Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 - buy now or wait?

• 07-09-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭

My heart is now set on a 360, my wii is just not getting enough use. I'm going to
    go for the Premium version i think, the extra hundred euro doesn't seem worth it for the elite.

I know there have been announced in America and i have read conflicting posts here - some saying we already had a price cut and won't get another one, others saying that a US price cut is traditionally followed by a European one.

So what do you guys recommend? Buy now (I really really want one) or hang on a while?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

We got a price cut in march or so and I'm pretty sure they didnt, I really doubt they are going to drop the price in the near future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There are currently no plans to implement another price cut in the European region so no point waiting.

Source:http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=230200

Besides there's a million (slight exagerration) new games out in the next few months that are going to be class so you'll need one for those. That's on top of the top quality games that are already out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Definitely go for it now... They're cheap enough as it is, plus you're now getting the 60GB hard drive
    Tonnes of great games out there already and some cracking games on the horizon, so there's no point waiting for a price cut that most likely won't come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

excellent stuff.

Xtra Vision have it for 289 with any game free. Is this a good deal, do you think, considering i also have a 20 quid voucher? I'm also going to trade in a couple of Wii games and i think they generally give good trade in prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Cadeaus

I'd recommend jumping on the wagon now. Got mine in may and and I love it. Heaps of great games out & on the way. I've had a wii since launch and only bought 4 games. I have 9 for my xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I got the 60gb from argus for 279 with Halo. Not too bad.

got it tho for the games that are coming out soon :D

Advertisement