Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

If this is in swords as previously speculated I'll wet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Guys, I hope this goes well for ye. I look forward to paying ye a visit.
    Martin and Evelyn- G-TAC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

is the rental per hour or all day cause wow thats good value for a rental
    and your opening times are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

best of luck from The Contractors

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Jeez the place sounds cool, I'm probably gonna get a slap for this, but I try and avoid Dublin at all costs:o but this might temp me up there, no disrepect, i'm just a lazy basta*d!!!!

Best of luck guys, i hope it works out fot ya.:)

Just a quick addition, the mask guys, mesh or otherwise? mesh doesn't fog....especially indoors when you all sweaty n under preasure to look for that assassin! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

LOl, exact location will be given very soon, again I’m sorry for all the messing but the second all is sorted it will be released.

The name of the site is The Warehouse; it is purely a cqb facility there is serious money going into it so it isn't going to be half assed.

Our rental package is: gun, tactical vest to tell between teams (thought we would get away from the arm band), full face mask and a clip of bbs for €5.

(NOTE: there is no charge on the tactical vest)

We will be open 7 days a week, Sat and Sun 10am to 10 or 11pm (maybe later if there are many airsofters on site), Mon to Fri We are thinking 3 or 4pm to 10 or 11pm (but we could be open all day every day). We will also be doing night games (but we could do them during the day lol) now and then.

Our opening hours will be semi-flexible to the times you guys want to go.

We will have a monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly and annual membership option to suit those who go regularly (details have been drawn up and will be released shortly).

The opening price will be 2 hours for €10 (the more you buy the cheaper it gets obviously). Games will be timed, taking airsoft back to where it started and this will also cut out long breaks between games (meaning when you buy 4 hours you actually will get 4 hours). We wouldn't recommend that anyone spends the whole day in an indoor fast paced cqb facility, a couple of hours would most likely leave you wrecked.

Obviously the membership rate is a lot cheaper but mind you that is a good price anyway I think.

Oh, all of our floor plans are being (and have been) designed by architects and are completely moveable so the site shouldn't look the same from one week to the next.

What do you guys think of all that?

really looking forward to this, the wait between games is a major gripe for alot of people so what your going to do is a fantastic idea and good value too, you vipers know how to run a site, so im looking forward to playing here with the rest of ATF!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Best of luck with the new site, at long, long, long last an indoor cqb facility. Can't wait to see it. 2 minutes from the M1? I love it already. :)

Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

johnboyire wrote: »
    really looking forward to this, the wait between games is a major gripe for alot of people so what your going to do is a fantastic idea and good value too, you vipers know how to run a site, so im looking forward to playing here with the rest of ATF!! :D

Sure haven't they learned from the best:p:p wink.gif

Best of luck lads.... looking forward to trying it out;)

Bren

P.S. I know where it is...:p:p But I'm sworn to secrecy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Thanks again for all the support guys.

The masks we provide onsite will be a full visor. This was a decision that we did not take lightly. We looked into both mesh and visor and decided that the risk of a BB fragmenting and going through with our equipment was one that we were not willing to take.

We are getting the masks that were made by airsofters for airsofters. It has intake and outlet points on the enclosed space. It comes with an anti fogging formule that we will continue to use.

Fogging may still occure in the rare occasion and we will have very strict policies that everyone will have to follow. There will be a safe area to clean moisture off and recoat the lens as and when required.

We feel that this is the safest option for us as a business and for those using the equipment.

Again I would like to point out that this is not going to be in swords. As stated we will be announcing the location for all to see hopefully this friday.

The rental price will cover you for as long as you stay.

Thanks for the support Paul. We understand that people like to relax between games and we are fine with those who wish to skip a game here and there or to just chill for 20 minutes. However we will not let that interfer with the enjoyment of the other customers or stop people from getting value for thier buck.

The guns we have chosen while not designed to be beaten against the wall repeatly are very well built and can take alot of abuse. A person would have to intentially try to harm the gun to cause serious damage. If this happens it will be cought on camera and depending on the situation they may be asked to pay for a replacment or contribute to a replacment.

We want to be fair to everyone and to continue to provide the best experience we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Can we bring our own equipment? I know that you will be providing tac vests and face protection but will the airsoft device have to be rented from yourselves or it is OK to B.Y.O.G?

• Advertisement

Miscreant wrote: »
    Can we bring our own equipment? I know that you will be providing tac vests and face protection but will the airsoft device have to be rented from yourselves or it is OK to B.Y.O.G?

Airsofters can bring thier own gear ofcourse, in the instance where an airsofter has a problem with wearing the tac vests there is always other options, but yes is the answer there.

