'll have visitors shortly.

Ooh, visitors, I love visitors. Must break out the good china.
    Aw, don't worry. I'll bring you some Snickers.:D

You mean Marathon?
    You put the fluff on bread. It's best with peanut butter.

I dunno. That stuff kinda looks like candy floss. I don't trust it. My mom used to make peanut butter and jam sandwiches for me for school. All the other children gave me funny looks.
    2148.jpg

pez-refill1.jpg

You can get Nerds and Pez over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 amigos

Hey, I'm coming to Ireland soon and want to bring some candies sweets for a few friend, but I want it to be a surprise or else they'd tell me not to bother out of politeness. What can't you get in Ireland that I can bring from here?

Your lucky friends! The jelly bean factory sweets aren't that common here yet. Also the cups hershey's I think with peanut butter inside are gorgeous and not that easily available here yum yum:pac:

Earthhorse wrote: »

You can get Nerds and Pez over here.

i have seen pez but never nerds where do you get them?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

A shop across the field from where I grew up!

Used to have Nerds, Dweebs and two other varieties I can't remember. Maybe they were a different brand though because as far as I remember they were made in Coolock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I want!!!

We used to have Nerds and Dweebs here, but like Jolly Ranchers I haven't seen them in years. i've definitely seen Pez around though, I think Lidl sell them.

Fluff is like the gorgeous filling you get in snowballs and those cones that used to be around...drool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

You can get Fluff in Donnybrook Fair.

deffo bring oreos !!:pac::D

Dammit I forgot about this thread.

Now I'm going to have to go read my Babysitter Club books to see what other sweets you should bring. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

I like them Little Debbie brownies!

I tried Hershey's before and was sure it was gone off. It was like vomit. But they've started selling it over here now, and I tried to Cookies 'n' Chocolate one which was gorgeous, and my friend picked me up a regular Hershey's today by accident and strangely, it was DIVINE!

deffo bring oreos !!:pac::D
    They're not available in Ireland?? :(
    Dammit I forgot about this thread.

Now I'm going to have to go read my Babysitter Club books to see what other sweets you should bring. *sigh*
    Aww, I read those books when I was younger, what a nice memory.
    Cathal01 wrote: »
    I like them Little Debbie brownies!

I tried Hershey's before and was sure it was gone off. It was like vomit. But they've started selling it over here now, and I tried to Cookies 'n' Chocolate one which was gorgeous, and my friend picked me up a regular Hershey's today by accident and strangely, it was DIVINE!
    I don't think we have Cookies 'n' Choco here, but we do have Cookies 'n' Creme. Maybe I'll bring some of that, it's pretty delish.

They're not available in Ireland?? :(

They are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I never understood why M&Ms are so popular. Smarties are better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Esp orange smarties

Oh and Minstrels too.

• Advertisement

WindSock wrote: »
    I never understood why M&Ms are so popular. Smarties are better.
    smarties taste like ***t IMO the hard shell around them is disgusting bleuugh:eek::eek:

Advertisement