Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warehouse

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Its shameful I haven't been up to you yet, I'm only in Raheny.
    Should be up sometime next week. Would it take long to Walk up to you from Raheny?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Mervenut

Yes lads, thanks for a great night from a first timer!
    I'll be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

phlegms wrote: »
    Its shameful I haven't been up to you yet, I'm only in Raheny.
    Should be up sometime next week. Would it take long to Walk up to you from Raheny?

I live in Raheny, it wouldn't take to long no but I wouldn't walk it!

Mervenut wrote: »
    Yes lads, thanks for a great night from a first timer!
    I'll be back!

Looking forward to it boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gutts

Hi guys, noob here just turned on to airsoft. Recently i was looking for a Berreta M9 Replica, purely as an ornament. And i discovered the sport. Was even more surprized when i found out there's a skirmish site not 5 mins from my house.

I just had a few questions, i've read the basics/game types/safety stuff. But in relation to The Warehouse itself I had afew queries.

1. Can you just walk in off the street at the alotted time slot or is advanced booking needed?
    2. Is it ok to come alone or do you need a group?
    3. In terms of equipment. Can you only use rental or can personal weapons be used. If so is there anything 'banned', such as grenade's/launcher's.
    4. Anyother info that i'd need to know?

The plan is to head around this saturday or the next if all go's well. Looking forward to getting my butt kicked soon :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Gutts wrote: »
    1. Can you just walk in off the street at the alotted time slot or is advanced booking needed?
    2. Is it ok to come alone or do you need a group?
    3. In terms of equipment. Can you only use rental or can personal weapons be used. If so is there anything 'banned', such as grenade's/launcher's.
    4. Anyother info that i'd need to know?

1. Booking isn't generally required in the Warehouse, it's rarely so busy that people get turned away. Turn up at the right time and get your war face on!
    2. You can absolutely turn up alone, teams will be assigned at the start of the session and you'll find people quite friendly and approachable. If you want to be on the same team as some friends though they can sort that out too.
    3. You can use your own gear; it'll have to be chronographed to ensure it's firing at 1 Joule or less, and if not you won't be allowed use it. But grenades and launchers are perfectly acceptable, and actually quite handy.
    4. You'll need a full face-mask, which are available to rent but you'll want to look into getting your own sooner or later. Bring some water because you'll sweat like a ten-gear sweating machine. Biodegradable BBs aren't allowed. Gloves are a great idea because getting hit in the back of the hand is stingy, and for the same reason a scarf or high collar is nice too, and maybe a hat. When in doubt, take the hit.

Have fun!

1. Booking isn't generally required in the Warehouse, it's rarely so busy that people get turned away. Turn up at the right time and get your war face on!
    2. You can absolutely turn up alone, teams will be assigned at the start of the session and you'll find people quite friendly and approachable. If you want to be on the same team as some friends though they can sort that out too.
    3. You can use your own gear; it'll have to be chronographed to ensure it's firing at 1 Joule or less, and if not you won't be allowed use it. But grenades and launchers are perfectly acceptable, and actually quite handy.
    4. You'll need a full face-mask, which are available to rent but you'll want to look into getting your own sooner or later. Bring some water because you'll sweat like a ten-gear sweating machine. Biodegradable BBs aren't allowed. Gloves are a great idea because getting hit in the back of the hand is stingy, and for the same reason a scarf or high collar is nice too, and maybe a hat. When in doubt, take the hit.

Have fun!

Thanks for that boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Would a shemagh count as face protection or would it have to be a full mask?

phlegms wrote: »
    Would a shemagh count as face protection or would it have to be a full mask?

You can do what you want but I would advise full face protection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Expecting many for tonight(Friday)?

• Advertisement

Craigsy wrote: »
    Expecting many for tonight(Friday)?

We always have a fair few in on Fridays and we have a few bookings in yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Mauriceg

Lads

Good games last night - playing 2 v 2 against two good players who play the game properly is a damn good experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

hey lads it been too long and im back for my fix

can i book 6 in for 8 tonight??

Mauriceg wrote: »
    Lads

Good games last night - playing 2 v 2 against two good players who play the game properly is a damn good experience :)

Thanks Maurice,

Always a pleasure to have yourselves down and it was refreshing not to have to marshall at all.

hey lads it been too long and im back for my fix

can i book 6 in for 8 tonight??

You can indeed sir, looking forward to seeing you down.

You can indeed sir, looking forward to seeing you down.

cheers lads i think i can still remember how to get there:D

great games tonight lads and fair play to everyone taking your hits made for some good game play:)

it definately wont be a months before im back......i have the bug again:D

see ya soon guys

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

yea great game tonight, can't wait to get back. Do you guys open just Fri,Sat,Sun? might be down next weekend anyway.

just counting the bruises me now, at least 40 and still counting. loved every second of it.
    Can't wait till "the compound" opens

great games tonight lads and fair play to everyone taking your hits made for some good game play:)

it definately wont be a months before im back......i have the bug again:D

see ya soon guys

Great stuff Peter, sure it was only great when your down. I left a wee bit early though. Did Joey get up in the end?

smegmar wrote: »
    yea great game tonight, can't wait to get back. Do you guys open just Fri,Sat,Sun? might be down next weekend anyway.

just counting the bruises me now, at least 40 and still counting. loved every second of it.
    Can't wait till "the compound" opens

If theres one thing we do well it's bruise you! :D

Looking forward to seeing you down again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Hi Guys

Can I book in for the 5 o/c session this evening

Cheers

Gray

Great stuff Peter, sure it was only great when your down. I left a wee bit early though. Did Joey get up in the end?

ah you such a sweet talker:D

yeah you just missed joey...

cant wait till the compound opens:cool:

ah you such a sweet talker:D

yeah you just missed joey...

cant wait till the compound opens:cool:

I do try.

Yeah, The Compound is gonna be the dog's bollo*.

Gray wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Can I book in for the 5 o/c session this evening

Cheers

Gray

Thanks for coming up today Gray, twas a great craic.

I got you with a lovely knife kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Gray

Thanks for coming up today Gray, twas a great craic.

I got you with a lovely knife kill.

Great fun tonight though I'm going to have to get wing mirrors or hang a bell on ye:rolleyes:

Gray wrote: »
    Great fun tonight though I'm going to have to get wing mirrors or hang a bell on ye:rolleyes:

An ould mirror would do you very well in The Warehouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

Hey guys, just checkin to confirm the bookin for Saturday 8th.

reckon at least 15 maybe 20 lads/lasses comin and at least half will need rentals.

@ 12.00 please :)

Simeadrach wrote: »
    Hey guys, just checkin to confirm the bookin for Saturday 8th.

reckon at least 15 maybe 20 lads/lasses comin and at least half will need rentals.

@ 12.00 please :)

No worries boss, we shall see you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭smegmar

Just wondering were you guys open the bank holiday Monday?

• Advertisement

smegmar wrote: »
    Just wondering were you guys open the bank holiday Monday?

No dude, we don't open bank holidays (to drunk).

Advertisement