Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Running League...When??

• 07-09-2008 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

My friend told me about this weekly running league in Waterford City, somthing abouth 2.5 miles each week...does anyone know when this starts and at what time? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

it a 2.2 or 5.2 mile course depending on your preference starting from the RSC every thursday night at 7 o clock.
    its extremely popular with large numbers running every week, its catered for every level but is especially kind to non or beginner runner as it has a handicap system so no matter how slow you are you never feel like your felt behind from the start.
    i highly recommend it
    more details on waterford ac website, usually starts around november

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SUNGOD wrote: »
    it a 2.2 or 5.2 mile course depending on your preference starting from the RSC every thursday night at 7 o clock.
    its extremely popular with large numbers running every week, its caterted for every level but is especially kind to non or beginner runner as it has a handicap system so no matter how slow you are you never feel like your felt behind from the start.
    i highly recommend it
    more details on waterford ac website, usually starts around november

That's the one that runs by up the WIT isnt it? You have like steward people to warn cars down? Iv seen the runners a lot, draws a very large crowd! By any chance do you know a John Collins? (Slightly OT, so PM with the answer)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Sully wrote: »
    That's the one that runs by up the WIT isnt it? You have like steward people to warn cars down? Iv seen the runners a lot, draws a very large crowd! By any chance do you know a John Collins? (Slightly OT, so PM with the answer)
    Thanks for the info on the Winter League, found the info for that starting in Nov.

One question maybe for Sully or not....I know the one you are talking about with the stewards, but not where to get the info...any clues? Thanks!!

sfmonet wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on the Winter League, found the info for that starting in Nov.

One question maybe for Sully or not....I know the one you are talking about with the stewards, but not where to get the info...any clues? Thanks!!

confused ,what more info do you need ?

Sully wrote: »

thats the one starts from the RSC goes up around lismore park through the ind estate and back down the cork road
    cant place him sully, maybe i do to see him but name doesnt ring any bells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

I guess I am good SunGod, I had heard that at the RSC it was only running around the track, but if its the one that runs around the ind estate, well then I am sorted. I'm sure when I get in contact I will get it straightened out either way.:)

Thanks.

Advertisement