Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options
  • 07-09-2008 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Posted on behalf of The Warehouse

The first and only dedicated indoor cqb airsoft venue in the country, we will be doing a full rental package including guns, masks, tactical vests and bbs. That means if you have nothing you can still come down and try out Ireland's fastest growing sport.

Game modes
    We in Airsoft reloaded offer a wide variety of game scenarios in The Warehouse. Here are but a few of our scenarios.

Assassination
    A hit has been ordered on a VIP and the boys in blue must protect him at all costs until the reinforcements arrive.... Or, will the terrorists reach their target?
    Bomb squad
    Terrorists have taken over a building and have planted bombs throughout, swat must enter the building, defuse all bombs and kill all remaining terrorists, but the clock is ticking.
    Battle royal
    Multiple teams fight it out in all out war, the team with the least amount of casualties wins.
    Last man standing
    All alliances are set aside, you must kill or be killed.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=411089534

http://www.bebo.com/airsoft_reloaded

http://www.tagged.com/airsoft_reloaded

Location & cost to be added at a later stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

when is the first Game ?
    when is the first Game ?
    when is the first Game ?
    when is the first Game ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Very soon, thanks for the speed of the reply there.

and a huge thanks to Gandalf for setting this up in such a speedy mannor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Good luck :)

Thanks a lot man, we are just there now.

Website coming soon, please be patient while we improve our web presence.

For now you can check out any of our pages linked in the start of this thread.

Any queries re: membership or joining the opening day can be sent to airsoftreloaded@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Random thought, most sites just rent AEGs, but something that might be worth looking at is renting claymores. They cost as much as a decent sidearm and afaik they arent all that common, they could really add to the games and be a good source of revenue as the running costs would be very low(few 9V batts).

Just a thought,
    Lethal

We have thought about renting out, claymores/grenades and such. We most likely will be renting these out but only for airsofters (not the general public) as we wouldn't trust them with throwing things in the air.

Thanks for that Lethal.

What does everyone else think about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

We have thought about renting out, claymores/grenades and such. We most likely will be renting these out but only for airsofters (not the general public) as we wouldn't trust them with throwing things in the air.

Thanks for that Lethal.

What does everyone else think about that?

Sounds very good, but not for Joe public off the street, Airsofters only, I don't fancy getting a nade in the face or back of the head, ouch :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Sounds very good, but not for Joe public off the street, Airsofters only, I don't fancy getting a nade in the face or back of the head, ouch

and what makes you think you will not get that from as you say an 'airsofter' :rolleyes: and be careful starting to sound very elitist with a us and them thing coming out

anyway good luck with the site, look forward to getting up to Dublin sometime to test this and other site out

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Puding wrote: »
    and what makes you think you will not get that from as you say an 'airsofter' :rolleyes: and be careful starting to sound very elitist with a us and them thing coming out

Theirs nothing elitist in that statement at all, and I do not like the inference you are making. Far from me to talk like that as I am only in the sport a wet week.

It is experience versus no experience, that is common sense.

As someone who nearly was knocked out by a Zoxna grenade*, use of heavy objects witch you are allowed throw is a real safety concern for anyone.

*Non pyro airsoft grenade

• Advertisement

Puding man, I am not at all elitist, I simply meant that you can (normally :-)) trust airsofters, like the other day in Fingal I got shot in the back of the head because I moved out of position. I did that because my cover was only 4ft high and I was afraid that one of the noobs (no offence) there would just lean thier gun over and shoot me point blank in the head, had I knwon that the people moving in wore avid airsofters I would have stayed bunked in knowing they wouldn't do that as proven by the fact that they didn't.

I know t hat was a bit long winded but my point is that you can trust airsofters in certain situations where you wouldn't (fully) trust a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah tbh I dont know how grenades are going to work in such close quarters, obiously they are essential, but perhaps a briefing beforehand?

Like generally in a CQB situation ( not that i have experience) i would have gone with the idea, grenades/flashbangs are kept as low as possible or rolled on the ground for maximum effect?

I wouldnt be much impressed with being smashed in the face with a grenade, im not one for venting safety concerns, I take injury as part of a game where we simulate warfare... I guess we will find out how it works when an incident happens.

