Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American sweets you can't get in Ireland?

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 a.corr

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Ive been following this thread for a while as I was coincidentially pondering setting up a retail outlet selling import candy here. Before launching into that I brought in a pallet sized amount of American candy to gage interest and get a feel for it. I have pretty much everything mentioned above, so if anyone is interested in buying US stuff "locally", drop me a PM. Generally would prefer lots of 6x per bar (I have case loads of each, not like 1 or 2 bars or anything). You can see photos of it all here.

Hopefully this isnt considered spam, as Im not (yet!) a business enterprise.

As a related FYI, An Post shipping charges are killing me from an eBay selling perspective! 6 pack of Root Beer is 2.2kg (therefore a "parcel"), which is min EUR28 to UK! Ideally It makes more sense to sell the heavy things locally.
    Hey, I do I go about buying some stuff off you? or do you have a shop set up with all these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

a.corr wrote: »
    Hey, I do I go about buying some stuff off you? or do you have a shop set up with all these things?

No shop yet, if you send me a Private Message ("PM") with what you want we can sort out either postage or collection. You can find the PM link by clicking on my name (to the left).

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

WindSock wrote: »
    I and a few others from this site can confirm that this can be gotten in Fallon & Byrne. Goes well with Gubeen :pac:

Went in yesterday to buy my industrial size tub of fluff but couldnt find it.

I refused to go up to the staff and ask do they sell fluff:P

Do they still have it? Where do they usually keep it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

mick_irl wrote: »
    Irish Obsession?

I was in Vegas last year and there is a 3 story M&Ms store there. The place was jointed!

Was in the one in Vegas and the one in New York!!

Black M&Ms
    Pink M&Ms
    Gold and silver M&Ms

And now I drink my tea from a green M&Ms mug!!! Fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

No shop yet, if you send me a Private Message ("PM") with what you want we can sort out either postage or collection. You can find the PM link by clicking on my name (to the left).

thanks,

have you some magical power that means you can import candy from the past. Im dying for a giggle bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

peanuthead wrote: »
    have you some magical power that means you can import candy from the past. Im dying for a giggle bar

Afraid not, just the more popular current brands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'd pay you good money for milky way miniature (drools) but I'm in New Zealand so I don't think that's a go-er!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm milky way miniatures. Like mars bars but tastier.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sour Bleeps!
    Yummy! Dextrose slowly melting in your mouth and the sour, sour taste......

On a related note- those "Tangy Tarts" that you get in the machines.......

Yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭XxlauraxX

So did your friends like the sweets ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ive been following this thread for a while as I was coincidentially pondering setting up a retail outlet selling import candy here. Before launching into that I brought in a pallet sized amount of American candy to gage interest and get a feel for it. I have pretty much everything mentioned above, so if anyone is interested in buying US stuff "locally", drop me a PM. Generally would prefer lots of 6x per bar (I have case loads of each, not like 1 or 2 bars or anything). You can see photos of it all here.

Hopefully this isnt considered spam, as Im not (yet!) a business enterprise.

As a related FYI, An Post shipping charges are killing me from an eBay selling perspective! 6 pack of Root Beer is 2.2kg (therefore a "parcel"), which is min EUR28 to UK! Ideally It makes more sense to sell the heavy things locally.

Hi Matt,

How did you bring them over?
    I've brought over a few batches of bulk candy (20lb boxes) but haven't tried to source larger amounts as the shipping gets totally crazy. Without going to a courier, the best I was able to do was $47, per 20lb flatbox (which while allegedly is surface mail, in practice takes less than a week). I was focusing on some of the things like Jelly Belly Flops, Isotonic Sports Beans, and of late- bulk 6.6lb bags of various Haribo products, along with refill bags for Bleeps (which arrived yesterday) and a few other oddities.

Love to meetup and compare notes sometime........ I didn't know I needed an import licence for Jelly Beans originally........ :(

Shane

• Advertisement
Advertisement