Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones for 2 sims?

• 07-09-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

I've an Irish and UK Number. Would like to stick both sims in. Anyone know of any good phones that can do this ?

I've seen some sort of mod people use on phones to get it to work. Are they any use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

THere's so many options out there. Have a look on eBay for dual SIM adapters. This lets you switch between the two SIMs.

Phones designed specifically for this include Samsung DuoS (I think that's the model anyway) and this lets you use both at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

damnyanks wrote: »
    I've an Irish and UK Number. Would like to stick both sims in. Anyone know of any good phones that can do this ?
    ebay would be easiest for this i think, a lot of foreign phones from china etc have this option.
    damnyanks wrote: »
    I've seen some sort of mod people use on phones to get it to work. Are they any use?
    This is an adapter that holds two simcards, both simcards have to be cut down to size to fit the adapter that is the sim of a normal sim card. Both numbers will not be connected to the network at the same time. it takes about 3 button clicks to change between numbers. They aren't a perfect solution, but are very cheap to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I've looks at a few different options....this was the best handset I could find, it's capable of having 2 live sims in at the one time....it's also 3G capable, I was going to get it for my 02 & 3 Sims.....I mailed the guy and he was looking for €70 postage........

If you want to get onto him and see will he do a deal of 2, i'll go splits with you....dosen't look like a bad phone...

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Brand-New-Verzio-Duplii-Dual-Sim-3G_W0QQitemZ320292981933QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64355QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Random wrote: »
    THere's so many options out there. Have a look on eBay for dual SIM adapters. This lets you switch between the two SIMs.

Phones designed specifically for this include Samsung DuoS (I think that's the model anyway) and this lets you use both at the same time.

The samsung won't let you use a 3G and 2G sim together....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

I've looks at a few different options....this was the best handset I could find, it's capable of having 2 live sims in at the one time....it's also 3G capable, I was going to get it for my 02 & 3 Sims.....I mailed the guy and he was looking for €70 postage........

If you want to get onto him and see will he do a deal of 2, i'll go splits with you....dosen't look like a bad phone...

http://cgi.ebay.ph/Brand-New-Verzio-Duplii-Dual-Sim-3G_W0QQitemZ320292981933QQihZ011QQcategoryZ64355QQcmdZViewItem

Avoid like the plague, no worthwhile e-bayer won't accept PAYPAL which this one does not if you look at the payment options.#

Beware

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Will do -

Ideally I'm looking for as little hassle as possible. I'd probably screw up the sim card cutting and be left with no sim card!

The Nokia N95 claims to support dual sim cards. Anyone had any luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Thats news to me (shakes N95 8 GB to see what comes out :) ), which one the old N95 or the N95 8GB?

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

N95 definitely does not support two sim cards active simultaneously. But you can prob get some kind of dual sim adapter with it, as described previously.

Advertisement