Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

Doomofman wrote: »
    Aw.. Shame that... So when are we gonna get any info about layout and games and other such stuff... eh? EH? EH? :D

Well we have loads of game scenarios, we have at least 18 I can think off my head but I know we have loads written down (new ones). Doom you are going to the pre-game so why would you want me to give away the layout and wreck the excitement for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭copperdaz

yes it is in relation to prohibited military exercises. plus a ministeral order to stop the likes of airsoft. the reason i posted it is if i am going to bring ten mates to this site is it going to bring trouble on them if we went there. sorry but i think if im organising a day out i want to know im not going be accused of a criminal offence that carries a 15 year sentence. So again is THIS SITE in compliance with the law regarding this section. its a simple question!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Well we have loads of game scenarios, we have at least 18 I can think off my head but I know we have loads written down (new ones). Doom you are going to the pre-game so why would you want me to give away the layout and wreck the excitement for you?

I just wanna know something :P

copperdaz wrote: »
    yes it is in relation to prohibited military exercises. plus a ministeral order to stop the likes of airsoft. the reason i posted it is if i am going to bring ten mates to this site is it going to bring trouble on them if we went there. sorry but i think if im organising a day out i want to know im not going be accused of a criminal offence that carries a 15 year sentence. So again is THIS SITE in compliance with the law regarding this section. its a simple question!

I think the 15 years your getting from membership of an illegal organization and I don't think its fifteen years. The max for section 15 is two, it says so in the statute, "such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanour and shall be liable on conviction thereof to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years".

We have had advice and as I have said we are not there for training purposes but rather for entertainment, we are playing a sport that at this point is most likely a nationally recognized sport in some country. We are able to prove that we are purely entertainment by the fact that 1, we charge for the peasure. 2, people will not be instructed on military tactics by Airsoft Reloaded or anyone representing the same. 3, we will be inviting the Gardaí to take part and incourage them to make a team in airsoft, this is not normally the aims of an illegal gathering is it? To invite the police force!

If the worst did happen and the minister decided to invoke his right to shut us down we have grounds for a legal challenge and again we are open soon!

private.G wrote: »
    Please stop talking about things you dont understand completely.
    Section 15 of the Offences against the state act 1939
    15 Unauthorised military exercises prohibited.
    If i am not wrong Airsoft is LEGAL in Ireland. So that makes it as an exception to this section.

i would say it not illegal, but read this again tell me where if you cant see a problem.

If any person is present at or takes part in or gives instruction to or trains or drills an assembly of persons who without or otherwise than in accordance with an authorisation, granted by a Minister of State under this section practise, or train or drill themselves in, or are trained or drilled in the use of arms or the performance of any military exercise, evolution, or manoeuvre or who without or otherwise than in accordance with such authorisation have assembled or met together for the purpose of so practising, or training or drilling or being trained or drilled, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanour and shall be liable on conviction thereof to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

just a thought.

• Advertisement

Copperdaz your gonna get yourself banned mate, relax. If you wanna advise us please send it via pm, if not please keep it on topic.

I tell you what you can have the last word ok.

Noone answer any more legal questions please!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,005 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

As I already stated, it's a general airsoft issue. If this act were going to cause your friends trouble, then it would have happened already to hundreds of people on airsoft sites all over Ireland. - It's not just specific to this site.

If your main concern is a genuine clarification of legalities before heading to a site with your friends, use the pm function. That's what it is there for.

This is not a place for you to cross examine the site owner. The fact that we allow the discussion here means we're fairly confident no laws are being broken.

Now as I've already stated, stop what you're doing on this thread. Or you'll have to be temporarily banned as you're becoming a nuisance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

i would say it not illegal, but read this again tell me where if you cant see a problem.

