Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

I don't wanna give away too much rite now, all I'm gonna say is that we got in an architect to design the place so it's not just cover and stuff.

Keep the excitment to yourself man, you don't want to know it all before you get there!

If you wanna get a feel for it, go up to Fingal sometime and try out they're cqb area (the orchard) it's deadly, try that and imagine it on a massive scale!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I don't wanna give away too much rite now, all I'm gonna say is that we got in an architect to design the place so it's not just cover and stuff.

Keep the excitment to yourself man, you don't want to know it all before you get there!
    Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

If you wanna get a feel for it, go up to Fingal sometime and try out they're cqb area (the orchard) it's deadly, try that and imagne it on a massive scale!

Cant get to fingal or hrta due to the limitations of public transport.. hence why the warehouse will be so handy for me

Doomofman wrote: »
    Cant get to fingal or hrta due to the limitations of public transport.. hence why the warehouse will be so handy for me

Fair point! Maybe one of us will be going up there at some point, we will give you a lift. Sure you could just ask someone on thier thread and most likely someone will accomadate you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

check out pics here

http://www.irishairsoftforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=184&start=60

looking forward to seeing the "after" shots

johnboyire wrote: »
    check out pics here

http://www.irishairsoftforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=184&start=60

looking forward to seeing the "after" shots

Yeah we posted them here a few pages ago, thanks for that man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

9000sq ft is big but with 50 people it becomes very small, the lay out is important each area must have a flanking position to keep it moving. i know have not finalised your rules but be careful when it comes to injuries and the claims start comming in. watch out make sure you insurance has good cover. trust me i have done my homework on this subject for a project like yours. the main thing is that it changes if your players become ramiliar with the lay out it get old very quickly. anyway best of luck ill be out to have a look when you open. earler if invited. it a great idea and your location is well placed.

We have our floor plan so we can move everything, so one week to the next the site will look different (maybe every two weeks).

Insurance is covered though, all will have to sign waivers at the door before entry.

It SHOULD be noted that if someone comes up and is under eighteen without a gaurdian we will have to refuse you entry so make sure you contact us for a waiver to bring home and get signed. there will be a link on our website to download the waiver (whenever we get the thing up and running)!!

We have our floor plan so we can move everything, so one week to the next the site will look different (maybe every two weeks).

Insurance is covered though, all will have to sign waivers at the door before entry.

It SHOULD be noted that if someone comes up and is under eighteen without a gaurdian we will have to refuse you entry so make sure you contact us for a waiver to bring home and get signed. there will be a link on our website to download the waiver (whenever we get the thing up and running)!!

Woop... Its a good thing it'll be changed from time to time....

Is it gonna be open every day of the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

good plan. dont rely on waivers they help but they do not exempt you from claims owners occupiers act 1995 is in effect waivers only act as a agknowlagement of the danger not as an exclusion of claim. anyway im sure you know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

nuts, its at least a 10 minute drive for me:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

How far is it from the DART station and which one would be the nearest?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Turncoat wrote: »
    How far is it from the DART station and which one would be the nearest?
    youd be best getting off in town and getting the bus out

edit: you could also get off at clontarf and get the bus from fairview.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The sites looking great lads., a place i know very well, and only a few mins away, is that in the old Toyota forklift place there? right facing summerhill spares/ old alhausen's building.,

for anyone looking for directions to it, its really simple,
    North Bound on the Malahide Road, take the little slip road that goes into Lidl/halfords/woodies etc, but instead of going into the carpark of them, continue straight and past the "Newtown House"/paddy powers etc, and take the next left., the building will be on your right, (by what ive seen of the map of course., )

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah me and biohazard popped down yesterday to have a look and found it easy enough :)

I have pictures but im not arsed uploading them. Looking foward to seeing the place. And i hope to god those physcho guard dogs opposite your place never get lose :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

lads just a idea but what if you bottle/bagged up all the pellets you sweep up of the ground and you could maybe sell them back to people at a cheap price fro use in the like of clay mores and that!

just an idea go easy on me:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Fantastic ,

I live about 5 mins from this place

I shall be a regular visitor

Well done lads and best of luck with this venture

masterapprovespp0.jpg

I never thought of bagging up the bbs for use in claymores actually, we wore just going to throw them away because you can't SAFELY use them in an aeg again!

Woop... Its a good thing it'll be changed from time to time....

Is it gonna be open every day of the week?

Yes, 7 days a week: Mon - Fri around 16:00 (maybe earlier) - 22:00 or 23:00 (sometimes later). Sat & Sun 10:00 on the dot to 22:00 or 23:00.

We will be open during the early hours of the day aswell but that will most likely be just for bookings or training (or whatever)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Sounds ace and easy enough to find =P

It is very easy to find, as said from town it's just down the Malahide rd untill you see Mc'ds, turn left go past there, then past the Newtown house (Texaco garage is on your right) turn left and we are the second building on your right!

Our car park can fit around 50 cars also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Info on your site is up on our forum.

Steve

Thanks a lot for that man.

That was sound of you, it looks like being nice when opening is really paying off for us lol!

I just checked it out there man, thanks for that Steve!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Irelands first indoor facility gets all my attention, at long last is all I can say. :)

Steve

Irelands first indoor facility gets all my attention, at long last is all I can say. :)

Steve

lol, fair point.

Its not only the first indoor facility.. It's the first easily accessible by public transport for those of us that dont own flash cars :p

I never thought of bagging up the bbs for use in claymores actually, we wore just going to throw them away because you can't SAFELY use them in an aeg again!

yeap they wont wreck a claymore because there is no hop up or barrell to get caught in.

you should think about it because it kills me to put 200 brand new expensive bb's in them.

yeap they wont wreck a claymore because there is no hop up or barrell to get caught in.

you should think about it because it kills me to put 200 brand new expensive bb's in them.

you bum :p

you bum :p

hey man reduce reuse and recycle we all have to do our bit hahaha:D:D

• Advertisement

hey man reduce reuse and recycle we all have to do our bit hahaha:D:D

:rolleyes: Excuses :p

Advertisement