Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Review - ACCA

• 07-09-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I applied for a review for Paper P3 of the ACCA exams. Got 49% in the exam so i thought it was worth a shot.

Got their reply in the post on Friday, no change :mad: Does anyone else think that this is just a way for them to make more money? I paid £50 for the review but all they do is tot up the marks you got. If i want it reviewed i have to pay a further £50 :eek:

Jockey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I got 49% in my auditing final, didnt bother getting a review because I know the people correcting your paper want you to pass and if they really could they would give you 50%.

If you got 49 then you really got say 47, your paper gets checked at max 4 times, each time marks are awarded as generously as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Jockey#1

:eek: I requested a review too but from what you got Id say it was pointless. Isnt a review supposed to be a review of the whole thing not just total up someone elses marking and see if they calculated it right. That is ridiculous. How can they Justify charging £50 to total up a few marks. Its most definitely an easy way to make extra money.

Also just wondering how you got your answer so quick as I got a reply from them saying the results of the review would be out week commencing 22nd Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭onehorse

Gee Kluivert that's a very Christian attitude to take. Most people would be shouting and roaring if they got 49%, you are right though no point in the review as it is rare for them to reverse it. As a matter of interest anyone out there get the extra few marks from a review?

Fingers crossed Ill be the first person they marked completely wrong :D ....wishful thinking on my part but sure no harm anyways I'd be regreting it I didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

I requested another review anyway which is another £50, chancing my arm really. I got the review back so quick as i appled for the review the minute i got my results. 99% sure they won't change the result but fingers crossed.

Jockey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I seem to recall a couple of years back where there were something like 1200 reviews and there were something like 5 papers marked up to a pass. Not great odds, but it can happen.

Good luck jockey#1 , 1% seems a bit much to fail a person on but sure who am I to say, theres no harm in trying anyway save the hassle of studying it all over again. I sent off my form as well the minute I got the results but still haven't heard anything. Next week now I presume. I can honestly say though I dont expect it to be changed but did it for my own curosity. I did actually think I did enough to pass as I thought I answered question on Linear Programming quite well but I guess you never really can tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

onehorse wrote: »
    Gee Kluivert that's a very Christian attitude to take. Most people would be shouting and roaring if they got 49%, you are right though no point in the review as it is rare for them to reverse it. As a matter of interest anyone out there get the extra few marks from a review?

Just saying it as it is....This is what I was told my one the lecturers who also corrects papers.

Advertisement