Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Aron-The Hitman

Hi guys,

We are thinking about stopping thr Saturday SWAT SIM game!

We are looking for feedback from those who have attended it, what do you guys think?

Also we are thinking about ripping down the platform and building another complex (or whatever), what does everyone think?

Doc will be heart broken!

Hiya Guys,

Rip the tower town and built the two story office block that would be fun.
    Milsim was ok but people never turn up, so get rid of it :P

By the way I went to the VHI Clinic today and was told I ripped some muscle around me knee:eek: Im in a cast and on crutches:eek:

See you in like 2 weeks hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Hi guys,

We are thinking about stopping thr Saturday SWAT SIM game!

We are looking for feedback from those who have attended it, what do you guys think?

Also we are thinking about ripping down the platform and building another complex (or whatever), what does everyone think?

Doc will be heart broken!

I enjoyed the milsim the one day i could go but working weekends put a stop to it for me, have it every few months of so, oh and do it mid week :p

Yea i saw bye bye tower hello something new

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

been unable to get to the milsims because of female comittments :)

To be fair the tower is a serious advantage to whomever takes it, assaulting the generator, its pretty much game over targets boxed in.

You should also think about removing that door from the right sight attacking from Genny room, because it has just turned it into a lockdown and taken alot of fun which once was fire and manouvre down that side. Just a suggestion. The door sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

been unable to get to the milsims because of female comittments :)

To be fair the tower is a serious advantage to whomever takes it, assaulting the generator, its pretty much game over targets boxed in.

You should also think about removing that door from the right sight attacking from Genny room, because it has just turned it into a lockdown and taken alot of fun which once was fire and manouvre down that side. Just a suggestion. The door sucks

So do you think we should have the tower or not, being a good position isn't a reason to get rid of it! We have put a window in it. Have you seen it?

I put the door in so people could start using tactics to get in there, we don't like having places with only one door but that is something to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

great games today lads, enjoy myself. nice seeing the spot chronoing mid battle

• Advertisement

great games today lads, enjoy myself. nice seeing the spot chronoing mid battle

We aim to please dude, the random testing was worth it though. I cought 2 fools! Ehem.... Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Naessens

i dont know if this has been already asked but what guns are you renting?

Naessens wrote: »
    i dont know if this has been already asked but what guns are you renting?

The spets and the 36c!

PR3 training in The Warehouse today at 19:00 people, training cost is €10.

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

The spets and the 36c!

PR3 training in The Warehouse today at 19:00 people, training cost is €10.

See you there!

May be late along to this, 20:30 or so. Forgot it was on so you may be seeing my hybrid multicam/jeans loadout made of things I find in the boot of the car :-)

Cheers for putting it on :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I got to try out the site yesterday after the milsim at hrta, seems pretty cool, even if I was hopelessly crap :D

The skorp did very well in there after I ditched the long shotty, I'll have to come in for a proper game soon ;)

• Advertisement

I got to try out the site yesterday after the milsim at hrta, seems pretty cool, even if I was hopelessly crap :D

The skorp did very well in there after I ditched the long shotty, I'll have to come in for a proper game soon ;)

Looking forward to having you down again man!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Is there a floor map of the warehouse?

So do you think we should have the tower or not, being a good position isn't a reason to get rid of it! We have put a window in it. Have you seen it?

I put the door in so people could start using tactics to get in there, we don't like having places with only one door but that is something to think about!

I dont see the tower as much of an advantage to the defenders of the genny side at all. Getting up there in the first place from jenny room spawn is a serious effort and 90% you get hit running up the ramp.

Being an elevated position, with its cover, when it is captured by attackers, its game over instantly, the same cannot be said for the opposite side, who can get boxed in, but on level ground with enough exits to make a push.

From the tower you can cover both exits from jenny. You have all witnessed me getting up there and as bert says " raining ****ing havoc" on enemy players who cannot fire back and get pounded. It is now like clockwork for me tkaing that ramp with people, its a simple fire and manouvre and you are in.

I think it could be removed for just a level ground structure, another room set perhaps? I think the fact its elevated, you get eyes on all targets in their own spawn. Perhaps another raised structure behind jenny in the firing range couldnt balance the problem?

On the door, I think it has removed that WHOLE side of the side from play. Seriously it has. You now have 2-3 tangos standing by the steel things by jenny, firing down at a door. And no one moves from the door. So in between those two points is dead man walking. As I have found when attacking from jenny, one defender can now hold that whole side, where as before, he might get bored and stray, but he now has a door to focus attention, and there is always someone behind the door.

Also, the door itself. Well most people will see no reason why they should advance from that door. What it has created is a plinking comp between two ends of the site, eradicating movement in between. Before the door was there, movement would go back and forth, I remember one incident in particular where 4 of us moved up the right side from jenny, stacked up, and broke off, 2 through the door ( before it was there) and 2 direct at the enemy base.

I think the door is a needless obstacle. When attacking from jenny, the teams ive been on have just said " forget right side, leave one man spotting the rest left and centre". There is no tactics for taking a fixed position, behind a door. Another epic problem is the fact of no gun hits, because people just stick their gun out the side, peep and eye, and fire away, you riddle their gun and they dont take a hit, obviously. So its also nearly an invincible position, nevermind the fact you can fire through the gap in the door.

The door is a more pressing concern then the tower for me, I think it was the worst addition to then site, and has nulled a flank that since I arrived there was always a bit dull for action. Most of the action happens side with tower and centre. Mostly because now it is merely a tight corridor of advancement on the right side.

I dont see the tower as much of an advantage to the defenders of the genny side at all. Getting up there in the first place from jenny room spawn is a serious effort and 90% you get hit running up the ramp.

Being an elevated position, with its cover, when it is captured by attackers, its game over instantly, the same cannot be said for the opposite side, who can get boxed in, but on level ground with enough exits to make a push.

From the tower you can cover both exits from jenny. You have all witnessed me getting up there and as bert says " raining ****ing havoc" on enemy players who cannot fire back and get pounded. It is now like clockwork for me tkaing that ramp with people, its a simple fire and manouvre and you are in.

I think it could be removed for just a level ground structure, another room set perhaps? I think the fact its elevated, you get eyes on all targets in their own spawn. Perhaps another raised structure behind jenny in the firing range couldnt balance the problem?

On the door, I think it has removed that WHOLE side of the side from play. Seriously it has. You now have 2-3 tangos standing by the steel things by jenny, firing down at a door. And no one moves from the door. So in between those two points is dead man walking. As I have found when attacking from jenny, one defender can now hold that whole side, where as before, he might get bored and stray, but he now has a door to focus attention, and there is always someone behind the door.

Also, the door itself. Well most people will see no reason why they should advance from that door. What it has created is a plinking comp between two ends of the site, eradicating movement in between. Before the door was there, movement would go back and forth, I remember one incident in particular where 4 of us moved up the right side from jenny, stacked up, and broke off, 2 through the door ( before it was there) and 2 direct at the enemy base.

I think the door is a needless obstacle. When attacking from jenny, the teams ive been on have just said " forget right side, leave one man spotting the rest left and centre". There is no tactics for taking a fixed position, behind a door. Another epic problem is the fact of no gun hits, because people just stick their gun out the side, peep and eye, and fire away, you riddle their gun and they dont take a hit, obviously. So its also nearly an invincible position, nevermind the fact you can fire through the gap in the door.

The door is a more pressing concern then the tower for me, I think it was the worst addition to then site, and has nulled a flank that since I arrived there was always a bit dull for action. Most of the action happens side with tower and centre. Mostly because now it is merely a tight corridor of advancement on the right side.

Now thats a detailed opinion! fair enough man, Consider the door gone

We will be having the two storey office area built soon so we will have to see what we will will do with the platform area.

Thanks for the comments there Doc!

Crave wrote: »
    Is there a floor map of the warehouse?

We were going to print some off but we change the place around to much to make it a viable idea!

You'll just have to pop down and have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Seeyis tomorrow as per usual gentlemen.

gerrowadat wrote: »

Looking forward to it Dave!:D

gerrowadat wrote: »

What he said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭trig740

heading up tomorrow cant wait.:D

• Advertisement

Now thats a detailed opinion! fair enough man, Consider the door gone

We will be having the two storey office area built soon so we will have to see what we will will do with the platform area.

Thanks for the comments there Doc!

Like I said to you personally, dont jsut take my word for it, I might be wrong.

Have a word with the peeps down tonight and see what they think, or just watch from the tower how that side of the site operates.

Also I'm half considering going.

United v Inter or run in the new Masada :(

By the way anyone interested in a game Thursday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭The Warehouse

trig740 wrote: »
    heading up tomorrow cant wait.:D

See you then boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

Like I said to you personally, dont jsut take my word for it, I might be wrong.

Have a word with the peeps down tonight and see what they think, or just watch from the tower how that side of the site operates.

Also I'm half considering going.

United v Inter or run in the new Masada :(

By the way anyone interested in a game Thursday night?

i would if i can? how's about it lads?

moggser wrote: »
    i would if i can? how's about it lads?

Your more than welcome to come up tonight man, that ended today so pop up if you like dude. The other guy is back tonight and siad we would like to apologize!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭moggser

ooohh jaysus ill do me best nice one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Lads gott say another great wednesday night, managed to scrape together three of us tonight, Kiwi thanks for taking the photo we'll get them up on the site over the next few nights. Gotta say the pistol / single shot games was righteous one of the best games ever :)

Cheers again lads, great games as per usual, i would type more but im shattered.

Oh and im still baffled, 25 bleedin seconds, like what the hell

yeah i know i was coming out the base and fealt my self getting shot in the back i was about to turn around a screm at my team and i see the lads smiling at me in multicam, gits :)

I know i booted it down to the platform to give covering fire so the rest of the boys could advance on the genny, get down there and off goes the whistle, was like ok its a cease fire for no mask or an injury, so start walking back to see what the craic is and find out its over.

All that running for nothing :(

• Advertisement

pain in the hole, syupid question what where you wearing like to put a name to face

Advertisement