Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My 30 Day Low-Carb Journey!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Update on this week:

Monday: a house viewing got in the way of training but got in a good brisk 20 minute walk...

Tues: 1 hr 5 min cardio: tennis 45 mins, then headed to gym on way home for 20 mins treadmill, medium intensity.

Wed: Run down to the beach then ran on the beach - approx 35 mins running, 10 mins walking back. Not used to running outside the gym. Really enjoyed it though, won't be able to do this in few weeks, nights closing in!

Thurs (today): 50 mins cardio - treadmill 20 mins, bike 30 mins, set of 10 push-ups to finish.

Diet is good - looks like this:

breakfast: scrambled eggs, tea, peanut butter
    mid-morn: nuts, tea
    lunch: meat and veg, maybe small amount of carb every few days
    mid-afo: nuts or weetabix with low-fat milk
    train
    post-training: toast with tuna or beans or meat and veg, or soup.

As mentioned the past two weeks I've lost 2lbs of fat and gained 4lbs in lean tissue. Weight two weeks ago: 84kg. Weight today: 85kg. Bodyfat has gone from 19% to 18%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Been a while since I updated....

The Friday before last went to gym and had a hard enough workout (esp in hindsight, the next day!) Woke up last Saturday with a neck in a lot of pain, couldn't move out of bed and had to be helped out. Then I couldn't stand without being in serious pain - the only thing that relieved it was holding my left hand behind my head. So a few hours later I went up to the hospital cos it was just ridiculous - the whole not being able to stand or walk, that is. Doc said it was a muscular issue, nothing broken he thought, and I knew that. Got some pills and slept like a baby that night, woke up next day and was much better.

I put it down to the dbell thrusters i was doing the night before, those and the different version of dbell thrusters i was doing too:rolleyes: Not all down to that though as I suspect it was a weakness that was there waiting for the final straw - I had found over the past few months that when I turned my neck suddenly I felt a twinge, so there was likely some sort of weakness there. So I've laid off exercise for the past week, and a personal situation kept me away from the gym in any case. Have been eating pretty much whatever for the past week but I am slimmer than i have been since i left school i reckon!! I am looking back at the june and july pics and goin wtf?!! I thought I was doing well then.

It's all down to my new diet without a shadow of a doubt - but the weights help too;)

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Well Celestial. How are things going now over 2 years later? Started something similar myself.

Advertisement