Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

Doomofman wrote: »
    Buzzkill
    no just a realist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

copperdaz wrote: »
    sorry i have been looking at you ideas and it would be a great business if
    1/ your owner the premises and didnt have to pay rent.
    2/ your staff (if any) worked for free
    3/ your stock of guns your going to rent out are unbreakable
    4/ Irish liability law is changed so that everyone that falls over and hurts themselves do not sue you for injury.
    5/ you did not have to change everything around every two weeks and lose one or two playing days in doing so.
    6/ the bbs vanished at the end of the day that are all over the floor (again people slipping on them , your liability increases because of this, also you cant turn off the lights when playing do you realy want to have a criminal charge of reckless endangerment put against you)
    7/ your random players dont end up in a fight over a row.
    8/ your income from players covers your outgoings which i cant see it doing.
    9/ your players come back again and again enough to make it pay.
    10/ ireland was not heading inito recession where people have less money to spend.

but what do i know just some thoughts....i hope im wrong i think that airsoft is crying out for some thing like this ....one last though having one of you game called "assisanate the chief of police" is only going to get you attention from those that would close you down. eg county council, local elected representives and local police.
    anyway best of luck ill come out early when you open to play as i cant see you being in business come christmas. but i wish you well.

What makes you think we are going to take that long to open?
    Answers to your points,

1, All sites have some overheads.

2, We will be working there.

3, We are charging €10 per rent, that is more than enough considering the fact that at most we would pay €100 for them (we have our price but I'm not releasing it), which means you rent them out ten times and you have your money back!

4, All you can do is make sure you have taken every precaution to stop that from happening and when/if it does just make sure you are properly covered (which we are).

5, I said maybe every two weeks, it could be every three weeks and that is only one nights work (you ever do any manual labour, no?)

6, We will obviously be cleaning them, and we said we would only be turning the lights off "IF WE HAD MANY AIRSOFTERS ON SITE" meaning if there is someone there we don't know then we won't be doing it!

7, What? how many people have lost teeth, got shot in the eye or been threatend in any of the other sites in Ireland? LOADS is the answer! If someone behaves in such a manner to any of our customers or staff they will be barred and if needs be the Gardaí will be contacted.

8, I'm sorry but, duh!

9, The same as number 8.

10, so should we all stop buying things, should all airsoft sites close now? We are already in a recession son.

None of your points are valid.

Radnom players? We will have teams and everyone else down.
    Without sounding smart, we are almost a year researching and getting public feedback into this, we know it is a huge risk but so is everything business related (normally).

Regards our game, assisanate the chief of police. We have already spoken with the local Gardaí (well the important ones anyway) and it doesn' seem to bother them, I wonder is that because they know it's a game?

Anyway Copperdaz, thanks for your input but there is no need for scare mongering or insinuating that we don't know what we are doing. Looking forward to seeing you there man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

no just a realist.

I hardly think the people who are setting up this site haven't considered everything you've brought up in that post already...

I don't think they've just stumbled blindly into this..

Give them a bit of credit ffs...

I hardly think the people who are setting up this site haven't considered everything you've brought up in that post already...

I don't think they've just stumbled blindly into this..

Give them a bit of credit ffs...

Thanks for that Doom!!!

Thanks for that Doom!!!

No problem... Not in the mood for anyone trying to ruin this... Especially with stupid crap like that...

You must have found that post pretty insulting

• Advertisement

No problem... Not in the mood for anyone trying to ruin this... Especially with stupid crap like that...

You must have found that post pretty insulting

A bit ignorant of the facts to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Sooner you open the better.
    Some people really need to get out more :D

tonky wrote: »

Pardon me? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

All I can say on the matter is that there is rarely a perfect time to start a business but you gotta start somewhere, best of luck lads!

Pardon me? :p
    Sorry Doom, not directed at you... should have made that clear.

• Advertisement

Sorry Doom, not directed at you... should have made that clear.

Yeah Yeah... i'm watching you :cool:

What makes you think we are going to take that long to open?
    Answers to your points,

1, All sites have some overheads.

2, We will be working there.
    for free? :)

3, We are charging €10 per rent, that is more than enough considering the fact that at most we would pay €100 for them (we have our price but I'm not releasing it), which means you rent them out ten times and you have your money back!
    sure thats still ten times before you reach profit
    4, All you can do is make sure you have taken every precaution to stop that from happening and when/if it does just make sure you are properly covered (which we are).
    im sure you think your covered i would love to see the policy before i play.
    5, I said maybe every two weeks, it could be ever three weeks and that is only one nights work (you ever do any manual labour no?)
    no never i went to law school and became a solicitor i leave manual labour to the help.
    6, We will obviously be cleaning them, and we said we would only be turning the lights off "IF WE HAD MANY AIRSOFTERS ON SITE" meaning if there is someone there we don't know then we won't be doing it!
    the fact you know the people on site does not reduce your liability if some one YOU KNOW gets injured!!!
    7, What? how many people have lost teeth, got shot in the eye or been threatend in any of the other sites in Ireland? LOADS is the answer! If someone behaves in such a manner to any of our customers or staff they will be barred and if needs be the Gardaí will be contacted.
    "LOADS" Well there you go, enjoy the High Court !
    8, I'm sorry but, duh!
    we will see...
    9, The same as number 8.

