Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

This sounds like a good solution although renting tac vests I think is still a good idea, just not to identify people, gives new players a proper feel to the situation, makes them feel like SWAT ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Thanks for the info lads. We were thinking of going with helmets and we feel that a mix of both would be a good solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Would it be possible for people to bring their own vests but just add coloured tags to them to identify the team???

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

think thats just being answered above..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks for the info lads. We were thinking of going with helmets and we feel that a mix of both would be a good solution.

Yeah, I'd have no objections to putting a band round my Avon/hood.

Sounds good lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Nothing wrong with arm bands IMO.

Crave wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with arm bands IMO.

There is nothing wrong with it no, we are just trying something different, I like the idea personally.

The helmets are something to think about though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Personally speaking, I will be wearing a helmet and having to wear a band around it would make no difference. Loadouts are a personal thing (as Doc said, you know where everything is).

If you have a readily identifiable marker on people, without it being too big, it will actually add to the tactical aspect. People will have to make sure they have identified their target as being "the enemy" before they dispense 6mm justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm sure whatever is decided upon will work fine, and you wont hear any complaints.

Indoor site, opening in irish winter..epic

Ive the master of AEG's vtec sooping up my mp5k...roll on richochet heaven...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

its starting to sound like the fashion warehouse! ;):D :p im just as bad ive got swat style gear ready to go!
    the different colours teams will be a big help in close quarters especially if like me you have never played in a proper indoor set-up,

i have been on the lookout for non-pyro grenades, there is a pretty good (and completely legal)smoke grenades available, has anyone seen somthing similar but a flashbang version? not too sure if this is even possible or not,

it will be great to see the likes of the zoxna grenade in action during indoor play they are a little bit wasted during some outdoor games as people are afraid to hit other gamers on the noggin, at least during indoor you can roll them along the ground,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

why not but colours on the masks?
    Bit of blue or red electrical tape is all you need :)

just got myself a new mask, so might not want to part with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

Sorry to derail the thread but I got a few questions,
    I'm a newbie and I just bought a sr-25 and was wondering if that would be a bit too long for this site(without the silencer of course)? and what is your policy on younger players? will I need a waiver like with HRTA?

I would imagine that the sr-25 would be far too long, the shotgun and SMG will be the king of this arena.

I doubt I will even be using my m4 CQB Seal, saving for an mp5 PDW

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

An SR25 would be wayyy too long (take it from someone who uses one regularly, I tend to sling it and draw my pistol when moving into houses at HRTA). Having it in an super-urban environ like that would be a disadvantage to you.

The M4 CQB is perfect for indoor use. Why do you think it's called an M4 CQB. This will be a tight enough indoor arena, but CQB isn't that tight.

For anyone wondering whether their rifle is suitable to CQB or not, there's two simple tests.
    1) Shoulder your rifle and look down the sights with the rifle parallel to the ground. Place your back against the jamb of a doorway (the upright of the frame). Swing your body, without moving the rifle out of that parallel, from one side of door to the other, using the jamb and your back as a pivot.
    If you clear the door unhindered, you have a rifle/smg/shotgun perfectly sized for breaching.
    2) Shoulder your rifle as above. With the arm you would normally support the gun (ie, not the trigger arm), make a fist and extend it to full stretch. If your rifle/smg/shotgun muzzle is at, or falls short of, your fist, you have a rifle for assaulting.

Bear in mind, those are guidelines. If you feel comfortable taking a room with a 42inch long shotgun (like I often do), go for it.
    Also, there's a big difference between breach/entry tactics and CQB assault tactics, which is why I've highlighted which test is for what tactic.

Sorry for hijacking the topic there.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

I'm sure whatever is decided upon will work fine, and you wont hear any complaints.

Indoor site, opening in irish winter..epic

Ive the master of AEG's vtec sooping up my mp5k...roll on richochet heaven...

irish winters are better than our summers doc, when i had the frist indoor site, sorry lads i had to get that bit in, every one wanted to play out side.
    just one thing lads what way are you going to run with the AEG's is it going to be semi fire only, as i had at my indoor site, or full auto.

I would consider not using my CQB Seal as it is quite heavy, the mp5 PDW would be far more suitable in my opinion, although I will try out both

Lads, you know those sidearms you have sitting on your hip every saturday that you only use when all your AEG mags are out. Nows the time for using it. A semi-auto pistol and 3-4mags should be fine. You wont need full auto at 10-30ft ranges or less, well, if you do you have a problem.

Or, you can do what I'm doing. UMP, stock folded w/ foregrip. Its like weilding a pistol except not as balanced and a little longer but its still light enough to be used one handed. Hopefully I'll be able to use the 9.6 to its full potential :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

CQB in Full auto !!!!!
    we have the toys now lets rock n' roll

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i think a g36c would be pretty god fot this site
    is it just we or does anyone else think that the g36c can be used for evrything!! god i love them

daz801 wrote: »
    i think a g36c would be pretty god fot this site
    is it just we or does anyone else think that the g36c can be used for evrything!! god i love them

Thats why if you ask anybody whats the best selling AEG is, the anser is always the same. JG G36C. No arguing against that.

The C = Compact and thats just easier to say than G36CQB, because thats what it is really.

• Advertisement

i know
    cant wait for this place to be open its going to be class

Again I would like to point out that this is not going to be in swords. As stated we will be announcing the location for all to see hopefully this friday.

Is this still a possibility or has it been changed, would love to know where it is so I could work out the cheapest and most reliable source of transport

It isn't just a possibility, it's done, we are open soon. We can't fix ourselves to an open date yet but everything is just done so nothing has changed and we should all prepare for cqb madness.

OH YEAH !!

It isn't just a possibility, it's done, we are open soon. We can't fix ourselves to an open date yet but everything is just done so nothing has changed and we should all prepare for cqb madness.

OH YEAH !!

*HK Slap sound* Booyeah!

OH YEAH !!
    so is the sight up????

We have to do a lot of building work (lucky enough we have a company doing most of that), we have to sign the last few legal documents (it gets very tricky when you involve rates and zoning laws) and then we are open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Time to buy two Gold Plated Berettas for those John Woo moments that are likely to crop up.

I'm looking forward to the videos that come out of this place myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

gold plated hotpants !!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

So do we even know what county this is in yet?

Advertisement