Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 8GB Battery?

• 07-09-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know I could put this in Bargin Requests but thought I'd rather post here as I think people are more knowledgable here...

I've had my N95 8GB for about 9 months now - hits been used alot but the phone is in great condition - but the battery only lasts a day...

Does anyone know the cheapest place to by a BL-6F battery from? I was told to go to the Nokia Shop on Dawson Street but I know I'd laugh at them there if they quoted me a price...

Anyone know the cheapest place in Dublin or online to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

**** -- €15.

I think delivery in Ireland is €5 but you can collect it from their shop if you're in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

I would be wary of products from ****.You may be better off buying an orignial battery which costs around 30 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Maybe I'm wrong then... I only came across the site lately, and it looked like good value. I haven't bought anything from them so I can't vouch for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

eBay...I've got some off it before and they've been perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

first of all are you sure the battery is f**ked? it may not be, if you have the phone set to dual mode, use bluetooth a lot, are a heavy user, use the mp3 player a lot or the camera a lot then that would shorten the battery life. i've had my n95 8gb since march and I only use gsm mode and have the bluetooth on all day for my carkit and i get 2.5 days from a full charge.

there may be some life in it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get this:
    http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=121919

that way you can have your extra battery charging at home while you're at work and switch in the evening or charge both at night and put one in your pocket for use when the first runs out

then you can get this:
    http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=121224

or this:
    http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=122075

the high capacity one is thicker than the normal one so it comes with a special back cover to accomodate it. if you can live with the bit of extra bulk it'll last longer than a normal one and it's cheaper than the genuine one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If your buying off ebay dont go for the cheap ones from hong kong / china. Get one from the Uk and dont go too cheap!

Advertisement