Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemians Player Scores in Romania Thrashing

• 07-09-2008 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

For those who say LOI players are not good enough for International football, then take note that Bohemians player Kalanos scored a great goal for Lithuania in a 3-0 away win over Euro 2008 side Romania.

Well done, and the match was reffed by LOI officials. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Never mind Albanias draw or Austrias win, That really was result of the night. Well done Kalanos. I think I'm gonna have to make Lithuania my 2nd team for the qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

International !
    International !
    International !
    International !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

finnpark makes a valid post. :eek: Well done Kalanos. I'll be letting them know on the Celtic forums that a Bohs player scored against Romania. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Wow the LOI has come on leaps and bounds this week.I'd say alot more of the LOI plyaers will be called up now.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

CHD wrote: »
    Wow the LOI has come on leaps and bounds this week.I'd say alot more of the LOI plyaers will be called up now.... :rolleyes:

Eh, Shut the fcuk up.

• Advertisement

you might get in trouble for that.

Stupid reply. Absolutely stupid. I hate those ignorant replies. Well said SantryRed

you might get in trouble for that.

I don't care. The reply was warranted.

People with YOUR attitude is what is damaging this league.

Pretty stupid making a thread to say how a LOI player scored a international goal and then say it proves that LOI players are good enough for Internationals.

Should have just said lol.

SantryRed wrote: »

Ok ok ok what?

Im bringing down the LOI with my attitude, explain please

• Advertisement

Pretty stupid making a thread to say how a LOI player scored a international goal and then say it proves that LOI players are good enough for Internationals.

Should have just said lol.

He's showing the calibre that we're now attracting to the league!!

Yet, still from people like you, the standard will never be good enough:rolleyes:

Trinidad and St.Vincents & Grenadines also have internationals here.Some Irish Internationals too.

Top league :rolleyes:

Who are these players. Examples please.

Agreed SantryRed.

Trilla wrote: »
    Agreed SantryRed.
    You not able to speak for yourself?

You can pick a fight with me in another thread.

Trinidad and St.Vincents & Grenadines also have internationals here.Some Irish Internationals too.

Top league :rolleyes:

Who are these players. Examples please.

I couldn't be arsed. Like talking to a brick wall. And when did I say it was a top league? Clearly isn't.

I'll end with this. Bohs have attracted a Lithuanian international to join them. It shows a huge step in the right direction if they've signed a player of that quality. Who's to say more of them won't be interested now?

You're trolling here too.

G'luck.

Maybe they will.

Shels might sign an Albanian and another Lithuanian might join Pats.

Don't see how this makes a big improvement.

So come on examples or are you just here to moan cause i don't like the LOI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maybe they will.

Shels might sign an Albanian and another Lithuanian might join Pats.

Don't see how this makes a big improvement.

So come on examples or are you just here to moan cause i don't like the LOI

Stop being so bloody ignorant.

If you can't see that it is a good thing for the eL to be attracting players who perform on the international stage then you're not worth the time of day.

How are the Premiership, La Liga, Serie etc defined? By the calibre of players playing it it i.e. established internationals.

Its not attracting better players.

Are you fcuking serious??

Oh right, I get it, the reason we're performing very well in Europe is because all the other leagues are getting worse.

The tiny eL can't be getting any better:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am not looking to pick a fight with anyone.What you want some virtual fistycuffs?? This is getting out of hand. I just agreed with SantryRed. What you want me to say? Lets get back on topic

International !

International !

International !

International !

Shels a few years back did very well in europe.This year Pats are doing well. Can't see how its changed.

Am I the only one who can see this blatant trolling?

Really? So this guy isn't worth a shite no? A guy with 33 international caps at the age of 24?

What about Colin Healy? And John Paul Kelly? Both could easily still be playing in England

Trilla wrote: »
    I am not looking to pick a fight with anyone.What you want some virtual fistycuffs?? This is getting out of hand. I just agreed with SantryRed. What you want me to say? Lets get back on topic

International !

International !

International !

International !
    Ok no prob.I agree

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Really? So this guy isn't worth a shite no? A guy with 33 international caps at the age of 24?

