Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Kelly Family'

Options
  • 07-09-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi,does anyone know where i can buy any 'kelly family' cd? iv tried few music shops but cant get it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol did you try the bargain bins?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Online would be your best bet I'd say, they wouldn't be the most sought after in brick and mortar shops in Ireland.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_/202-9978457-3616652?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+kelly+family&x=0&y=0

There's something about amazon not shipping to Ireland, but I think CD's are ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 playtara

i know lol its for my nan she just went in nursing home and lookin for some cds haha ill try that anyway thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

playtara wrote: »
    i know lol its for my nan she just went in nursing home and lookin for some cds haha ill try that anyway thanks.

you dont like the elderly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

kelly family used to be huge, they even made it onto gaybo a few years back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

They were massive stars in Germany back in the day.
    Incredibly succussful

I'm sure you've all heard this song. She has a terrible voice imo but it was a well know song

cormie wrote: »
    There's something about amazon not shipping to Ireland, but I think CD's are ok?

They won't ship electronics, I think it's to do with WEEE directive. CD's are fine.
    When the WEEE directive was introduced, the retailers were supposed to absorb it. Dick Roche assured us they would.
    But every single one passed it onto customers.
    A rant for another day, doesn't belong in this thread

micmclo wrote: »
    They were massive stars in Germany back in the day.
    Incredibly succussful

I'm sure you've all heard this song. She has a terrible voice imo but it was a well know song

she's a he if i remember correctly

MooseJam wrote: »
    she's a he if i remember correctly

No way :eek:
    I only watched 10 seconds of that song so you may well be correct.

I take back my terrible voice comment, got it badly wrong! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

micmclo wrote: »
    She has a terrible voice imo but it was a well know song

I may be wrong, but I think the singer is a boy :)

Edit: Ah, beaten to it.

• Advertisement

It is a boy, and I for one think it's actually a good song, hilarious but still good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Massive in Germany tells you everything you need to know - Hitler, Hoff, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

God that video takes me back.....I think the song provided the inspiration behind Fr. Dick Byrnes effort in the Father Ted episode "A Song For Europe" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They still are big in Germany if music stores are anything to go by. I was shocked when I was in Berlin and found a huge rack of this stuff and not only that but people coming over and buying it without ANY IRONY!

according to wiki they have sold more than 20 million albums and get this lol Their 1994 album Over the Hump sold more than 3.5 million copies in Germany alone the biggest selling pop album in German history . HA HA lol

I bet people would take them more seriously if they didn't look the way they do :o

From what I've heard of them, they aint too bad :) I think they are Irish too, well, Irish American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 playtara

i like that song:) it is a guy and yes they are irish livin in the west of ireland as far as i know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭gordon_gekko

cormie wrote: »
    I bet people would take them more seriously if they didn't look the way they do :o

From what I've heard of them, they aint too bad :) I think they are Irish too, well, Irish American.

there german but baschically irish travellers who just happen to be born in germany

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Wow, that song is so bad.

The Germans, a funny old breed they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

And here's what the singer looks like with short hair! He actually looks like a man now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Prefabsprouter

Germans: make great cars and are extremely efficient. Extremely beautiful country, friendly people but horrendous taste in pop music!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bluscreendream

Bob Dylan is a big fan of them. He has actually came over and jammed with them on a few occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Bob Dylan is a big fan of them. He has actually came over and jammed with them on a few occasions.

Your kiddin me :eek:

Advertisement