Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

private.G wrote: »
    Ok nice once again someone is trying yo point out the possible negative sides of airsoft. If you wanted to make a discussion about that then you should Pm mods asking to make a tread about this. But you came directly to this tread Aiming it all on One site.

my posts are regarding this one site. lads if you ignore the negitive aspects of airsoft these are the stick that you will be beaten with.

we can all be part of the mutual admiration society if you want but i speak my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Copperdaz,

I would like to thank you for airing your opinions. You are correct when you say that all opinions are valid. I personally and I am sure the rest of the partners here agree that any feedback good or bad is useful to the business.

With that said, if you have any concerns regarding the site or anything that may offend either the media or local council and you do indeed have a wish to see our site do well. I would kindly ask that you send it to us via PM's or Email so that we may deal with it appropriately.

As I am sure you agree the last thing anyone wants at this stage is to see this thread brought to the level that some other threads have been at.

On a side note I would also like to say that we have spoken to fully qualified solicitor regarding our site and we are still proceeding. At this stage and with such a touchy subject I would not feel comfortable making any decision on the opinion of a student of law as you have stated you are in other posts.

We look forward to seeing all of you at The Warehouse and we will inform you all of the opening date just as soon as we know :D.

If you would like to continue discussing the legal ramifications of the sport of airsoft in general I would ask that it be done in a thread on the general airsoft forum so that more people would be able to participate.

Regards,
    The Warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

copperdaz wrote: »
    why so serious. i get payed for my opinion and i know what im talking about. other airsoft sites differ as they are outdoors and natural land has dangers such as hole branches rocks ect associated with the land. if you build a purpose built area indoors you will be responsible 100% for the layout you build. you liability is greater then on open ground. ANY injury under your roof will leave you liable. fact and opinion are two different things fact is just that an established truth , opinion is a persons expresson of their thoughts and ideas.

my opinion is qualified can you say the same....

I thought they trained solicitors these days to spell and punctuate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i know from experience that waivers do provide some cover, but not as much as people think ( I ran a skatepark for years), but saying that we only had one perent try to sue us for their kids injury and got 1200 out of us.
    You can cover yourself much better if its ran as a club and the waiver also signs you up for membership as well.
    But you are much less likely to have an injury in airsoft then skating.

Still so looking forward to opening

Thanks for the good words there everyone, we are going ahead and it will be this month (not christmas). We have had a lot of legal and financial advice and so far it looks good, there is always a chance that we will fail but sure if you don't try you don't know and it's worth the risk I think.

Anyway, no more words on stupidity now.
    Thanks again.
    The Warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Is it open yet??

No you say...hmmm how about now???

So near but yet so far!

Delete this post please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

@ Warehouse : Will grenade launchers be allowed at the site?

Good luck with the place, eagerly waiting for it to open and count me as one of the regular Sunday attendees when you open. I hope all your aeg's weigh below 1j(quoting from the Evening Herald) incase we decide to throw them at others after we run out of bb's:P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

WHAT:eek::eek:

Sharad wrote: »
    @ Warehouse : Will grenade launchers be allowed at the site?

Good luck with the place, eagerly waiting for it to open and count me as one of the regular Sunday attendees when you open. I hope all your aeg's weigh below 1j(quoting from the Evening Herald) incase we decide to throw them at others after we run out of bb's:P.

Everything is allowed on the site boss, I look forward to having you there every Sunday. I read that article it was very funny, idiots what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

cant wait lads, sounds like its gonna be a blast. buying a g&g umg & flashbangs just to use at your place :) are home made riot shields allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

cant wait lads, sounds like its gonna be a blast. buying a g&g UMP & flashbangs just to use at your place :) are home made riot shields allowed?

Fixed.

And I think they are, at least for the pregame, we're using ours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

Shield masters you`ll get your fingers shot or feet's.
    Anyway should be fun to fight against one of them in CQB.

P.s You will hawe to let me try the shield :cool::D

wait till you see the one ive made muhawhawhaw, fingers not an issue, feet maybe if i dont get used to it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

wait till you see the one ive made muhawhawhaw, fingers not an issue, feet maybe if i dont get used to it :P

If you do it right your feet will be 6 inches back. Keep it low, then they'd have to be prone to hit your foot. And my hands are safe. 4/5mm perspex will stop bbs too.

We're gonna have sheild stalemates.

If you do it right your feet will be 6 inches back. Keep it low, then they'd have to be prone to hit your foot. And my hands are safe. 4/5mm perspex will stop bbs too.

solution is a properly rolled grenade, 3 layers of lightweight but very durable, 2 identical layers with viewer cut out and middle completely see through layer and 2 attachments for your arm to fit into muhawhawhaw :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Ya know what else is awesome about this....there's a McDonalds next door.
    And there's a tesco five minutes walk down the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

If this situation occurs then both shout charge and do what has to be done and charge:P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

will be there on the open day with my p90 and aks74u and socom pistol and maybe my m4 but meh

EDIT:

oh and some grenades also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Ya know what else is awesome about this....there's a McDonalds next door.
    And there's a tesco five minutes walk down the road!

Also practically next door there's Aldi or lidl(they're both practically the same shop anyway) Woodies, Halfords and a pub

• Advertisement

Doomofman wrote: »
    Also practically next door there's Aldi or lidl(they're both practically the same shop anyway) Woodies, Halfords and a pub

Yuss!!!

Yuss!!!

There's also a carpet shop but I don't see it having any application to Airsoft..

Green wool rug ghillie suit perhaps? :p

Everybody likes carpets.

Everybody likes carpets.

Especially murderers.. they love carpets...

You all sound like your advertising Des kelly's shop, lol. Keep it on topic lads. The riot shields and grenades will be essential to this game.

So what state is the site in?

Kentucky?

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Kentucky?

SHUSH YOU

:p

• Advertisement

Doomofman wrote: »
    So what state is the site in?

Most of the essential building is done, i.e the reception area, hording and such, we are on it but it's not finished yet!

Advertisement