If any person is present at or takes part in or gives instruction to or trains or drills an assembly of persons who without or otherwise than in accordance with an authorisation, granted by a Minister of State under this section practise, or train or drill themselves in, or are trained or drilled in the use of arms or the performance of any military exercise, evolution, or manoeuvre or who without or otherwise than in accordance with such authorisation have assembled or met together for the purpose of so practising, or training or drilling or being trained or drilled, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanour and shall be liable on conviction thereof to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years.

just a thought.
    ok if gevernment thaught all this was illegal i think they would have shut down one o the other siites already. sure hrta is open for more than a year.
    and if you are planning on going tell evryone beforehand because im pretty sure a lot of people dont even want to look at you let alone play with you

ok last word even though im still concerned. banning someone who has genuine questions and concerns about a topic is not the way to go. i post here as it is about the warehouse and its the first indoor site. second the fact that no criminal cases have come before the courts does not change the fact it could be against the law. i just dont want to be the first test case.

anyway so much for free expression.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

ok last word even though im still concerned. banning someone who has genuine questions and concerns about a topic is not the way to go. i post here as it is about the warehouse and its the first indoor site. second the fact that no criminal cases have come before the courts does not change the fact it could be against the law. i just dont want to be the first test case.

we said nothing about you cant express yourself just pm the warehouse as we have asked so nicely at the start but now we are pissed off
    and chances of a test game for you are none noone likes you your a big no it all whoo thinks your better than evryone
    and its actually the secound indoor site hrta was an indoor site originally but it was to small for the numbers so they moved to a bigger outdoor area
    and plenty of guards and army people play so i daubt very much that its illegal
    why cant you just optimistic for once in your life
    i think that all the sites have done there research and know its not illegal now just leave this thread be go talk in the politicts thread if you want to talk about all that

• Advertisement

Free expression? this coming from a guy that previously went on about how your opinion is 'worth' something...

Free expression? this coming from a guy that previously went on about how your opinion is 'worth' something...
    i said i get payed for my opinion...but on this topic its free.

i said i get payed for my opinion...but on this topic its free.

But you still like to remind us right?

Seriously.. I hope you come to this site just so I can riddle you with bb's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

According to psychologists all over the world, people only unnecessarily flog their knowledge around to compensate for being students bad students in the past.

But you still like to remind us right?

Seriously.. I hope you come to this site just so I can riddle you with bb's...

you brought it up. it a statment of fact my advice is only "Worth" what you get out of it.

"riddle me with bbs" , sounds you have a medical problem:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭DisasterIRL

Sharad wrote: »
    According to psychologists all over the world, people only unnecessarily flog their knowledge around to compensate for being students bad students in the past.

+1
    Excellently put and from my experiences quite true

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

What part of "shut the fuk up and get back on topic" are you people no understanding?

The warehouse has to pay to have this thread here and im pretty sure they would prefer if if was treated with a little respect.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Aw.. Shame that... So when are we gonna get any info about layout and games and other such stuff... eh? EH? EH? :D

Leave the layout for youre eyes to see once it opens!! as for game types, it was posted already a couple of pages back:D

Sharad wrote: »

true better to keep you mouth shut and be a fool then to open it and comfirm it to everyone.
    or we could all become psychologists and who know it all ....:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Lets take it to pm as Richie correctly pointed out that this is no place for this conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So back on topic.

like omgz when you guys open :)

( Regarding the "troll" I think he has made some seriously valid points, and calling him a troll doesnt help...hes looknig for clarification, new airsofter just interested in the situation? Just because he is not coming across in a certain way doesnt give you the right to insult him, because his points, are extremely valid, but hasnt been informed of the Airsoft legallity. Doom I'm sure you didnt receive that treatment when you first came ehre, and you dont get that treatment for being a fanboi or spammer)

An interesting question popped into my head. This site is very clsoe to public transport, so the odd time I might be taking a bus. Have you guys notified dublin bus of the possible items that may be present on their busses, or is it jsut " a sure it will be grand"

I just ask because a number of times brining my guns into college en route to work, I've been asked a number of times by bus drivers and conductors, and I bluff it as a guitar. You may say " they cant do ****" but they actually CAN. You an be refused from a bus for simply carrying cans, and passengers are genuinely refused by being A)a Threat to other passenger safety and B) carrying items that may threaten passenger safety.

Now genuinely 70/100 youll be grand, but youll get those 30 bus drivers who are dicks...cause they do their job :P

Fruit for thought....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

So back on topic.

like omgz when you guys open :)

( Regarding the "troll" I think he has made some seriously valid points, and calling him a troll doesnt help...hes looknig for clarification, new airsofter just interested in the situation? Just because he is not coming across in a certain way doesnt give you the right to insult him, because his points, are extremely valid, but hasnt been informed of the Airsoft legallity. Doom I'm sure you didnt receive that treatment when you first came ehre, and you dont get that treatment for being a fanboi or spammer)

An interesting question popped into my head. This site is very clsoe to public transport, so the odd time I might be taking a bus. Have you guys notified dublin bus of the possible items that may be present on their busses, or is it jsut " a sure it will be grand"

I just ask because a number of times brining my guns into college en route to work, I've been asked a number of times by bus drivers and conductors, and I bluff it as a guitar. You may say " they cant do ****" but they actually CAN. You an be refused from a bus for simply carrying cans, and passengers are genuinely refused by being A)a Threat to other passenger safety and B) carrying items that may threaten passenger safety.