Miscreant wrote: »

Airsofters can bring thier own gear ofcourse, in the instance where an airsofter has a problem with wearing the tac vests there is always other options, but yes is the answer there.

The rental price is for the entire day (you only pay it once), if you leave and come back later, then ofcourse you will have to pay it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Holy crap this place sounds amazing already, I cant believe the really low rent as well on AEGS. Ermm just a quick question or two.

1) Decided on an age limit ? or did you stcik with 15...

2) are you still gonna record games as you were talking about in the last topic (I.e using cameras around arean to piece together a video)

3) Is there any ideas with your opening date/skirmish and how would I get involved in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

Best of Luck Guys from everyone in The Airsoft Tactical Force :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

sounds excellent

But one thing that pops up there to my attention, are you saying tac vests are going to seperate teams? Or can we wear our own?

I'm only asking cause ive compiled myself an indoor loadout and the vest is the cool part :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

Sounds great, best of luck and ill look forward to a game or 2 at the Warehouse!!

Cork Airsoft (SAS-C)

As said you don't have to wear any of our gear, as long as you have a full face mask you are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

As said you don't have to wear any of our gear, as long as you have a full face mask you are ok.

No mesh? Dang, some of the lads will need to rent/buy new masks then. Will you offer mask only rental like other sites do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    Holy crap this place sounds amazing already, I cant believe the really low rent as well on AEGS. Ermm just a quick question or two.

1) Decided on an age limit ? or did you stcik with 15...

2) are you still gonna record games as you were talking about in the last topic (I.e using cameras around arean to piece together a video)

3) Is there any ideas with your opening date/skirmish and how would I get involved in it ?

^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

Yes we are offering mask only rentals. There will be an alternative to our tac vests however it will be more visible then the tac vest would be.

We are looking at an age limit of 11-12 upwards. We still intend on recording the games but it will be more focused on the league games :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kiwi84000 wrote: »
    Yes we are offering mask only rentals. There will be an alternative to our tac vests however it will be more visible then the tac vest would be.

We are looking at an age limit of 11-12 upwards. We still intend on recording the games but it will be more focused on the league games :)

You wouldnt per chance be using woodland vests? I have a woodland SAAV that I could use, but tbh I'd rather none at all. I was planning on using a low restricion belt rig I've compiled and leaving above the waist completely free. Would the alternative be along the lines of the vests for sports clubs ect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭kiwi84000

We are not using woodland vests unfortunatly. We may require a large piece of cloth hanging from your own vest depending on the situation.

can i wear hot pants (now close your eyes ...... you like it :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

whydave wrote: »
    can i wear hot pants (now close your eyes ...... you like it :) )

Aaarrgh, That'll replace the whale in my nightmares. (Kudos to whoever get the quote)

I think I just threw up into my mouth a little bit.:(

lol. Do you not think it would be nice to get away from the armbands lads, in such fast paced games I think the tac would help people identify the other, atleast try it out once no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

People tend to spend a fair bit on getting vests that are comfortable and customising them to suit their loadout. I'd say a lot of people would be reluctant to give them up. Armbands in yellow and red would be, in my experience, considerably easier and quicker to pick out in a close-and-fast environment. Camo, by it's nature, is difficult to pick put against each other. In a rush, black, woodland, marpat, vegeta, cadpat, flecktarn etc can all look the same unless your very astute. Plus, there's the problem it would pose to colourblind players. It's bad enough picking out close colours, let alone patterns. There's no confusing armbands though.

head bands , same colour hat on each team .......

or if you really wanted to differenciate teams, you could just give them helemts.

I'm sure everyone would welcome a helmet in cqb, i can tell you they can save alot of pain, just ask fayer bout getting hit in the temple

Helemts are genuinely cheaper then tac vests, and you can paint them easily to any colour you see fit, blue, red, green etc

Also it allows players to keep their tac vests.

I'm not being a whinger or anything, i just personally prefer wearing my own vest, having my own little thing of where things are etc etc.

But a helmet might be an idea if you want to go down that route...cause anyone planning on not wearing a helemt in face paced cqb, will buy one after their first time im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I never liked helmets for cqb, I always found them restrictive and slightly disorientating for sound. I'd wear one if needs be though.
    I reckon a filthy big red helmet on your noggin would cause me to laugh so hard I couldn't aim. Perhaps helmets with a coloured stripe rather than a fully painted one would look better andbe just as effective. It'd also be cheaper than vests since you can pick up three-pack of ACM M88 helmets for 20 bucks on eHobby. I'm sure anyone with a helmet already wouldn't mind sticking a coloured band around it either so it's win-win.

• Advertisement

i wear a helemt and would not mind at all wearing a band around mine etc.

i find them pretty ok to use, and it helps when you get a close quarters shot in the head

Advertisement