Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael: I am happy there not in Government

Options
  • 07-09-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Fine Gael are stupid and inept, whatever about Fianna Fáil.

I am not a Fianna Fáil supporter, actually I am having a hard time trying to figure out who actually represents me in the Dáil. I voted Green and now over the past number of week I am happy that they choose to go into government with Fianna Fáil (choose eemmmm well agreed to go into a government with Fianna Fáil).

Leo Vardarkar's proposal (which I am sure has been discussed here on boards already, has really decided it for me that I could never support this Far Right Wing Party who really don't have a clue and with proposals like Leo's would run the country straight back into the 1980's.

It not just that the proposal is fundamentally racist but it is also fundamentally stupid. It as if Fine Gael actually thinks shutting up shop for a few years would actually get us out of this recession.

I am working on and off for the last 10 years, with study in-between it all, now I think a young family no matter where they are from are entitled to remain in Ireland even if they can’t afford to, they have as much right to set up shop here as I do, in actual fact their children are hugely important to Ireland's future.

There are other reasons for not wanting to vote Fine Gael. The above is a huge one but their Leader is their biggest problem.

Enda Kenny has no personality (not that this is important). It is handy to have a personality when you are debating, a little bit of passion goes along way. His performance at the Leader's Debate (Prime Time) provides proof of his lack of debating skills, even Bertie Ahern ran circles around him.

But this fact was cemented in his QandA Lisbon Treaty Debate, I may be against the Lisbon Treaty but I was glad to see Kenny mess up for the pro-Treaty side. Cowan should have turn to him and said, "Shut the **** up you stupid ****ing eejit". He was not well up on the treaty and he diminished Cowan's performance on QandA.

Labour's Eamon Gilmore is doing a great job, my advice Fine Geal = Shut the **** Up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

You sound like a complete retard so I'm sure FG aren't too worried about your support.
    Enda Kenny has no personality (not that this is important)
    What a bizarre statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You sound like a complete retard so I'm sure FG aren't too worried about your support.

Quote:
    Enda Kenny has no personality (not that this is important)

What a bizarre statement.

Wow, what a great arguement. I am so gald I posted.

Elmo wrote: »
    Wow, what a great arguement. I am so gald I posted.
    You can edit all you want it still reads like the drunken ramblings of a downer.

You can edit all you want it still reads like the drunken ramblings of a downer.

Yes your arguements are wonderful. Not only are you insulting me but you also seem to think that it is okay use words like Retard and Downer.

I am sure the mods have rules about this.

Or perhaps you could explain yourself with out having to insult people.

Yes your arguements are wonderful. Not only are you insulting me but you also seem to think that it is okay use words like Retard and Downer.

I am sure the mods have rules about this.

Or perhaps you could explain yourself with out having to insult people.
    I'll explain myself to no man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

AS hard as your post is to follow elmo, I'll do my best to address your ramble argument.

You say you arent sure who represents you in the dail, and then you go on to say you are glad you voted for the greens. This doesn't make any sense to me.

Leo Varadkar isnt forcing anyone out of the country, and his motives certainly aren't racist. He has just suggested a method of reducing the long term burden on our socical welfare system by offering financial incentives. How is it racist to give people a choice on how they wish to avail of their social welfare rights here? How is it stupid to try and lower the country's social welfare spend?

You argue that these people will be hugely important to irelands future. Trust me, when our economy comes good again, there will be no shortage of people willing to come here and work, just like it was during the celtic tiger.

On Enda Kenny, you say charisma isnt important, and then go on to explain why having some charisma can be a good thing? I am also not Enda Kenny's biggest fan, as there are others within fine gael who I would prefer as leader, but he is a very hard worker and has done excellent work in organising fine gael internally in his time as leader.

On the lisbon treaty: Fine Gael campaigned well on Lisbon, I think much of the blame fore Lisbon falling lies with Fianna Fail, as they were more interested in their own internal politics then on Lisbon until it was too late.
    Elmo wrote:
    my advice Fine Geal = Shut the **** Up.

Yeah, thats what Fine Gael should do to get more votes. What?

You say you arent sure who represents you in teh dail, and then you go on to say you are glad you voted for the greens. This doesn't make any sense to me.

See that is a nice way of saying it with out being rude. I don't need people to tell me I ramble.

You avoid being rude by contradicting yourself?

Explaing to me how telling a party to "Shut the **** up" isnt rude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I wonder how supportive Varadkar would have been of his indian father taking the incentive to move back to India, before landing his job as a doctor here in Ireland. As far as the Lisbon Treaty goes, it wasn't Fine Gael's to win or to lose. It wasn't an election. They present an argument, and the people decide what's best for them. In the end, the people of Ireland decided that it wasn't for them and like dlofnep, voted no to it..

You avoid being rude by contradicting yourself?

Explaing to me how telling a party to "Shut the **** up" isnt rude?
    He starts by calling FG stupid as well and then proceeds to show us how stupid he himself is.
    Sure his whole rant is direct contradictions.

• Advertisement

Was his indian Father claiming social welfare? Why would a foreign national take the money if they thought they'd be better off staying in Ireland?

He starts by calling FG stupid as well and then proceeds to show us how stupid he himself is.
    Sure his whole rant is direct contradictions.

I wasn't directing my rudeness at anyone in particular on boards just on the Fine Geal party.

I didn't not use words like Retard or Downer to insult anyone here on boards.

I did not call anyone one on boards a stupid mother ****er.

I wasn't directing my rudeness at anyone in particular on boards just on the Fine Geal party. I didn't not use words like Retard or Downer to insult anyone here on boards. I did not call anyone one on boards a stupid mother ****er.
    Well you called FG stupid MFs and my uncle is their leader so I was personally insulted.

they have as much right to set up shop here as I do
    Only unless they are legal immigrants, we don't operate an open border policy.