Now genuinely 70/100 youll be grand, but youll get those 30 bus drivers who are dicks...cause they do their job :P

Fruit for thought....

i use the guitar/bass excuse aswell depending on the case i have with me :D:D:D but he does have a a very valid point.
    also lookin forward to the pregame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Fair point Doc, but not once in the millions of times I've used Dublin Bus have I been asked to explain what is in my bag, no matter how large it is, be it a bulging sports bag or a hardshell guitar case.
    I've never encountered or heard of any incident where someone had to explain what they were carrying etc...

I imagine that provided it's not a back pack with a rifle barrell poking out the top, no problems should arise. And ofocurse that everyone has the sense not to whip out their piece on the bus, or get on the bus dressed like Sylvester Stalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'll be using the bus to get out there most likely. I'll just sling it over my back(Not a hardcase) and say its new fishing gear or say its an equalizer(Hardcase). Shouldnt be a problem.

Yeah it's the bus for me alright. And if asked I would use the guitar excuse but as doc said I rekcon 70/80 percent of the time it wont matter... Once nobody makes a big deal if a bus driver says you cant get on with it we should be fine...

Yeah it's the bus for me alright. And if asked I would use the guitar excuse but as doc said I rekcon 70/80 percent of the time it wont matter... Once nobody makes a big deal if a bus driver says you cant get on with it we should be fine...

it statments like this that i have a problem with. its the head in the sand argument. its not an issue untill its a problem for you. and banding around percentages picked out of the air does not prove you point. 49.7% of people can tell you that percentages are mostly just made up .:D

I love this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

are trained or drilled in the use of arms or the performance of any military exercise, evolution, or manoeuvre or who without or otherwise than in accordance with such authorisation have assembled or met together for the purpose of so practising, or training or drilling or being trained or drilled,

So I shouldn't be trained or train others in the vol ambulance org im a member of in foot drill then? Its a military drill after all.

On to the bus thing, gutair case is a good idea.

If they say no they say no its thier right under dublin bus by-laws, they have a job to do.

As long as its covered up, mag and battery not in the gun and you have the barrel end covered preferably by orange cover you acting well within the law. They may call the guards and you may have some explaining to do but aslong as you use that common sense majigger (almost extinct now) you should be ok

it statments like this that i have a problem with. its the head in the sand argument. its not an issue untill its a problem for you. and banding around percentages picked out of the air does not prove you point. 49.7% of people can tell you that percentages are mostly just made up .:D

I'm going on personal experience... from traveling on public transport with my AEGs in their bag.. Never had any problem... But I'm not saying there wont be a problem for me or others in the future... but I dont see how a bag that could contain anything could be concieved as a threat.. The same could be said about anyone who gets on the bus with a back pack...

I'm sure copperdaz will soon correct me on exactly what the law says and someone else who has a problem with me will back it up... but IMO saying its a big problem carrying your aegs conceled in a bag on public transport is the same as carrying them in a bag in public i.e from your house to the car if you're parked on the street... I can't drive.. So I don't have a choice, If I want to enjoy Airsoft I have to use public transport to get to the sites...

Look at this stage.. I'm just trying to look forward to enjoying the warehouse.. Stuff like these legal issues are just dragging it down... Not to say they aren't applicable or important but there's been many a thread about legal issues before, I don't see the need to hijack this thread with it.

• Advertisement

Its something DIRECTLY involved with the site mentioned, and its actually the first site accessible through public transport.

I think it is a bit risky, I **** a brick every time i bring my stuff through college....it jsut takes one smart arse.

And the amount of scummers that get on a 43, its not a matter of time ebfore someone says " here mister what in the bag" and you might find yourself in a spot of bother.

TBH I only mentioned it cause its a refreshing change from the usual " when you open"

Advertisement