10, so should we all stop buying things, should all airsoft sites close now? We are already in a recession son.
    you are young grasshopper if you are under 30 years old you dont remember the last one in the 1980s, i do and you would be foolish to think that people with no job no income and a mortage are going to spend money on airsoft when they have no money for the basics.
    Without sounding smart, we are almost a year researching and getting public feedback into this, we know it is a huge risk but so is everything business related (normally). None of your points are valid. Radnom players? We will have teams and everyone else down.
    a whole year! public feedback if i was you i would be getting established bussinesses advice their advice is worth ten times joe publcs advice. my advice is a form of nostalgia do with it what you will. if you think my points have no substance that up to you i usually charge for my advice this time you can have it for free.
    Regards our game, assisanate the chief of police. We have already spoken with the local Gardaí (well the important ones anyway) and it doesn' seem to bother them, I wonder is that because they know it's a game?
    wow you only spoke to the important police are there unimportant police, interesting. you will find that they wont act untill the local politician makes a call. have you even considered the fact that the COmmessioner of the police (who is important) has been asked to look into making tighter controls on airsoft. this meens that a few complaints re you "kill the chief of police" or simular games and your looking at a change in the law which puts you out of business. still think my points are not valid.
    Anyway Copperdaz, thanks for your input but there is no need for scare mongering or insinuating that we don't know what we are doing. Looking forward to seeing you there man!!
    scare mongering i though you wanted opinion of the public im sorry if it does not suit you or make you feel threatened. i think its a good idea but i dont think you have gone about it the right way, time will tell. anyway i know a good solicitor who does insolvency when you need it.

scare mongering i though you wanted opinion of the public im sorry if it does not suit you or make you feel threatened. i think its a good idea but i dont think you have gone about it the right way, time will tell. anyway i know a good solicitor who does insolvency when you need it.

Seriously stop being an arsehole... You seem to think you know everything.. Have you seen any of the other airsoft sites with lawsuits or whatever against them?

And you say its opinion? cause the way you're talking makes it seem like you think it's fact...

back up your claims or shut up... stop trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Yea that aeg you sold me is getting bored destroying cans, it needs to shoot people :D

Seriously stop being an arsehole... You seem to think you know everything.. Have you seen any of the other airsoft sites with lawsuits or whatever against them?

And you say its opinion? cause the way you're talking makes it seem like you think it's fact...

back up your claims or shut up... stop trolling

why so serious. i get payed for my opinion and i know what im talking about. other airsoft sites differ as they are outdoors and natural land has dangers such as hole branches rocks ect associated with the land. if you build a purpose built area indoors you will be responsible 100% for the layout you build. you liability is greater then on open ground. ANY injury under your roof will leave you liable. fact and opinion are two different things fact is just that an established truth , opinion is a persons expresson of their thoughts and ideas.

my opinion is qualified can you say the same....

why so serious. i get payed for my opinion and i know what im talking about. other airsoft sites differ as they are outdoors and natural land has dangers such as hole branches rocks ect associated with the land. if you build a purpose built area indoors you will be responsible 100% for the layout you build. you liability is greater then on open ground. ANY injury under your roof will leave you liable. fact and opinion are two different things fact is just that an established truth , opinion is a persons expresson of their thoughts and ideas.

my opinion is qualified can you say the same....

And who exactly is paying you for this particular opinion?

And it must smell nice having your head stuck so far up your own arse...

Anyway I'm not gonna respond to your 'know it all' bull**** anymore because you're just looking for a reaction.. It's sad really..

People like you make the world a miserable place...

Here's some wonderful advice for you...

Try being optimistic about something at some point in your life you'd be suprised how much fun it is...

And so endeth the legal lesson for tonight. Pitiful, Sad really.
    Anyhow roll on the opening.

And who exactly is paying you for this particular opinion?
    as i said my advice here is free. but please if you need further advice you can call to our office.
    And it must smell nice having your head stuck so far up your own arse...

Anyway I'm not gonna respond to your 'know it all' bull**** anymore because you're just looking for a reaction.. It's sad really..

People like you make the world a miserable place...

Here's some wonderful advice for you...

Try being optimistic about something at some point in your life you'd be suprised how much fun it is...

sometimes advice is not what you want to hear. have you ever heard the story of the emperors clothes, everyone kept telling him how great he looked ... you know the rest.
    optimistic is one thing being realistic i find is more important when you are paying out money

sometimes advice is not what you want to hear. have you ever heard the story of the emperors clothes, everyone kept telling him how great he looked ... you know the rest.
    optimistic is one thing being realistic i find is more important when you are paying out money

It's not your money though... Fair enough you're trying to point out things you think could be potential problems.. but at the end of the day they wont be yours... I have faith that the guys who set this place up have covered themselves.. It would be odd if they decided to open the place without legal advice as airsoft seems to be a very touchy subject...

It's not going to make any difference to you if it works or fails...

There was no need to post all the stuff you did.. If it was a serious concern you could have easily PMed The Warehouse or emailed them etc etc...

But you put it here for everyone to see which in my eyes makes it seem like you're doing it for the reaction/attention and not out of any personal worries about the site.

And as for your little quip about being payed for your opinion and it seemingly making you better then me... People are paid to kill other people or to have sex with people.. Does that make them better then me too?

Congratulations for getting a qualification in something...

Doesn't mean you need to go spouting off like everyone should listen to what you say because of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

he is a troll. lets just not feed em we all know where that takes us

• Advertisement

It's not your money though... Fair enough you're trying to point out things you think could be potential problems.. but at the end of the day they wont be yours... I have faith that the guys who set this place up have covered themselves.. It would be odd if they decided to open the place without legal advice as airsoft seems to be a very touchy subject...

It's not going to make any difference to you if it works or fails...
    i dont realy care if it works or fails but as i said i post my thought for others to join in. its no good if everyone keeps telling you your great. personally i would rather one person to tell you your wrong and tell you why then ten to know your wrong but never point it out to you
    There was no need to post all the stuff you did.. If it was a serious concern you could have easily PMed The Warehouse or emailed them etc etc...
    se above
    But you put it here for everyone to see which in my eyes makes it seem like you're doing it for the reaction/attention and not out of any personal worries about the site.
    sorry but these are things you shoould think about..
    And as for your little quip about being payed for your opinion and it seemingly making you better then me... People are paid to kill other people or to have sex with people.. Does that make them better then me too?
    its not the fact you get payed for your advice, its that people are willing to pay for your advice there is the difference. They value your opinion and are willing to pay for it. whats you opinion worth?
    "Does that make them better then me too?" You tell me.

Congratulations for getting a qualification in something...

Doesn't mean you need to go spouting off like everyone should listen to what you say because of it...
    im not ,negitive comment is necessary to prevent you making mistakes. you can act on it or not act on it but at least you have something to compare it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Assassinate the Lawyer :D

(I'm still training so don't count :cool: )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

ye coperdaz you never actually said who pays you or was that more of your buls**t
    and if i remember corectly hrta was once indoor and look at them goin strong 1 and a half years later no lawsuite no nothing and i thin these lads would have gone over there prices to make sure they were balancing the books
    and by the looks of your number of posts and what not you probably dont know much about the sport

PLEASE DON'T FEED THE
    T R O L L
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Tonky your former AUG really wants to open up on this guy if he does go to the warehouse like he says he will lol

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Copperdaz.
    Airsoft indoors or outdoors. Have rules and one of them is that you have to sign a waiver (i hope you know what it means).
    And explain me one thing. At the end of your "nice list" you wrote "but what do i know just some thoughts" but in other post you stated "my opinion is qualified can you say the same...." and "i get payed for my opinion and i know what im talking about"

And one more thing did you do a proper research, before posting somthing like that.

And after reading your posts i dont think i`d love to see you in The Warehouse. or any other airsoft field.

We all here are a big family who wants to see Airsoft growing.

guys guys guys why are you all on the offensive. i want them to to do well. the posts are only there to get you thinking. i would love to see them do well but as i have already said if you cant listen to negitive comment without getting offended then you will run into problems. the points i have put up are only problems that i would see as relevent to their business plan both legal and financial.

as i said running game looking to "kill the chief of police" will only put airsoft on a one way track to tough regulation or worse a change in the law making it illegal.

you may think its only a game by there are many people (not me) who would love to see airsoft made illegal and those who are involved in airsoft must be carefull not to bring negitive media or political attention to the point where popular opinion leads to it being made illegal.

thats justfor starters the rest you have read already....

private.G wrote: »
    Copperdaz.
    Airsoft indoors or outdoors. Have rules and one of them is that you have to sign awaiver (i hope you know what it means).

And explain me one thing. At the end of your "nice list" you wrote "but what do i know just some thoughts" but in other post you stated "my opinion is qualified can you say the same...." and "i get payed for my opinion and i know what im talking about"

And one more thing did you do a proper research, before posting somthing like that.

And after reading your posts i dont think i`d love to see you in The Warehouse. or any other airsoft field.

We all here are a big family who wants to see Airsoft growing.

a waver does not act as a bar to you being sued. Irish Tort law, see the 1995 act that covers the statutory position.

I am a legal professional that is why i said i get payed for my opinion.

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Tonky your former AUG really wants to open up on this guy if he does go to the warehouse like he says he will lol
    Glad to hear it. Looking forward to a visit.
    Can someone else report this "lawyer" to the mods for trolling, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Ok nice once again someone is trying yo point out the possible negative sides of airsoft. If you wanted to make a discussion about that then you should Pm mods asking to make a tread about this. But you came directly to this tread Aiming it all on One site.

Advertisement