Well you called FG stupid MFs and my uncle is their leader so I was personally insulted.

I didn't know that. Just like you don't know who my relatives are. And if you did insult any of them on boards I wouldn't take it personally.

I was talking about the time he debated the Lisbon treaty on which I felt he was not very good. I was trying to explain how annoied I would be with Enda Kenny, I felt that he did not explain the treaty well and he did not seem well informed at that debate. To me it looked like Cowan, at times, wanted to say to Enda "shut up".

Again I did not use words like downer or retard to discribe your uncle or anyone else for that matter.

I didn't know that. Just like you don't know who my relatives are. And if you did insult any of them on boards I wouldn't take it personally. I was talking about the time he debated the Lisbon treaty on which I felt he was not very good. Again I didn't suggest that the guy was a downer or retard.
    Whats the difference in calling him a retard or stupid. They both mean the same thing, one being non-pc. You said the man ****s his mother which is my grandmother, how offensive is that?

I won't quote you on that, but lets face it isn't as bad an expression. It is used alot and I was putting it quotes and as far as I am concerned you over reacted. I will withdraw the comment.

Also if Enda has kids he is a mother ****er. (Lets not start discussing meaning of MF expression)

How do you know I don't have a Family Relative with Down Syndrome or with a metal disability?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Climate Expert, I am not a mod of this board, but you should probably understand that this isn't politics.ie.
    If you keep personally abusing people, you will be banned.
    Attack the post and not the poster.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Fine Gael are stupid and inept, whatever about Fianna Fáil.

I am not a Fianna Fáil supporter, actually I am having a hard time trying to figure out who actually represents me in the Dáil. I voted Green and now over the past number of week I am happy that they choose to go into government with Fianna Fáil (choose eemmmm well agreed to go into a government with Fianna Fáil).

Leo Vardarkar's proposal (which I am sure has been discussed here on boards already, has really decided it for me that I could never support this Far Right Wing Party who really don't have a clue and with proposals like Leo's would run the country straight back into the 1980's.

It not just that the proposal is fundamentally racist but it is also fundamentally stupid. It as if Fine Gael actually thinks shutting up shop for a few years would actually get us out of this recession.

I am working on and off for the last 10 years, with study in-between it all, now I think a young family no matter where they are from are entitled to remain in Ireland even if they can’t afford to, they have as much right to set up shop here as I do, in actual fact their children are hugely important to Ireland's future.

There are other reasons for not wanting to vote Fine Gael. The above is a huge one but their Leader is their biggest problem.

Enda Kenny has no personality (not that this is important). It is handy to have a personality when you are debating, a little bit of passion goes along way. His performance at the Leader's Debate (Prime Time) provides proof of his lack of debating skills, even Bertie Ahern ran circles around him.

But this fact was cemented in his QandA Lisbon Treaty Debate, I may be against the Lisbon Treaty but I was glad to see Kenny mess up for the pro-Treaty side. Cowan should have turn to him and said, "Shut the **** up you stupid ****ing eejit". He was not well up on the treaty and he diminished Cowan's performance on QandA.

Labour's Eamon Gilmore is doing a great job, my advice Fine Geal = Shut the **** Up.

i'm quite hungover, so i'll be blunt.

if this was written out on paper, It would be in crayons.

Climate Expert, I am not a mod of this board, but you should probably understand that this isn't politics.ie.
    If you keep personally abusing people, you will be banned.
    Attack the post and not the poster.
    And so should you for back seat modding.

• Advertisement

And so should you for back seat modding.
    And, I probably will be (or at least infracted), I just wanted you to know that you were heading for a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

LOUD NOISES

And, I probably will be (or at least infracted), I just wanted you to know that you were heading for a ban.
    Well don't bother in future ok, I don't want to hear from a scumbag like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Well don't bother in future ok, I don't want to hear from a scumbag like yourself.
    I heard he's a member of the travelling community.

Climate Expert: how much do I have to pay to get you to leave this site?

This should be good.
    Why am I a "scumbag"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

Could you ask him on my behalf why he thinks as a primary school teacher who inherited his seat from his father he thinks he'd make a good leader of the country?

Antithetic wrote: »

Climate Expert: how much do I have to pay to get you to leave this site?
    If you are serious e40. I can send paypal details.

This has gone way off topic here and you lads are to blame.

Since everyone agrees that my orginal post was just a ramble. I am at this stage ok with this thread going off topic. :rolleyes:

So.......

I didn't think Scumbag was a term used for the travelling community, I understood it as a fairly standard insult, which does not cause offence to anyone but the person it is directed at. Knacker now that's both insulting to the Traveling community as well as the person receiving the insult.

Anyway I won't vote for Fine Geal, not that I ever did so my post is fairly pointless even for my standards.

Have a nice day.

Politics mods I recommend,

1. Deleting this abortion of a thread
    2. 1 week ban for Antithetic for pointless OT posts
    3. 1 week ban for Elmo for retarded thread and insults
    4. 2 week ban for Climate expert for insults and back seat modding.
    5. 1 week ban for The Minister for back seat modding.

Good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Was his indian Father claiming social welfare? Why would a foreign national take the money if they thought they'd be better off staying in Ireland?

Why should we pay someone to leave our Country? If someone is legal, then what does it matter if they are Irish or foreign and on the dole? The problem isn't the nationality of the people, but rather the abuses of the welfare system itself. And I'll be damned if I'm going to pay someone to leave Ireland. I wouldn't pay someone to leave my house!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement