Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

I think we have the basis for our first milsim event. We could also do multiple bomb scenarios in that game, maybe also a third team in the mix, outside black ops come to retrieve the info, so all three teams have separate goals but ones that make them be in the way of the other team.

Thats a good idea.. I like the black ops idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

It could be good as long as all three teams are identifiable to each other!

It could be good as long as all three teams are identifiable to each other!

Yeah definatly... What would be the best way? Logically how I'd do it would be... Urban camo = Rescue force, Civilian clothing = Hostile force and All Black gear = black ops... But not everyone will be setup to play this way...

Well we have said that we have been considering renting out camo so maybe it would be worth it for events like this one!

Well we have said that we have been considering renting out camo so maybe it would be worth it for events like this one!

True... Another thing you could consider is to have one of the teams have the ability to knock out the lights... Would be cool for a room breach if you could black out the place then bust in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Flacks aka Dave

how about the hostage has the password for the computer to access the Intel in one game mode

team A (Rescue force) have been sent to secure a hostage that is been interrogated by team B (Terrorists) for valuable information at the same time team C (black ops) have been sent in to clean up the mess (blow the place) Team B must defend the hostage, Intel and bomb site, teams A+C come at them from two fronts

Team A (Rescue force) = Urban camo:
    objective 1: secure the hostage,
    objective 2: retrieve the Intel

Team B (Terrorists) = Civilian clothing:
    objective 1: defend the hostage,
    objective 2: defend the Intel,
    objective 3: defend the bomb site

Team C (black ops) = All Black gear:
    objective 1: retrieve the Intel,
    objective 2: destory the compound

i cant realy know what will work untill i see the site for myself but you get the idea

That is excellent man. Excellent, I'm loving the three teams on separate missions and the camo choices. This will be our first milsim event (unless someone poaches it from this thread).

Doomofman wrote: »
    True... Another thing you could consider is to have one of the teams have the ability to knock out the lights... Would be cool for a room breach if you could black out the place then bust in...

We could easily make that happen man.

That is excellent man. Excellent, I'm loving the three teams on separate missions and the camo choices. This will be our first milsim event (unless someone poaches it from this thread).

Who else has an indoor site to play it in? :D

(unless someone poaches it from this thread).

well yeah other people could do something similar but without the PC getting the Intel wouldnt be as good so with Irish weather its really restricted to indoor sites :D plus ya cant knock the lights out in an outdoor site lol

• Advertisement

well yeah other people could do something similar but without the PC getting the Intel wouldnt be as good so with Irish weather its really restricted to indoor sites :D plus ya cant knock the lights out in an outdoor site lol

That sounds like a challenge...

That sounds like a challenge...

maybe they could build a massive black out thingy like in the simpsons
    this event can only work right indoors

i was thinking the game starts as team A enter the compound but give team C the choice of when to enter and give them the ability to knock out the lights for like 60seconds (maybe a bit more) as they breach the compound

maybe they could build a massive black out thingy like in the simpsons
    this event can only work right indoors

i was thinking the game starts as team A enter the compound but give team C the choice of when to enter and give them the ability to knock out the lights for like 60seconds (maybe a bit more) as they breach the compound

Yeah, a lot of thought would have to be put into it but I think all and all it sounds great!

Yeah, a lot of thought would have to be put into it but I think all and all it sounds great!

Something my friend just mentioned to me...

How many players would you have in a game like this...

I was thinking maybe.. 10-12 terrorists, 6-8 rescue force and 4-6 black ops... what you reckon?

Also.. Will you being setting up like a Warehouse team.. of regulars or whathave you?

And whats the square footage on this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

could take a whack at a windows based bomb program based around flash, couldnt be too complicated

Something my friend just mentioned to me...

How many players would you have in a game like this...

I was thinking maybe.. 10-12 terrorists, 6-8 rescue force and 4-6 black ops... what you reckon?

Also.. Will you being setting up like a Warehouse team.. of regulars or whathave you?

And whats the square footage on this place?

It's 9000 sq ft (main floor) 1000 sq ft (changing room) and like 200 sq ft (reception)!.

We got let down on a huge delivery of wood. we have to push the pre-game back. We wore going to set it for the 17th but G-tec has an event on and we would be muppets to try to steal some of their players so it will be a week or two after that!

Again sorry but it couldn't be helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

*pops umbrella to avoid the inevitable tears of sorrow about to flood from numerous innocent eyes*

Ah well

It's no major thing, it's just slowed us down by a week, we would be open sooner but we don't want to coinside with the G-tec event. Again sure no worries, soon!

• Advertisement

No doubt the pre game will be on the day of the FAI cup semi and I'll have to miss the pre game :(

No doubt the pre game will be on the day of the FAI cup semi and I'll have to miss the pre game :(

We will try not to have it on the same day, just for you man!

We will try not to have it on the same day, just for you man!

The cup semi is on the 24th.. its a friday.. the friday after the g-tac event... thats why I was worried it would be on then... I really don't wanna miss the pre game... This place is my mecca :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

The cup semi is on the 24th.. its a friday.. the friday after the g-tac event... thats why I was worried it would be on then... I really don't wanna miss the pre game... This place is my mecca :D

If you want to see the footie, I will take your place at the opening and tell you all about it. I might even take pictures.:D

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    If you want to see the footie, I will take your place at the opening and tell you all about it. I might even take pictures.:D

Haha quiet you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

how many ppl will this venue hold and is the opening inv only?

how many ppl will this venue hold and is the opening inv only?

The opening won't be invite only no, we will work something out that suits everybody though so don't worry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

sorry i have been looking at you ideas and it would be a great business if
    1/ your owner the premises and didnt have to pay rent.
    2/ your staff (if any) worked for free
    3/ your stock of guns your going to rent out are unbreakable
    4/ Irish liability law is changed so that everyone that falls over and hurts themselves do not sue you for injury.
    5/ you did not have to change everything around every two weeks and lose one or two playing days in doing so.
    6/ the bbs vanished at the end of the day that are all over the floor (again people slipping on them , your liability increases because of this, also you cant turn off the lights when playing do you realy want to have a criminal charge of reckless endangerment put against you)
    7/ your random players dont end up in a fight over a row.
    8/ your income from players covers your outgoings which i cant see it doing.
    9/ your players come back again and again enough to make it pay.
    10/ ireland was not heading inito recession where people have less money to spend.

but what do i know just some thoughts....i hope im wrong i think that airsoft is crying out for some thing like this ....one last though having one of you game called "assisanate the chief of police" is only going to get you attention from those that would close you down. eg county council, local elected representives and local police.
    anyway best of luck ill come out early when you open to play as i cant see you being in business come christmas. but i wish you well.

copperdaz wrote: »
    sorry i have been looking at you ideas and it would be a great business if
    1/ your owner the premises and didnt have to pay rent.
    2/ your staff (if any) worked for free
    3/ your stock of guns your going to rent out are unbreakable
    4/ Irish liability law is changed so that everyone that falls over and hurts themselves do not sue you for injury.
    5/ you did not have to change everything around every two weeks and lose one or two playing days in doing so.
    6/ the bbs vanished at the end of the day that are all over the floor (again people slipping on them , your liability increases because of this, also you cant turn off the lights when playing do you realy want to have a criminal charge of reckless endangerment put against you)
    7/ your random players dont end up in a fight over a row.
    8/ your income from players covers your outgoings which i cant see it doing.
    9/ your players come back again and again enough to make it pay.
    10/ ireland was not heading inito recession where people have less money to spend.

but what do i know just some thoughts....i hope im wrong i think that airsoft is crying out for some thing like this ....one last though having one of you game called "assisanate the chief of police" is only going to get you attention from those that would close you down. eg county council, local elected representives and local police.
    anyway best of luck ill come out early when you open to play as i cant see you being in business come christmas. but i wish you well.

Buzzkill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭mr anderson.

The opening won't be invite only no, we will work something out that suits everybody though so don't worry!

when is the big day?

Advertisement