Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb scare in Gatwick "Ryanair" Afternoon 6th sept, Can anyone confirm?

Options
  • 07-09-2008 8:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

I was due to leave Dublin for Gatwick on Ryanair FR1126 at 1855 on Saturday 6th Sept however it was 22.40 before it took off. The Captain announced that the delay was caused because the original plane was involved in a bomb scare in Stanstead and they had to get a replacement aircraft.

Did anyone hear anything of this? Just curious to know did this actually happen or is it a way to pass the book over a delayed flight to avoid the EU section 261/2004 penalties. particularly in the light that the Dutch corporate EU_claims have set foot in this country. http://www.euclaim.co.uk/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Didn't hear about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

barnicles wrote: »
    Didn't hear about it

Are you with ATC?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

There was an incident, note found en route DUB-STN and aircraft landed at STN with emergency standby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There was an incident, note found en route DUB-STN and aircraft landed at STN with emergency standby
    Ok Ryanair, all is forgiven :)

Im glad they took the precaution.

Are you with ATC?

Whaddya mean by ATC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

air traffic i guess :):D
    But why would you think that?

air traffic i guess :):D
    But why would you think that?

My job is forum admin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Reminds me on being over in England before in a shopping mall. Bomb alert - alarms went off, took ages to find my brother who was gone to the toilet. we later found out it was a note written by a 9 year old left on a bench. Soon after, my mother was telling the story to her friend who lives in the locality. Her response was positive "we think it's brilliant when there's bomb alerts - we just walk out with all the shopping under our arms [without paying for it]".

Really tempted me to write a note for the plane home and see would Ryanair give me a refund... err, No.

Advertisement