Yeah tbh I dont know how grenades are going to work in such close quarters, obiously they are essential, but perhaps a briefing beforehand?

Like generally in a CQB situation ( not that i have experience) i would have gone with the idea, grenades/flashbangs are kept as low as possible or rolled on the ground for maximum effect?

I wouldnt be much impressed with being smashed in the face with a grenade, im not one for venting safety concerns, I take injury as part of a game where we simulate warfare... I guess we will find out how it works when an incident happens.

No I agree, we are going to tell people to roll them or gently throw them at shin hight to clear a room, what we are afraid of is people lashing them of people's mallets but as you said the briefings should sort it out.

Update with Facebook Group.
    http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=19468679405

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭major sims

sounds great to have an airsoft facility that will not be affected by the weather

best of luck from all at Skirmish Airsoft Command

Thanks a lot for that man, looking forward to having you guys down for a skirmish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

no location named yet? well what part of ireland? dublin? galway? cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

location has been given as north dublin i believe in previous posts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

cheers, may have to take a trip with the team to it then :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah its in swords as far as i know.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭j0ey2069

Savage, can't wait for yez to open! The best of luck to yez.

I really feel stupid with this cloak and dagger thing about the address but trust me when I say we have our reasons, it is in north Dublin city (not the centre), its 2 minutes from the M50 and the M1 so very easely accessable to all.

We will be releasing the address the second we have other things sorted out

Sorry for the wait.

P.S

Its not in Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭seamus-2k7

I really feel stupid with this cloak and dagger thing about the address but trust me when I say we have our reasons, it is in north Dublin city (not the centre), its 2 minutes from the M50 and the M1 so very easely accessable to all.

We will be releasing the address the second we have other things sorted out

Sorry for the wait.

P.S

Its not in Swords.

Is it near swords:P

Lol, I guess it is yeah, not more than a half hour drive anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

half an hour in which direction
    we could spread out and search every wairhouse there is within half an hour of swords:D

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

"its 2 minutes from the M50 and the M1".
    Must be Santry or Coolock ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

lol CSI Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

tonky wrote: »
    "its 2 minutes from the M50 and the M1".
    Must be Santry or Coolock ?

/me Runs to google earth....

LOl, exact location will be given very soon, again I’m sorry for all the messing but the second all is sorted it will be released.

The name of the site is The Warehouse; it is purely a cqb facility there is serious money going into it so it isn't going to be half assed.

Our rental package is: gun, tactical vest to tell between teams (thought we would get away from the arm band), full face mask and a clip of bbs for €5.

(NOTE: there is no charge on the tactical vest)

We will be open 7 days a week, Sat and Sun 10am to 10 or 11pm (maybe later if there are many airsofters on site), Mon to Fri We are thinking 3 or 4pm to 10 or 11pm (but we could be open all day every day). We will also be doing night games (but we could do them during the day lol) now and then.

Our opening hours will be semi-flexible to the times you guys want to go.

We will have a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly and annual membership option to suit those who go regularly (details have been drawn up and will be released shortly).

The opening price will be 2 hours for €10 (the more you buy the cheaper it gets obviously). Games will be timed, taking airsoft back to where it started and this will also cut out long breaks between games (meaning when you buy 4 hours you actually will get 4 hours). We wouldn't recommend that anyone spends the whole day in an indoor fast paced cqb facility, a couple of hours would most likely leave you wrecked.

Obviously the membership rate is a lot cheaper but mind you that is a good price anyway I think.

Oh, all of our floor plans are being (and have been) designed by architects and are completely moveable so the site shouldn't look the same from one week to the next.

What do you guys think of all that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

best of luck lads with the new site.

it will be hard to cut out the long breaks between games, ppl need the rr it's hard work as every sense in your body is in full over drive, and i see most talk about there guns or what ever as it like getting them ready for the next game.

i'd still look at the rental price as i said, you'll end up getting the lula's that have no respect for your gear, and this will put off your regular players if you only get messers,
    but more power to you if you get a way with it, best of luck.

paul.

Advertisement