What about Colin Healy? And John Paul Kelly? Both could easily still be playing in England
    Colin Healy isnt half the player he used to be and would be of LOI standard imo. Maybe the league is improving slightly but very slowly and its not having that great an effect.

Am I the only one who can see this blatant trolling?
    Why cause i don't agree with you?

Just leave it then.

Colin Healy isnt half the player he used to be and would be of LOI standard imo. Maybe the league is improving slightly but very slowly and its not having that great an effect.

There's no 'maybe' about it. Pats' performances in Europe are testiment to the improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

and you'd base your opinion of healy on seeing him numerous times this season live and in the flesh yeah?

stop commenting on things you clearly don't have the tiniest clue about, you're making yourself look stupid.

• Advertisement

Shels a few years back did very well in europe.This year Pats are doing well. Can't see how its changed.

Ten years ago no LOI team would of been expected to win a game in Europe.

Now, we go into the First Qualifying round expecting to go through.

Cork also went on a run in the Intertoto.
    So did Derry in the UEFA Cup.

This is all in the past five years.

Last year was probably our only bad year in Europe in the past few years but that was probably our(Shels) fault tbh.

Why cause i don't agree with you?

Just leave it then.

NO way am I leaving this. No way is the league not improving.

While thats a big improvement its not amazing and LOI could do alot better if it was run better.

Surprisingly enough i do go to the odd game and watch it on tv ( yeah im one of those fans :pac:) and i dont think the standard has improved.

And someone scoring a international goal doesn't prove the LOI is good enough like the op suggested.

While thats a big improvement its not amazing and LOI could do alot better if it was run better.

Surprisingly enough i do go to the odd game and watch it on tv ( yeah im one of those fans :pac:) and i dont think the standard has improved.

And someone scoring a international goal doesn't prove the LOI is good enough like the op suggested.

I don't think even the most hardcore eL fan would disagree with you.

However, on the field there are now better players than there ever were before.

That can be said for nearly every league in europe though.

Its not something to be celebrated, either is a player scoring a international goal.

That can be said for nearly every league in europe though.

Its not something to be celebrated, either is a player scoring a international goal.

Good point made there...but I think LOI has come on an awful lot and has caught up on some leagues, regardless of some clubs financial situations.

• Advertisement

While theres some clubs doing well you have the likes of Drogheda and Cork in trouble which spills out onto the pitch and sets the league back a few years.

Until clubs can get it right its just going to go round in circles imo.

http://www.bohemians.ie/

video of goal on bohs main page

Does that mean he's out for tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Why are you entertaining this bluenose?

Classic confused west brit teenager on a wind up. Just ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Is there anything more tragically perverse than an Irish Chelsea fan?

• Advertisement

Why are you entertaining this bluenose?

Classic confused west brit teenager on a wind up. Just ignore it.
    lol

You have no clue

lol

You have no clue

Of course I don't.

A Chelsea fan abusing people for being Irish, who would have thought it. :rolleyes:

Of course I don't.

A Chelsea fan abusing people for being Irish, who would have thought it. :rolleyes:
    Who did i abuse for being Irish?

Who did i abuse for being Irish?

you have spent the entire thread badmouthing Irish football.

You are boring you horrible confused loyalist.

I am Irish and i abused no-one. I bad mouthed the LOI cause its not as good as some people think it is imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I am Irish and i abused no-one. I bad mouthed the LOI cause its not as good as some people think it is imo.
    You are a confused little person. It probably comes of being Irish, but supporting a Loyalist British club while disliking England and its fans.

Do you think that yout opinion as a self loathing Irish Chelsea fan is going to be taken seriously?

Lads get a room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

I was over on 'the mainland' a few weeks back and found myself standing in at Tube ticket queue in front of a gaggle of Oirish Chelsea fans made up of several families decked from head to toe in blue and swinging Chelsea shop bags, talking up their beloved blues and giving it 'we' this and 'we' that.
    They were the object of mild curiosity from passers-by. I was genuinely embarrassed for them. They thought they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

you have spent the entire thread badmouthing Irish football.

You are boring you horrible confused loyalist.

Thats the best post i've read today. CHD you are an embarressement to yourself and your country if you are Irish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement