Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Not paying car tax

Options
  • 07-09-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

What happens if you don't pay car tax and you get caught?
    I have tax on my car but its due in october and im thinking of claiming it off the road. Just want to know what il be up for if i was ever caught.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

lisajane wrote: »
    What happens if you don't pay car tax and you get caught?
    I have tax on my car but its due in october and im thinking of claiming it off the road. Just want to know what il be up for if i was ever caught.

I'm pretty sure it goes against the boards.ie charter to give advice on tax dodging.

You will more than likely get caught at some point and have to backdate it to October anyway. As well as 2 points and possibly a summons, or worst case if you get a guard on a bad day he'll take your car off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, Victor !

And yes, you're right about the first bit ..hence ...end of discussion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement