Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3 install cruise control

Options
  • 07-09-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I have just bought Audi A3 1.9 TDI from the UK.
    i. Where is a good place to install cruise control on it. How much could I expect to pay for this.
    ii. Where is a good place to get it serviced. Is there a good main dealer in Dublin or would I be better going to an independent garage. I had a Volvo S40 and always found Koping to be very expensive.
    iii. What would I expect to pay to have re upholstered in leather.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

,mnb wrote: »
    I have just bought Audi A3 1.9 TDI from the UK.
    i. Where is a good place to install cruise control on it. How much could I expect to pay for this.

Call ICE in Ranelagh, they retrofit Cruise Control using OEM parts. I haven't had it done myself, but they assured me that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between their version and the factory option.

http://www.icesecurity.com/
    ii. Where is a good place to get it serviced. Is there a good main dealer in Dublin or would I be better going to an independent garage. I had a Volvo S40 and always found Koping to be very expensive.

If you found Koping to be expensive then you'll probably feel the same thing with Audi dealers too.

I'm sure someone can recommend a good indy mechanic.
    iii. What would I expect to pay to have re upholstered in leather.

Call Cartronics for pricing, but I'd expect you'll pay about €2k.

http://cartronics.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It probably would have been cheaper to have found an A3 with these options fitted in the UK than retro fitting them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I don't see the point in making a new one....

I'm intending on bringing in an A3 2.0tdi sportback (2006 up) from the UK this/next month.
    I suppose this is for AudiChris (I think your a dealer?), do you think I'd get a good price over here with the market in its present state (as reported in the threads here) or would it be better to go with my original plan & go UK?
    I've been trying to compare prices, eg conversion of € to £, then flights/boat, inspection etc.. But do you think I could "bargain" with dealers here to get it down to around the same prices? Cheers

I haven't imported (or done the sums for importing in any meaningful way) so I'm not sure if I'm the best to advise on import vs. buy here.

AudiChris wrote: »
    I haven't imported (or done the sums for importing in any meaningful way) so I'm not sure if I'm the best to advise on import vs. buy here.

OK, well ignoring the UK how much do you think you could push a dealer on say, an 06 a3 2.0tdi sportback with high spec (leather/cruise/sound upgrade)?
    Go on, go on, go on, tell us, you have that oul disclaimer on your posts ;)

..............PS I understand if you can't/don't want to tell

• Advertisement

The better way to do it is to pick a car you like and post a link to it here. We'll tell you pretty quickly if the car's priced correctly or not.

As for a generic discount, it varies from car to car. If I've a car that we've significantly dropped the price on recently, you're not going to get much more out of me. If it's still normally priced, you may get €1k(ish).

It very much depends on specific circumstances.

AudiChris wrote: »
    The better way to do it is to pick a car you like and post a link to it here. We'll tell you pretty quickly if the car's priced correctly or not.

As for a generic discount, it varies from car to car. If I've a car that we've significantly dropped the price on recently, you're not going to get much more out of me. If it's still normally priced, you may get €1k(ish).

It very much depends on specific circumstances.

Well after looking on carzone/cbg/autotrader etc., theres no A3's with a spec I'd like. So I guess it'll be UK so.

A few quick questions before I go regarding the specs....
    Is the s-line just different external body parts (apart from the badge on the steering wheel) or is there differences in the interior?
    Is it possible to get an s-line with cruise control, climate control & leather?
    What spec can you get the 170 2.0TDI in? (Its just the 170's I've seen all seem to have lower specs on the interior)
    And lastly, am I right in thinking the 170's have straight chrome exhausts?

btw cheers for the replies Chris :)

lafors wrote: »
    Is the s-line just different external body parts (apart from the badge on the steering wheel) or is there differences in the interior?

There are two packs - S-Line Exterior Pack, which is the body kit but doesn't do anything to the wheels or interior, and the S-Line Sports Pack is sports seats, sports suspension, alloys, alu trim etc.
    Is it possible to get an s-line with cruise control, climate control & leather?

Absolutely.
    What spec can you get the 170 2.0TDI in? (Its just the 170's I've seen all seem to have lower specs on the interior)

Not sure why this is, you can go from low to high spec with the 170. I'd have presumed most people going for the top spec engine would be trying to make their car a little special and would have put interior spec in too, but I'm not sure if I understand the UK market at all.
    And lastly, am I right in thinking the 170's have straight chrome exhausts?

Straight, yes. Chrome? 99% sure. I'm trying to picture the last one I had in and I can't. I've checked the brochure and it's worded really badly so I'm not definite.
    btw cheers for the replies Chris :)

No bother

Advertisement