Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Montenegro vs Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

I <3 Given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Given is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Great save by Shay Given... these are f***ing 6th seeds, somebody forgot to tell Montenegro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

McGeady was wasteful. Given was great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

god im worryed about conceding a late goal now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

roryc wrote: »
    these are f***ing 6th seeds, somebody forgot to tell Montenegro

The reason for that has been done to death here.

Dont know how many times i've shouted "lift your bloody head up, you knob end" to hunt so far this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dont know how many times i've shouted "lift your bloody head up, you knob end" to hunt so far this match.

He has been terrible going forward tonight. Running into the opposition every time. crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Come on Ireland!

one good free kick please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

typical he spots a hand ball OUTSIDE the box...What a waste there...just get the free kick into the box...wdf can finnan do there?

????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,447 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

one good free kick please...

nope

god damn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great save by Shay Given... these are f***ing 6th seeds, somebody forgot to tell Montenegro

This will be the last time in a long time that they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

To all those watching on Setanta, am I the only one that thinks Brian Kerr talks a load of shìte, I can only imagine what the Premiership players and indeed others must have thought of listening to him when he was the national manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

33 degrees, too terrible wingers, midfield knackered and hasnt used a sub

CiaranC wrote: »

Considering he brought on mcshane last time that might be a good thing at this point

• Advertisement

ill take a point here, they look more dangerous

Reids an excellent asset for the team, but hes wrecked and needs to be replaced

CiaranC wrote: »

Yeah, I'm surprised at that. I will say though that McGeady improved somewhat the last 20 mins (his bad miss aside). We're falling over the finish line as a team to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Whealan again!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Holy **** finland 3 germany 2, should be watching that instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

4 points in 2 away games is gold for Ireland...especially with 3 consecutive home games to play again Cyprus, Georgia and Bulgaria and the potential to get to 11-13 points half way through the qualifying stage.

4 points, job done i guess. Not bad with 2 aways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sin e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

That will do i suppose...lets hope for a Italy loss or draw now

kmart6 wrote: »
    Whealan again!:rolleyes:
    Whelan was class tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

O'Shea my MOTM I reckon. Looked even better today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sack the manager that was a disgrace - where's the ambition to win a game? etc ;)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

oh well, theres always the 2014 world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So only a point but at least we are off to a good start. I just thought that maybe Andy Reid should have got a run in this game, I thought there was room for improvement on the left, even if you used Reid as more of an infield player there was certainly need for someone who could link with the forwards. I think we had a few good performances today, Richard Dunne and John O'Shea played really well, Stephen Reid and Glenn Whelan in the middle park as well. You can't say anything against Robbie Keane who works so hard but what can you do when you are not getting a supply, similar with Kevin Doyle. Stephen Hunt for me was his usual energetic self but there was no end product. Aiden McGeady improved in the second half, he had a poor first half.
    I agree with the Man of the Match being Glenn Whelan, I thought it was Stephen Reid on Saturday but Whelan had a great game today. I don't know how his is not getting his game at Stoke.

Well its nice to be disapointed that we didnt win after a very good performance instead of being owned by cyprus thats an improvement ;)

Soby wrote: »
    That will do i suppose...lets hope for a Italy loss or draw now

This is not going to happen. Italy will butcher the group :cool:

mike65 wrote: »
    Sack the manager that was a disgrace - where's the ambition to win a game? etc ;)

Mike

You kidding, right?

TripleAce wrote: »
    This is not going to happen. Italy will butcher the group :cool:
    Yea, like they anihilated Cyprus on Saturday :cool:

Well, I think that is a good result. Montenegro were decent and will give everyone a tough run for their money at home. They went closer than we did in terms of creating a goal - but maybe we controlled the game overall for longer stretches.

We defended very well as a unit and didn't give away easy chances apart from the Kilbane slip up at the end of the first half (Kilbane was good apart from that though). Hunt and McGeady toiled hard but were generally lacking in end product. Doyle, Keane, Reid and Whelan were all good imo - though they didn't dominate their individual battles. McGeady should have hit the target with our best chance and we needed to make more of our setpieces.

Four points from six away from home is a decent start. I was surprised that we didn't make changes towards the end of the game as we tired in inhospitable conditions - but apart from Reid there were no really clear options available. And then Reid is a central midfielder and both Steven Reid and Whelan were having good games. Other will disagree on all of this of course - but I think we can look forward with a bit of confidence.

• Advertisement

Yea, like they anihilated Cyprus on Saturday :cool:

Well as Mr Vin Diesel once said "It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, a win is a win" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

Mcgeady is bollox. Far to lightweight for any level other than Micky mouse Scottish league. Hunt looses the ball just as much but is far better at defending and gets stuck in a lot more.

Should be sitting comfortable with 6 points. Very disappointed with only 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I thought we were much, much better than at the weekend. Shame we couldn't nick the win, but 4 points from two opening away games is not a bad return. A lot of positives; Whelan is really making that midfield role his own, Dunne and O' Shea look to be developing a good relationship. Hopefully Reid can have an injury-free campaign, because even though he wasn't fully fit tonight, he was excellent.

Having said that, I would've liked to have seen Andy Reid come in at some point tonight. If there's one criticism of the performance it was our awful set pieces. Hunt showed great endeavour all night and tracked back well, but he was really lacking in a finishing touch. There's still the big question of where to play Reid, but we were crying out for the type of deliveries he has in his game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TripleAce wrote: »
    You kidding, right?

Of course :) Hence the use of the winky ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,999 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Mcgeady is bollox. Far to lightweight for any level other than Micky mouse Scottish league. Hunt looses the ball just as much but is far better at defending and gets stuck in a lot more.

Should be sitting comfortable with 6 points. Very disappointed with only 4.
    So you didn't watch the match then.

Actually just thinking about your overall post.:rolleyes:

Mike.

Just checking....as Juve supporter Trap is my idol :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Overall happy, good result tought place to go so good start to the campaign.

Only concern was trap's lack of the bench would have brought on A.Reid for Hunt in the last 15-20mins and Keogh for Keane for the last ten maybe other than that i can understand why he wouldnt want to take off reid or whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

A very satisfying performance. Though I would agree with Beglin that Whelan was MOTM, O'Shea was a rock in defence. In that one match, I finally saw him fulfil all that hype surrounding his early years. The trick is staying at that level now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

Mike.

yeah it was obvious there was so much ambition to win, all those irish players bombing forward trying to get a goal and creating all those shots on target.....well one shot on target but still, one shot on target is good against a team of montenegros quality. The likes of brazil and argentina must be crapping themselves at the possibility of coming up against this Irish team in the world cup finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

eagle eye wrote: »
    So you didn't watch the match then.

Actually just thinking about your overall post.:rolleyes:

They've just shown a bunch of clips on RTE to reinforce my point which you seem to disagree with.

So your saying Hunt didn't loose the ball 50-60% of the time and didn't track back on numerous occasions winning the ball?

• Advertisement
Advertisement