Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very bad sound quaility in media player

• 07-09-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    ok i dont know what i need to tell you so firstly i'll give you a run down of my laptop,its got 1gb of ram,a P4 3.06ghz and a 120gb hard drive.When i play music(only tested wma) in windows media player it is basically crap audio quaility.
    Playing wma's in real player results in the same quaility,but watching youtube videos the audio is fine.Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

What bit rate are the wma files that you are playing encoded to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

If you backup your cd's on the laptop with windows media player there is the option in the settings tab to copy at a higher bit-rate (lossless).

The lower the bit-rate the worse the sound but smaller the file, and obviously the higher the bit-rate the better the sound quality resulting in large file sizes.

If you enjoy good quality sound try to stick to the .wav format and steer clear of .wma and mp3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

See the thing is,iv never had this issue i always convert at 128k and all is ok,iv done the lossless and still no luck some have improved others havn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Try updating your Codec Pack then...

If you are using XP -> THIS

If using Vista, then -> THIS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks soundman still no good though :/
    This is really annoying me now totally clean and new xp sp3 install with all the drivers that are meant to be on it and the sound quaility is crap,my mobile phone is better :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Try playing the audio files through VLC media player, if the sound is the same try updating your sound card drivers.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Advertisement