Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop for 400 Euro.

• 07-09-2008 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hey Lads!

My girlfriend is looking for a laptop for max of 400 euros. It's gonna be used for basic word processing, web surfing and a bit of editing in Adobe Photoshop.
    She's not keen of getting one of those Netbooks because they are bit too small for her. Dual Core CPU would be an advantage.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Keep and eye on the Dell outlet and wait for a discount money offer and you'll get one at that price. otherwise just shop around. Some of the stores have decent offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Got a couple of laptops for co-workers lately for that sort of money from

www.laptopsdirect.ie

I think they were both Toshiba's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

How about this

I ordered one of these last week but am still awaiting delivery.I think its the best you could possibly get for the price.Its got a Pentium Dual-Core CPU and 2 gigs of RAM.Vista HP and all.The only slight downside to all this, as far as i can see, is the Hard Drive which, at 80gb is pretty small.Delivery is about 18e bringing it in at just under 400e:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ActionHank

Thanks Lads for all of your suggestions. I got Acer Aspire 5720 Gamestone with Core 2 Duo T7300 2Ghz, 1Gb DDR2 RAM and 160gb HDD for 434 euros from Laptopsdirect.ie
    My girlfriend can't wait to run that beauty ;-)

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

ActionHank wrote: »
    Thanks Lads for all of your suggestions. I got Acer Aspire 5720 Gamestone with Core 2 Duo T7300 2Ghz, 1Gb DDR2 RAM and 160gb HDD for 434 euros from Laptopsdirect.ie
    My girlfriend can't wait to run that beauty ;-)

Cheers!

OOPS to late I was just about to suggest this Dell Vostro A860 (e-value code N0986002) for €379.94 inc. vat & delivery.

Order Information Vostro Laptop ODM A860 Order - Ireland
    Base A860 ODM Config 6 UK
    Processor Intel® Pentium Dual Core T2390 (1.86GHz, 1M L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
    LCD 15.6" Widescreen WXGA Display
    Colour Choice Black without Camera
    Memory 1024MB (1x1024) 667MHz DDR2 Single Channel
    Hard Drive 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive
    Optical Devices Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Slot Load Drive including Software
    Primary Battery Primary 6-cell 47 WHr Lithium Ion battery
    Wireless Networking Dell™ Wireless (802.11 b/g) MiniPCI Card
    Bluetooth Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth® Module
    Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic SP1 - English
    CompleteCare Declined CompleteCare
    Standard Warranty 1Yr Basic Warranty - Next Business Day

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement