Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I activate call diverts?

• 07-09-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Bought a new Nokia 6500 classic last week....for some reason, I cannot activate any call diverts (e.g. divert when busy, divert when not answered)...the voice mailbox number is set up OK....call barring is switched off....when I try to activate any diverts, the phone attempts to contact the network (O2 in this case) and make the request but then up pops the message "Request Not Completed"....anybody any idea what's going on here? I suspect it's a problem with my SIM/account versus the phone itself....and I am despairing at the prospect of contacting O2's "support" line.....any help appreciated....

JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I don't know why you have support in quotes .. they're actually very good in my opinion.

As for the diverts - are you on prepay? If you are you can only divert to voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

It depends. You should be able to set up diverts through most handsets but in cases your profile on your networks Home Location Register may prevent them from activating and you may get an error message such as 'Request Not Completed' when you try.

Give your a network a quick ring and they should be able to adjust your network profile to allow this.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭jwb1

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    It depends. You should be able to set up diverts through most handsets but in cases your profile on your networks Home Location Register may prevent them from activating and you may get an error message such as 'Request Not Completed' when you try.

Give your a network a quick ring and they should be able to adjust your network profile to allow this.

Thanks!

Advertisement