Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gwan da Deise! [Final Discussion Thread]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Being a Dub, I was lookign forward to a good game, and unfortunately it wasn't. Fair play to KK, they did a magnificent game which no one can take away from them... But all fairness to Waterford they really lit the Hurling alite this year as a whole and deserve a great reception when they get back tonight, they did waterford proud for everything they achieved over the course of the championship....
    Fair paly to them all and Davy......
    great tem and brought a lot back to the hurling game... unfortunately KK where just too good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sorry but I dont really have an interest in the hurling but in any event its never nice to loose a final.

Hard luck to the team and keep the heads and hearts in good spirits for next year.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

fair play to waterford you did very well to get this far,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Indeed hard luck I also share the sentements of a lot of the other KK supporters here, at the end of the day they were beaten by the better team. I was disappointed at half time when I heard a woman in a Waterford Jersey calling the team a bunch of losers and a Kilkenny woman turned around and told her to cope herself on, that they were trying their best and it was still possible to make the mother of all comebacks.

But what shocked me most was the silence on the streets afterwards around Croke, any other year any other final I've been too there has always banter and Craic from both sides this year there was silence, it was shocking.

Anyhow lads tis time to pick yourselves up dust yourselves off and get ready for next year, it'll roll round before you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

trishw78 wrote: »
    But what shocked me most was the silence on the streets afterwards around Croke, any other year any other final I've been too there has always banter and Craic from both sides this year there was silence, it was shocking.

As I walked back to my car I overheard from three different groups of Kilkenny people "I just felt sorry for them" and words to that effect. Between Kilkenny maintaining a very dignified silence and the shell shocked Waterford fans there was no banter to be had... I'm sure it will happen over the coming weeks but I think it was too raw on the day.

My mobile which was buzzing earlier from well wishers all round the country also went quiet after the match.... it was simply that no one knew what to say.

I think spirits are better today and the people of the Deise are looking forward to welcoming the boys home.... we lost but the boys were not losers. They simply met a vastly superior team yesterday... but we'll be back *s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

I think spirits are better today and the people of the Deise are looking forward to welcoming the boys home.... we lost but the boys were not losers. They simply met a vastly superior team yesterday... but we'll be back *s

Great stuff. Let's hope this positive virus spreads across Deiseland quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Was up at the match and you could see i the difference between the two teams in the warm up. Kilkenny players were confident going through their drills while the waterford players were dropping the ball and miss hitting passes, even during the parade one of the waterford players dropped his hurl and what happened after that no one saw coming, one of the most awesome displays of hurling ive ever seen. I heard no jeering of waterford fans near the end and walking down the street there was no craic, no banter just faces of bewilderment on both sides. Heading up to kilkenny now to welcome the greatest hurling team of all time home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I'm sorry I even watched it yesterday it was so embarrassing. Loss I can take but by that kind of margin? Then a near brawl in the first ten seconds? Very sloppy. But hats off to kilkenny. They deserved that victory yesterday for sheer speed!

Advertisement