Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of a Pickle.

Options
  • 07-09-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭

So I'm with a group of students in Dundalk and our landlord thought he'd be helpful and get us Broadband for when we moved in.

He got us Ripwave and it doesn't work. We can't get a signal even though we are well within the availability area. We even hung the yolk out the window and it didn't work. He took it out in his name so I have ye to transfer it over to my name. But, as soon as I change it over, I plan on canceling it. There is no way I'm paying for something that doesn't work.

But it's a 6 month contract and I think I have to pay the 6 months that are left over. Why should I though, seeing as it hasn't worked from day one? What should I do. Should I just stop the Direct debits? Do they generally chase you for the money?

Anywho, we want to get Digiweb Metro as we don't have a landline in the house, but, us being students, we will only be in the house for 6 months, not 12 like the Metro contract is.

I looked on the site but I can't see what the story is on canceling Metro. Is it the same deal? Do we have to pay for the 12 months? Again, would they cahse us for the money if we stopped payment?

I don't mean this as a question to dodge payments, it's just I'm kinda confused by the whole thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Get Landlord to Ring IBB/Imagine. They know on their log if ripwave has been used. They do take it back if you can't get a signal. Don't get account changed to your name.

Ring Digiweb about Metro. I imagine if you only want it for 6months they would want a higher install charge as the normal minimum period of 12 months subsidises the equipment install (It's an outdoor radio in squarish lunch box sized box and indoor ethernet modem).

With either solution you need an ethernet Router (Argos call them Cable Routers) with optionally WiFi to have more than one user.

Advertisement