Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Bus Question

Options
  • 07-09-2008 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Does anyone know what bus from eyre square goes by the Galway regional hospital? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

4W and 5W..... are same bus on Sundays I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭apprentice

Is that the Knocknacarra bus? Thanks

4 is newcastle, 5 is rahoon. more info can be found on the bus eireann website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

the knocknacarra buses also go by it, 2D and 2W i think... can't remember the numbers exactly. just make sure it's the bustop on Richardson's side of the square you get it from... a bunch of other 2 something leave from the taxi rank to liosbeg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Anyone knows what bus goes to Doughiska from Eire Square?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭apprentice

Thanks for your comments The number 9 bus goes to Doughiska

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

WooPeeA wrote: »
    Anyone knows what bus goes to Doughiska from Eire Square?

Number 9. South East corner of the square, every 15 minutes.

Whoops, it was already answered. Time for new goggles, I think. oO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

4W and 5W..... are same bus on Sundays I think

You're a bit confused I think lads.

The regional hospital is Merlin Park. Number 9, Doughiskha, goes past it. There's a number 8 to Merlin .. not quite sure what route it takes.

The other hospital is UHG ... on the west side of the city ... 4W and 5W go there. Note that they're different to 4E and 5E, which, suprise, surprise, to the east side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

JustMary wrote: »
    You're a bit confused I think lads....

Not as confused as me. I thought this was a question about quick buses.

• Advertisement

The regional hospital is Merlin Park. Number 9, Doughiskha, goes past it. There's a number 8 to Merlin .. not quite sure what route it takes.

The other hospital is UHG ... on the west side of the city ... 4W and 5W go there. Note that they're different to 4E and 5E, which, suprise, surprise, to the east side.

OK, Does anybody actually call Merlin park the regional hospital???? And anyway its proper name is Merlin park regional hospital, not Galway regional hospital.

The OP wanted a bus to Galway regional hospital, which was the name for UCH back in the day. A lot of people still call it that.

As for Merlin park, a lot of people will call it merlin/merlin park, or D'orthopaedic.

Hope the buses worked out for you OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I always thought that UCHG was the Regional. That's what my parents always call it anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

The regional hospital is Merlin Park. .

Actually not exactly.

Both hospitals arre part of Galway Regional HospitalS, but UCH was formerly known as the Regional and many people still call it that.

Merlin Park is not normally called the regional.

Actually not exactly.

Both hospitals arre part of Galway Regional HospitalS, but UCH was formerly known as the Regional and many people still call it that.

Merlin Park is not normally called the regional.

My point exactly. I think Merlins new name is in fact Merlin Park Regional university hospital( I posted it assways earlier); or MPRUH for short.......but its good luck to anyone who actually calls it that!!

People still call UCHG the Regional, it was known as Galway regional and then the Western regional hospital for years, so the regional stuck.

Its the same in Cork. CUH was named similarly to the Galway hospital for years also, hence the langers still call it De Reeeeeeegional!!!

I'm part langer, before anybody accuses me of being mean to Cork people btw!!!

Advertisement