Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you're an early teen...

Options
  • 07-09-2008 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Ok, thought this might be good for a laugh, the situation here is you're about 14, you want a tattoo so you find someone who will do it for you, what would you of ended up with now?

I think if I did it I would of had a big Dragon Ball Z one which I know I would regret now :p

Would of probably had a few skulls on me at that time to show how "hard core" I was :(

Anyway thank God I didn't get any then, what about you folks, what would you of gotten back then that you know you would regret now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Go to the central bank, look around at some of the bankies, you'll see what the average 14 year old will end up getting there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

HA! :D good post.

When I was 14 I wanted a fairy girl i'd seen in a book in one of the studios in town, cant remember which now. Sort of like this one but sadder, prettier and kneeling down.... and the wings were bigger and more tattered so in other words, huge! http://www.purplemoon.com/Stickers/fairy-mushroomAB.jpg

She was beautiful and all but to get the detail in it would have covered my lower back for the body part and the wings would have taken up the upper back, so essentially a full back piece. Im SO glad now that I couldn't afford her! Its a lot of space to give up for one piece that didn't mean a lot to me, i just liked the design.

I wonder what would have happened if I had that half tattoo sticking out of my clothes at all times? I don't think my college principal would have approved, I might not have got in. Half a tattoo doesn't look so good on stage sticking out of a ballet leotard. Interesting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Would have had 'made in ireland' or '100% pure irish beef' or something equally mad on me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i probably would have gotten some skater logo or something skater related, or if i was going the music route it could have been one of those acid house smiley faces. jesus
    i remember some of the lads in school had tattoos. garfield. smoking a joint
    or mickey mouse. smoking a joint
    or taz. smoking a joint
    tweety bird. you get the picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

longshanks wrote: »
    i probably would have gotten some skater logo or something skater related, or if i was going the music route it could have been one of those acid house smiley faces. jesus
    i remember some of the lads in school had tattoos. garfield. smoking a joint
    or mickey mouse. smoking a joint
    or taz. smoking a joint
    tweety bird. you get the picture

Ahahahahaha that made me LAUGH! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Probably the Slipknot tribal "S" logo, I saw someone on TV with one and thought that even if I stopped liking Slipknot, it'd be cool looking enough to not regret :D

This one:
    Slipknot_S_Gro.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I woulda had a pokemon....

Oh wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

If I was 14 I would have attempted to get some piercings without parental consent, been turned down, and then head to the nearest hack for some tattoos. I would have considered the cost of the tattoo greatly, the placement somewhere where mummy and daddy would not see; my calf I'd say. Oh and I'd take no more than 3 literal minutes to choose the design.

Oh what do ya know! That's a true story.

[No! It is not the slipknot symbol - everyone thought it was. Being a 14 year old knacker it made the whole thing 10x worse :cool:]

UNDERAGE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I would have had "ozzy" across my knuckles, flames up my wrists and some sort of pokemon somwhere else and some sort of skate boarding design somewhere else.

So glad i didnt find anywhere. jaysus:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

I would have got a heart with my horses name written in it, would have looked very nice indeed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i would have gotten three stars on my left wrist...
    >_>

ok, so that ended up happening anyway, (not till i was 18 though, but had wanted it since i was in first year), but cian just reminded me that i would have LOVED to have gotten flames on my wrists, coloured on my left, black and white on my right, similar to the ones chester bennington (linkin park) has.

a lucky escape, perhaps.

the ones chester bennington (linkin park) has.

EXACTLY!!!!
    Hybrid theory album photo's! ;)

Odd, they are on tv right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

A puma/panther clawing it's way up my right shoulder blade, a dolphin jumping over my belly button, flames coming up my ankle, my star sign...somewhere...hmmm....yeah, there's prob a bunch more!

haha, long time no see... though at some point over the last week, i definitely did end up listening to them for teh first time in about a year (ha, saw them at germany's rock'am'ring last year - incredible!).

at younger than 14... ye're gonna love this oen... a band, similar to mel c's... that would have been sooooooooooooo coool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

actually yeah, froo just reminded me...I wanted the barbed wire arm band like Jo from S Club 7 had...oh dear....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Le Rack wrote: »
    actually yeah, froo just reminded me...I wanted the barbed wire arm band like Jo from S Club 7 had...oh dear....

I think I did as well . . . Jesus!

(Although I think I first spotted it on Pamela Anderson. That tattoo would've been so manly!)

some scary confessions...

though have always wanted a fish of some description on me. still working on it...

I've got a friend who has all of vilo's tattoos from HIM... Two years on and he despises the band!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

WOW.

Major suckage for him Hahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

funny reading on this thread.

anyways.. my 14 year old cousin was on holidays in spain three weeks ago and his 18 year old brother convinced him to get a tattoo.

he got his sirname on his inside forearm, about 6" long and 1" thick....

needless to say,his brother got a right thumping when i got him.:D the ****ing twats

talking about one to regret

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Never understood why people get tattoos when on holiday. Poor young fella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I DID get one at 14. In the Mint.

And it's so shameful I'm not even going to say what it is. Suffice to say, my name is involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

Will wrote: »
    Never understood why people get tattoos when on holiday. Poor young fella

i know, i dont understand it myself.
    i took me nearly 2 years before i got mine. not two week in the sun

Hahaha, they're like famous for crap playboy bunnies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I got a tattoo done in the mint,jesus they would tattoo anyone.There was some american kids in one day i was there and they got a leperchaun and some other ****e.God i often think do they still like their tattoos. Cause they were quite big like i love ireland all the way down their arm,thyey would have had no chance to hide it.

Mint|
    Is that gone now?
    Never heard of them.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I probably would have had some giant phrase in Kanji going down my back, which would probably have translated into '59 Sweet & Sour Pork' :p

As it stands, I do have a very small kanji symbol on my ankle, which has meaning and was researched beforehand! Also it's meaning was verified by a Chinese friend, just to be sure I was getting the right thing :)

I'd also probably have a load of random stuff I saw on the flash in Celestial Ring! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Armedcor

Something Nintendo related....6 years on...I'd still dig a Zelda tat, I'd propably totally regret it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

i want a Final fantasy tattoo...Have for years...never found something i'd get on me till i ****ed around with photoshop and came up with this...I'd prob regret it though

Advertisement