Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Motherboard to GA-P31-DS3L

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I would never build a computer without a GA-P31-DS3L..

They are very cheap, simple to use, very overclockable and comes with plenty of heavenly extras! To me, it was better than your Stiker Extremes and your Asus P5Ks only because I wasnt willing to spend that kind of money on a motherboard!

Now we have a dilemma! Hardwareversand.de have stopped selling the board. Since hardwareversand.de is the cheapest easy-to-use site ( i know drivecity is cheap but its search function and lack of english sucks!!) So what recommendation on a new motherboard at around €50 do you suggest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

GA-P31-S3G is exactly the same, it even has the same 400fsb block.Fine mobo's for 800/1066mhz chips, but for 1333mhz chips I would look somewhere else, they are especially bad at overclocking 45nm chips as well.

If you getting E2180/Q6600 etc then its great value, but if your going for something newer like E8400/Q9550 get a better board.ASRock Twins-P35 is about €55.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

What are drivecity like?

Payment bank transfer only or credit card and paypal?

Its a nice bit cheaper than hmv.

Advertisement